ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Silky Smooth Like Wine Return to archive
12-05-01 08:20 PM
Joey My Dearest Stonesian " Tap Tap Tap " Kin.....

I have been listening to the boot " Tokyo '90 " all day long and I have just decided that " Almost Hear You Sigh " is the last great Rolling Stones single ever recorded . All Agree????? I thought so . This track has everything.... a little nastiness , a little class , a little Keith acoustic solo , a nice vocal .....Hell , all the right ingredients .

The Cardinal was the one who turnd me on to this boot and I must say , it is a must have for all fans of great Rock and Roll . I believe I will put it in Annie's Underwear drawer this evening.

....Put a dollar in the Kitty

....Don't the Moon look Pretty

....tonight when I chase the Dragon

...the water MAY change to cherry wine

...and the silver WILL turn to gold .

" Lick My Irish Ass Ronnie "

Joey , C10

12-06-01 03:10 AM
marko Hmmmmm ex song,but i like voodoo songs much more.Well theres
sweethearts together,the worst etc,,,,almost is ex song.
Btw joey,did you knew that its an outtake song from talk is
cheap,mick only finished that one(lyrics and melody).
But tokyo-90,you should have that one!
12-06-01 09:15 AM
Joey Amen My C-10 Brother.....

I forgot about " SweetHearts Together " Then THAT is the last great Rolling Stones song .

" Tokyo ' 90 " does indeed rock . Great Boot !!!!!!

" Hit Me Out Ronnie "

Joey , C10

12-06-01 02:56 PM
winter I don't recall, was Almost Hear You Sigh released as a single? Was there a video? If not, there should have been. It is the best tune on Steel Wheels.
12-06-01 03:19 PM
Joey Yes !!!!

To both questions.
12-06-01 06:04 PM
Gazza Tokyo'90 - the 26th Feb concert - is one of the best Stones shows ever. The video of it is amazing too. theyre really cookin' on that one - Keith was especially on fire that night!

Classic performances of "AHYS" (yes..a GREAT song indeed - certainly in MY "Top 20"),Happy,Midnight Rambler, Gimme Shelter and Sympathy For The Devil.

Every home should have one!
12-06-01 06:13 PM
sandrew The studio version features a great classical guitar solo by Keith. One of his best ever.
12-06-01 06:13 PM
Tom is that video an official Japanese release? How can I get a copy?
12-06-01 06:19 PM
Gazza No..its not commercially available anywhere

The show was broadcast on Japanese TV

Two versions exist - the live broadcast features the full show and a later broadcast has a couple of songs left out ("Sympathy" for some bizarre reason..and (I think) "2000 Light Years..)

Theres also a really good pro-shot from the previous concert in Tokyo 2 days earlier - but 26.2.90 is IMO the best show of the Steel Wheels Tour and probably their best ever stadium show.
12-06-01 09:00 PM
steel driving hammer I raise a glass to this thread.

This is why Rolling Stones message boards are what they are!
Passion, Information, No Hesistaion, Liberation, Just My Imagination, explanation, revelation, anticipation, gratification, invitation, excitation, stimulation, penetration, replication, liberation, lubrication, duplication, fascination, illumination, verification, provocation and Satisfaction.

Roll On!

The Rolling Stonesfactualaztion! LOL! Whew! Yeah!

No Hesitation!
12-07-01 12:24 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl wow Steely, that's poetry, that was a good one I'm howling

I just want to add ...intoxication, fornication, sexual gratification,
12-07-01 01:50 AM
~AzQb

....and did we mention "intoxication"?

ToxicLoveToYa!

!A
12-07-01 02:48 AM
marko So if someone still wants this show on cdr or on video,just
e-mail me.Btw i also tokyo 2.24.90 on sbd quality,on video
as well.damn good show too.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.