ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Creed is great! Return to archive
12-04-01 01:48 AM
Happy Motherfucker Yeah, I thought that would get your attention! Me and one of my buddies were watching the tape of the VH1 show tonight. He brought this dumb fuck with him and the first thing he said is " Mick can't sang a lick and creed would run circles around the Stones". Needless to say this got my blood boiling and I practically run that son of a bitch out of my house right after I told him just what I thought of him and Creed. They Are about the most untalented band that I have ever seen, except for a couple of local frat boys playing "Louie Louie" at a hole in the wall night club. How anyone can be that fucking bad and get on the airwaves is beyond me! That dude singing should'nt even be spoke of in the same breath as Jagger. Just goes to show how the music these days have went to the dogs! Five years from now people will be saying " Creed who"? I'm just damn lucky I happen to part of The Stones society. My dad turned me onto The Stones when I was five years old and I've been hip to those Motherfuckers for the past 30 years! Some people just don't know what they are missing. Hell, my band (Scapegoat) would burn a new ass for those boys any day of the week! Again I say "Creed who"? That ole boy won't be coming back to my pad unless he learns some fuck'n maners!
12-04-01 07:06 AM
Maxlugar I agree.

Didn't that lead singer name his son "Jagger".

He gets a few points for that, though.
12-04-01 10:03 AM
Cardinal Ximinez Yay for happy Motherfucker! I hope you put the boot in his ass as he flew out the door!

Creed? Puh-LEEEZ! Remember Hootie & the Blowfish? They were the biggest thing on the planet. Everyone was saying that they were the "next" big American band....yeah right. Where are they now? That's where Creed will be when their 15 minutes is over, and the next "next big thing" comes along.

I was at a party where some dimwit was trying very hard to explain to me why Metallica was the greatest band ever. He also took note of my Stones '89 tour T that I had on. His mistake was when he started in on why the Stones sucked compared to the great Metallica. I listened to his drivel for about 2 minutes. When he paused to take a breath, I put him in his place. Basically I told him that when Metallica has been together for 40 years he could talk. I told him that if Metallica and the Stones toured in the same year, the Stones would outsell, and outdraw Metallica, no contest. When the Stones tour, they are THE biggest draw on the planet, period. The Stones are the REAL deal, and Metallica is just a pretender to the throne. I finished my scolding with, "You know, normally I respect people's opinions when it comes to music, but since you are a Metallica fan, I can just dismiss you without another thought because you are obvoiously a knucklehead." He started to say something else, and I said, "Dude, I'm done talking to you about this. I don't give a shit what you think. You ARE the weakest link....goodbye."

So good job Happy MF. You did the right thing.
12-04-01 03:14 PM
The Eggman I have the same problems with some of my friends, i mean WHO THE FUCK ARE METALLICA?.. AND DO THEY STILL HAVE FANS?

yet they still keep getting new fans,WHY???
the Stones are the creations of all rock music!!!!
Fuck i thought Metallica had gone out with the Mullet...lol
12-07-01 10:18 AM
Cardinal Ximinez I don't really care that Metallica draws new fans...if those people wanna like Metallica, whatever, it's not my ears, you know what I mean? But what I don't like is when they get so cocky as to try to drub you for what YOU like.

For exapmle, the problem I had with the guy at the party that I mentioned up above. I was perfectly willing to stand there and let him blabber on about how great Metallica is. I thought it was kinda funny. But then he had to go and DENEGRATE what I like. Why the hell did he have to mention the Stones at all? It was like he was trying to rub my nose in something. Disrespectful.

In my opinion, everyone has a right to like whatever the hell they want to like. Metallica, Stones, Madonna, Bach, Yoko, whatever. But we shouldn't run people down for what they like. I can tell you why I don't like Metallica, but I wouldn't make fun of you for being their fan. Happy Mofo did the right thing because the guy was a rude asshole, not simply because he was a Metallica fan. I'd have tossed the guy out on his ear regarless of who he was a fan of. It's a matter of respect. The guy had no respect for Happy Mofo in Happy Mofo's own house! It seems for some reason that Metallica's fans are not very repectful of other's opinions. I make this judgement based on the fact that 3 different people have had similar problems with Metallica fans. Or maybe we just dealt with Metallica's only asshole fans as a coincidence. But I doubt that.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.