ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Christmas Present to Rocks Off... (NSC) Return to archive
12-13-03 10:58 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I'd like to give this board a Christmas present (or Channukah or Kwannza or STONES RULE YOU BASTARDS!!! Day present), but I need someone to host the file for me... it's of my band, and we perform two songs for you.

The first is "All Along The Watchtower", the second, just for jb, is "Live And Let Die". Both are from our recent live EP that we haven't officially released yet. "Watchtower"s pretty awesome - "Live And Let Die" has three big slipups (one not musical - I smack our second guitarist in the head as he comes up to sing backing vox... hence the uproarious laughter on the tape) but sounds pretty awesome otherwise...

I just figured we needed some proof that kickass r&r's still alive in the world today, being influenced by The Stones and all the other bands out there that really kicked ass. This's just the ticket. We really have a good time playing old-fashioned rock'n'roll and bringing it to our friends - like missionaries of good music. As a result, we turn heads, and slowly, rock'n'roll is coming back. We owe it all to the Stones and their peers, so I figured it'd be nice to give something to the community that's fostered my interest in them for so long.

So let me know if any of you can host it via the PM-thingy. The two files are around 9 MB total.

Thanks! Happy holidays to all!

-tSYX --- Allll alllonng the whhhachhhhtower...
12-15-03 12:08 AM
Prodigal Son Sounds cool. Yeah, I feel the same about music. I write songs, no one ever hears 'em but I like most of them. Rock can make a comeback if there's people like you or me out there and others to listen. Now, there's no real power it can weild these days compared to the era of 1954-70 (or to be more fair, 1954-1980, the last year before MTV ruined rock forever) but to be regarded in an underground popularity is more gratifying than being megastars because fame is the biggest bitch of all. Being very good at guitar and competent at drums, bass, percussion crap and piano, I'm looking for some kind of musical project in my near future.