ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Goddess... Return to archive
12-06-01 09:19 AM
Mathijs After all the debating -the proove is in the pudding! So, is there anybody who continued playing Goddess after more than one week? I for one didn't. I gave the album 10 spins, and decided that Dancing in the Starlight, Too Far Gone and Brand New Set Of Rules are great tracks, Lucky Day is quite good, and the rest sucks like hell. Tracks like Joy, Goddess, Everybody Getting High and Gun just really enoy me, as they sound like bad 80's dance music. For who exactly did Mick make this? I don't like this crappy 80's dance shit because I like hard drivin' rock and roll, and anybody who's into "modern music" starts laughing at these empty attemps....

I don't know, maybe Mick is just ahead of his time, and when we do get the 80's dance revival Mick will be hip like hell. For now, he is really damaging his and the Stones' image...

Mathijs
12-06-01 09:36 AM
CocaBuena Ho ho, I completely desagree. I think all album is really good and I'm still listening to. Oh, and GGME is also a fucking good song. Mick like Lenny, and Lenny IMO is the best thing in America. Mick always liked dance music. But He could call someone really hip to produce Gun, like The Chemical Brothers or Fastboy Slim
12-06-01 09:40 AM
Maxlugar For someone who likes hard riving rock and roll, you picked three of the most limp wristed songs on the album.

My opinion is he made this album for/about his family. It is so-so. Micks vocals are horrible on almost every song. What is with his fascination with stretching out the syllables at the end of words. Ya know, lick during Dancing in the Starlight? Or how about "Don't tear me uoowwwwoououppp". What the fuck?! Does he think that sounds good? Imagine if Wild Horses was recorded today: Wild, wild hooorrsssasasoowowowwwwses.... Stop it Mick!

But if you want to hear a REALLY horrible album? Spin Wingless Angels on the ol' CD player.

Good lord! Now that's crap! I heard Joey smoked some chiba and played the garbage can lid on some of those songs. Ground breaking! Awesome! 18 stars! Keith does it again!

12-07-01 02:06 AM
~AzQb

Nowwwwww, my GrandMasterFlashMaxFLugar!!!!

Play niiiiice. I wouldn't want to hide a knife in me boot upon our verry first meet-up!

Wingless Angels was a "friend" record-- recorded WITH friends and FOR friends-- mass consumption not even reMOTely considered by K. Just favours and love for some friends on the isle.

I still adore you, though. And I simply cannot wait to see you after you've started yer new "crack diet".

{disclaimer: this a chicklet chuckle, people ; }

~A

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.