ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming... Return to archive
12-17-03 04:03 AM
FotiniD So Rocks Off and watching Keith singing "Nearness" at the Olympia did the trick. I dreamt the Stones were playing in my hometown (yeah right) and I was somewhere mid-row. The guys were playing "Don't Stop" and the crowd was wild, I was in seventh heaven and as if all that wasn't enough, suddenly Keith tosses a pick right at me - it's my dream guys. I totally freeze cause I can't believe my luck and my best friend -thankfully- jumps up and catches the pick.

But it wasn't really a pick. That's where the crazy dreamy stuff starts happening. There were two small coins, English coins, and one 2-Euro coin with Keith's face on it - man, that'd be good. I tell you, it did look great And suddenly, boom, people start going away. I look at them thinking "what are they doing? are they out of their minds?". Keith starts his set, sings one song, notices most people are gone, unplugs and leaves the stage!!! NOOOOO! Ronnie and Charlie follow, the people left there start shouting and then we all leave the venue trying to find someone to explain what is going on and whether the show will go on.

Damn, and then I wake up. Now why did I tire you all with my dream? I don't know, I came straight to the office and I had to tell someone. It really had a terrifying feel to it, the Stones stopping a show mid-way, gosh... Well, it left me with withdrawal symptoms again, I miss the tour How long till the next one?!?!? (Yes, already!)
12-17-03 10:30 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Suffering a cold turkey Fotini? LOL I love the story
12-17-03 01:28 PM
Angiegirl Have a beer, and maybe your dream changes.
12-17-03 04:10 PM
Pattie
Keef threw a pick at me once! I yelled! HEY watch where you toss that thing jackass!!!!!! Later I realized I should've picked it up
12-17-03 04:12 PM
glencar You yelled? LOL
12-17-03 04:13 PM
Pattie
yep!
Boy was he surprised
12-17-03 04:14 PM
glencar I bet that never happened to him before or since!
12-17-03 04:18 PM
Pattie
He stared at me and then ran off, only to come back and flick another one at me after It's only Rock n Roll! jackass!!!!!!!!!
12-17-03 04:23 PM
glencar Did you pick that one up?
12-17-03 04:26 PM
Pattie
eh....yes. But not while he was watching. I'm too proud
12-17-03 04:30 PM
glencar You gave me a good laugh for today! Do you still have the pick?
12-17-03 04:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Pattie wrote:

eh....yes. But not while he was watching. I'm too proud

Too proud?!!? LOL. Even Mick wasn't too proud to kneel before Prince Chucky, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gottta do.
12-17-03 04:34 PM
Pattie
yes, atleast I think so, I got pissed off the last time I saw it, thinking about Keef's insensitivity and threw it over my shoulder some place whilst mumbling . But it should still be around somewhere.
glencar That's how people climb the corporate ladder, right?
glencar I was so close to getting a pick a few times but never managed to get one. Yes, I hope they tour again...