ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sir Michael Header 12/13/03 Return to archive
12-13-03 10:00 AM
parmeda First, thank you Voo...for making this a header. It's a beautiful photo. "Kodak Moment" if you will...

Secondly, for anyone that has said Mick wouldn't take the knighthood seriously..."bite me". Just take a look at his face. Look at his family. Are they all not beaming? Do they not look proud? Take a good look at that photo again...pictures don't lie. And not one of them looks "posed". Nobody forced those smiles upon them...

And last, but not least...
Sir Stonesalot has always been my/our knight in shining armor here. He kinda pulls rank, lol!

Congratulations Mick!
12-13-03 01:06 PM
LadyJane Well said, Parmeda, well said!!

But when we start "Superblow, Part 5" do we have to now refer to the pics as Sir Jagglicious treats?? LOL

Congratulations Sir Michael and best wishes to your lovely family!!

LJ.
12-13-03 05:39 PM
Gazza Mick let it be known last week that he didnt want the ceremony broadcast (or presumably photographed).

Everyone who goes to the palace for an award has their "moment" filmed and given to them afterwards as a souvenir of their visit. Its their choice as to whether or not they give permission for it to be shown to the public.

Supposedly, according to "The Sun", Mick decided not to because he "didnt want Keith seeing it". Yeah, right.
12-13-03 05:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Supposedly, according to "The Sun", Mick decided not to because he "didnt want Keith seeing it". Yeah, right.

Well I dunno. That makes sense though. A kneeling Mick in front of Charles. I don't think that there's been a better "Stones Moment". ( since they "caught" Bill on top of Mandy Smith. LOL.)
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12-13-03 06:02 PM
Gazza Dont remember Bill being "caught" on top of anyone!
12-13-03 06:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Dont remember Bill being "caught" on top of anyone!

Well. One always gets "caught". That's the hell of it all. (Sorry, just preparing for my sermon tomorrow morning.)
12-14-03 01:08 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the header

Sir Michael with dad, Karis and Lizzie
Rex Features.
12-16-03 05:44 AM
JaggerLips Joe Jagger looks really proud, it's not often fathers and mothers are still alive when their sons and daughters recieve Knighthoods and given the title of Dame.

I am proud of SIR Mick he truly deserves that award, he has done a great service to the music industry of Britain.