ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: To all Rocks Off posters Return to archive
12-14-03 07:52 PM
Steel Wheels Boy, amd I drunk. I wanted to thank you all. What a hoot this website is. You all know me as a die hard fantatic of the world's greatest greatest musical empire.

Tonight I'll dance to the Stones, sing to the Stones, and watch nothing but the Stones.

If anyone objects I'll delete you!

You see, good music is good for the soul. Good stones music is even better. Nothing like that bob and weave, that swagger, Charlie's rat-atat-tat to keep the ticker clicking. My feet thank my ears which thank my lucky stars that I have such fantastic musis to dance the night away with.

Here to my two happy feet, no matter how left they are!

Steel Wheels
aka. One Drunk Mutha'.
12-14-03 08:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You rock SW, you fucking rock!!! The only problem I don't drink on Sundays is the fuckinh hangover on Monday, but remember what the masters says

Keithfucius say

"He who stops drinking, gets a hangover"

oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
12-14-03 08:28 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
The only problem I don't drink on Sundays is the fuckinh hangover on Monday, ...

You're getting old Gerardo, even I drank beer today, in the afternoon, and I rarely drink! But a Stones fan gathering with a great cover band is enough reason to drink .
12-14-03 08:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
You're getting old Gerardo,

I love you Angibaby! I ain't gettin' old I'm old already
12-14-03 09:39 PM
Steel Wheels yeah! I love rock and roll, Keef's low slung guitar, dancing and prancing by Mick, Chralire, jesus christ Charlie is so good. Such a backbeat master. Ron, good old sober Ron. I can finally outdrink him.

My country tis of thee
Sweet land of liberty, of this I sing!
Land of the pilgrim's pride...

I have the right to dance around like a loon, drink ike a fish, and listent o Let It Bleed like it says to listen to it. This record should be played LOUD.

F'in right on! Jimmy Miller would cover his ears I have this so loud.

Red wine from Argentina, be damned if I go without a refreshed glass.

Anyone notice how good, how awesome 4 flicks is? I love Rocks off...Mick's subtle phrasing differences from the Exile version. Keef's interesting guitar work...clearing showing me that this band thinks and feels it's way through each song. It's not a paint by numbers clock in and clock out sort of thing.

The Stones conties to grow as artists. They are peaking right now, only to peak with each new show, recorded moment, each guitar lick...each swagger.

Knight them all. They are the Knights of Rock and Roll. John Lee Hooker is King, and the Stones are his Knights in Shining Rock and Roll.

You got to roll me, and call me the Tumblin' Dice!
It's a struggle to make ends meet!
I'm as hard as a brick and I hope I never go limp!
I'm standing on the corner, waiting for the bus to come!
I hear you talking on the stret, your mouth dont moove but I can hear ytou speek!

(guzzle guzzle)

You got too mooove, You got to moove,
You may be high child, you may be low....
But whent he lord get ready.....
You gott too move!

No one's neagativeity can bother me. I am my own Rolling Stones.

12-15-03 01:09 AM
glencar You are awesome. Have a coupla drinks on me!
12-15-03 01:58 AM
beer drink up, friend

12-15-03 04:42 PM
Factory Girl Hey, steel wheels, I wish I was partying with you!!
12-16-03 06:11 AM
JaggerLips Today I will be mostly drinking Jack because I have a wisdom tooth coming through and conventional paracetemol and asprin just don't cut it!

12-16-03 06:27 AM
Steel Wheels Ah, what a good time that was. I knocked over a chair with all of my dancing. Mick would have smiled.

12-16-03 02:43 PM
KurtWaldheim Mick Jagger stipped naked to the waist, face painted like a Babylonian whore, throwing kisses to those in the back of the stadium, on his knees whipping the stage with a rhinestone belt glittering in the stage lights, working the crowd into a frenzy. Keith Richards wearing a combination of his and his girlfriend's clothes, black shit smeared on his eyes, shark's tooth tangling from his ear, hunched over his guitar beside Charlie's drum kit grabbing chords in open G about two clicks out of tune, a bottle of Jack Daniels black label sitting on top the amps which are starting to give off a funny smell. Kids pressed up against the edge of the stage begging for more. Let it Rock!
12-16-03 07:19 PM
Steel Wheels Let it rock, indeed.