ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Howard Stern Return to archive
12-03-01 10:25 AM
Maxlugar Howard is at this second really digging itno Mick.

He told Baba Booey to bring in the new Mick album so they can go over it on the air.

Mick is toast.

The damage he is doing to himself and the Stones with this record is starting to worry me.

12-03-01 11:26 AM
sandrew So, did he play the songs and ridicule them? They're not THAT bad. You know, the media is really starting to piss me off. They're all so mindless and unoriginal and repetitive. Once the "954 copies" story broke, it spreak like wildfire, even though Goddess sold no worse than Jagger's last album. But all they need is a hook ... (I'll give Stern a pass, since he's an equal-opportunity basher and generally pretty funny.) But all this recent negative coverage is yet another confirmation of what we've known all along: journalists are a middling, low-paid bunch of semi-skilled hacks.
12-03-01 11:34 AM
Maxlugar No, he's gonna go over the album tomorrow.

ANd yes, he has been parroting the 954 sales ever since it broke.

He said he wanted to go over the album to she just how bad it is, so looks like Mick is dead tomorrow.

There is no way he's gonna play each track and say anything good about it.

It's friggin' sad that this is what its come to.

They were talking about how today there is gonna be a moment of silence for Geroge Harrison and he said there should be a moment of silence for Mick Jagger's new album.

12-03-01 11:37 AM
winter Howard Stern is a Jackass. If Mick was on Stern's show, he would suck up to Jagger, just like does with most of his celebrity guests.

I can hear the interview now, "So Mick, tell me what its like to sleep with all these hot young chicks, because god knows I could never get the girls you get." blah, blah, blah.

Hasn't his shtick become a bit tiresome yet.

12-03-01 11:53 AM
Joey Howard Stern is a genius . Let him rip on Mick .....Who cares ???? Mick Jagger is tough and can take the heat .

Jagger needs the Stones and they need him . Period .

12-03-01 12:04 PM
Cardinal Ximinez No, I don't think Howard's schtick is tired. He cracks me up at least 2 or 3 times a day. And I don't mind Howie digging his fingernails into Mick either. IMO, it's deserved. Besides, it's what Howard does. Sort of like Don Rickles, only funnier. Look at it like this, at least Howard is paying attention to Mick. He could be totally ignoring him. If Howard's on yer back, you must be doing something relevant, right?

If you think Howard's schtick is tired, change the station. That's why God made tuning knobs and buttons, so you can change the station whenever you want.

12-03-01 12:30 PM
Maxlugar Oh don't get me wrong, I love Howard.

But what I'm saying is this is now starting to become a running joke on the show. And that is much worse than being ignored. Wait until he gets a hold of that album. He's not just going to make fun of the songs. He's gonna tear Mick apart. It's very damaging. I fear this is going to become such a joke the Stones will be affected.
12-03-01 02:02 PM
sandrew Remember Keith's warning to Mick in the mid-80s, "Don't make a shit album"? I still maintain that Goddess is not "shit," but now I can appreciate why Keith has been lying so low lately; he knows where he wants to focus his energy and creativity.
12-03-01 03:38 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Mick made his bed, now he must sleep in it.

There are those good people here who like Goddess, or who think it's an acceptable effort. There's nothing wrong with your opinion. However, it's starting to seem that the vast majority of non-hardcore Stones fans(fans who would love a cd of the Stones pissing against a garage wall) thinks Goddess is some kind of lame joke. In other words, the only people buying this album are those people who buy most everything Stones related anyhow. People outside of the Stones fanbase seem to be unanimous in their dislike for the album.

So here's the deal. If you like the new Mick album, have at it. Enjoy. The people who are slagging on Mick's record shouldn't have any affect on you what-so-ever. Read what you wanna read, listen to what you wanna listen to. Let It Be.
12-03-01 04:17 PM
Joey Speaking of reading .......

I was at Borders Bookstore yesterday afternoon and I ran across a brand new hardcopy book about the Rolling Stones . It seemed to be well written as I perused over the " Mick Taylor " leaving part and the " Toronto Rehearsal " prior to the 1997 B2B Concert trek , complete with detailed analysis of Keith going nuts and grabbing Ronnie by the throat and 'throttling ' him at one point while high on just a " taste " of Heroin . Good read , but hearsay ...

Still , I have forgotten the name of it . Anyone else run across this and remember the title ??????

" Throttle Me Ronnie "

Joey , C10

12-03-01 04:21 PM
sandrew I'm guessing it's the new Stones biography, "Old Gods Almost Dead." It was a good read, stylishly written but riddled with factual errors.
12-03-01 06:21 PM
~AzQb

Fuck 'em all ; )
12-03-01 08:44 PM
Joey "Old Gods Almost Dead." It was a good read, stylishly written but riddled with factual errors. "

Yes !!!! That is it . It was a very good read , the parts I read anyway , but you are quite correct , I noticed many many factual errors .

Yet , the " Richards grabbing Wood by the throat " page was pretty hilarious . Hell , I wanted to do that myself two times during the No Security tour .

" Lose a shoe up my 1 /2 Irish Ass Ronnie "

Joey , C10

12-05-01 06:35 PM
lovelymocca [Well, whta did Howard Say?
12-06-01 07:40 AM
luxury1 HOward tried to hate the Mick CD, but instead he liked the first two tracks. He did say that Mick sucked on VH-1 and that nobody cares about Mick anymore--well I sure DO! But I still adore Howard as well.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.