ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Office Christmas Piss-Ups Return to archive
12-13-03 06:15 AM
Honky Tonk Man What does everyone think of these?

I went on mine yesterday. We went to this pub where smokers are treated like lepers and made to huddle together in this little corner. I had been to a couple of office christmas outtings in my last job, but i was amoungst some supposed respectable manger types today, so i was expectiing it to be fairoly dignified. Oh No! Balloons, crackers, paper hats, those horn things. Now im no scrooge, but there is no way im going to sit at a table in a paper hat.

There were some good points. No one wanted the white wine, so i got that to myself. But WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME who has to sit next to the most boring guy there, the guy who gets duller and duller with every glass. He DID see the Stones at Knebworth, but then he goes on to say that Black & Blue is their best album.... Nice guy though, Winston was his name.

The food was very good, i did fall over and i did almost punch my boss. Saying that though, im fucking glad i didn't!

Alex
12-13-03 06:39 AM
glencar I went to one of these things a couple of years ago. Luckily the cops came quickly. A couple of yahoos who work in my building thought that would be a good night to dress up in Confederate gear. The black guys in another party thought otherwise & fists and beer tankards went flying. I'm going to miss this year's party a bit.
12-13-03 07:42 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
What does everyone think of these?
Now im no scrooge, but there is no way im going to sit at a table in a paper hat.

I dunno. If one is drunk enough I suppose wearing a paper hat doesn't matter much. Plus it all depends, imo some paper hats are really classy.
12-13-03 09:25 AM
nankerphelge I think the key to a good Christmas party is to arrive late and leave early.

By arriving a little late, all the Christmas time busy-bodies are all done wetting themselves about everyone being all Christmassy and the crowd at the bar has broken up a bit.

You can get your drinks quick and down them.
You can molest the food table.
You can look around and see who is gonna be face-down in the toilet within a few minutes.
And you can take bets on who is gonna hook up.

Then you can git ahold of all the cool folk and set out for a good bar before all the busy-bodies are snapping pictures of everyone for the company newsletter.

12-13-03 05:53 PM
Gazza Office Christmas parties in the Civil Service have been ruined so much in the last few years by absurd regulations of political correctness that hardly anyone I know bothers to go to them anymore.

In their infinite wisdom, theyve decided that social events are an extension of the workplace so if you have a skinful and call someone a "c**t", its treated as if youre at work and you can get disciplined for it.

Mine was yesterday. It was pretty tame!
12-13-03 06:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Office Christmas parties in the Civil Service have been ruined so much in the last few years by absurd regulations of political correctness that hardly anyone I know bothers to go to them anymore.

I can believe it. Gimme a paper hat. I'd rather wear a paper hat than worship at THAT bitter altar.
12-13-03 06:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Here in the States you aren't supposed to use the creches. It is so out of hand. The ACLU, who I normally support, are rabid "anti-christs" at Christmas...oh...x-mas. Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12-13-03 07:26 PM
SHINE A LIGHT yeah, same thing where i live....it MUST be called the "holiday season", so as not to offend anyone. i'm fed up to here with this politically correct stuff. bring on bill mahar ( excuse if that's spelled incorrectly, it's been so long since i've seen his show i forget his name!!)
12-13-03 07:57 PM
glencar It's "Maher" and he's gotten pretty dull. Anyways, this whole "Happy Holidays" crap is stoopit. I just respond "Merry Christmas" if I deign to respond at all.
12-13-03 08:39 PM
SHINE A LIGHT thank for bill's correct last name...maher??!!. isn't he off the air, banned from the kingdom, exiled...oh wait, that's me!
12-13-03 08:42 PM
glencar He's got a somewhat tedious show on HBO but only for a few weeks in the summer.
12-13-03 09:17 PM
Gazza >yeah, same thing where i live....it MUST be called the "holiday season", so as not to offend anyone. i'm fed up to here with this politically correct stuff.

me too. The labour government are SOO00 hypersensitive about this shit that a lot of their ministers and councillors are sending out Christmas cards - without the word "Christmas" being mentioned in case it offends someone. The thing is - minorities DONT get offended by it. These "thought police" fuckwits just DECIDE that they WILL.

(A prison officer got fired last week in England for making a mildly derogatory remark about....Osama Bin Laden. The reason for his dismissal was that on the day of the "offence" there were some Asian born visitors in the prison on an official basis and the logic was that they "could have been offended by it". However, the remark was made out of their earshot, none of them heard it and none of them complained (as they'd known nothing about it in the first place). No one even ASKED them if such a remark WOULD have offended them HAD they heard it) Plus...it was Osama Bin laden for fuck's sake...arent we SUPPOSED to dislike him?)

If you wanna know why I cant stand what Blair's shower are doing to this country, that lunacy sums it up in a nutshell.

The lunatics really HAVE taken over the asylum....
12-13-03 09:36 PM
glencar That's also happening in Ireland & has been the way here in the US for decades. It's a sad way to handle multi-culti societies but it's hard to stop.
12-14-03 06:26 AM
Honky Tonk Man I agree Gazza.Political correctness has gone way too far, especialy in places like the Civil Service.

I started my first job at the Passport Office two days before Sept 11th. I remember making a comment a day after the tradegy, when someone over heard and reported me for been racist! I can't evan remember what the comment was, someone like "Your from Afganastan? Oh God really?" The person was joking with me anyway!

Alex
12-14-03 12:25 PM
luxury1 well, I sorta went to my office party last night (bunch of teachers went to a dance club after the dinner soiree). I arrived late, drunk, and almost fell down numerous times on the dance floor. I did mange to keep my big mouth shut however--thank god. let's hope no one was watching me too closely on the dance floor, and I will be able to hold my head up in school this week.
12-14-03 01:30 PM
Factory Girl My office party required a $15 contribution. No "adult" drinks were permitted. I did not go.

Btw, same day my car radiator blew up and I spent the day with my mechanic.

What a drag it is getting blown up!
12-15-03 05:53 AM
Zeeta I boycotted mine as tuxedo was compulsory!

What a load of turd!
12-15-03 07:16 AM
Honky Tonk Man Im actually off work today. I don't fancy the idea of seeing my bosses again after last Friday!

Alex
12-15-03 11:43 AM
telecaster I bet jb's office party is a blast

But I think he is having a little "office party" everyday
12-15-03 11:49 AM
glencar Is that thing about the hot Eyetalian secretary serious?
12-15-03 04:40 PM
Factory Girl I'm jb's lust is very serious.
12-15-03 05:17 PM
glencar I dunno, he's been quiet about it lately.
12-15-03 06:56 PM
LadyJane We had our little party today. Fucking Bastards I work for didn't even wish us a Merry Christmas. I say take the money you spend on this nonsense and give us a Xmas bonus.

Ranting....me? Well...I guess a little.

BAH-HUMBUG to the management of my Department.

LJ.

12-16-03 03:15 AM
MarthaMyDear I'm self-employed so I don't have to deal with that... HE!!!
HE!!! And, I like that!!! lol.............. I get big bonuses,
USUALLY, but this year I got really nice gifts for all of my
clients... Fuckers... Better be grateful or I'll shoot them!!!
lol.......... Just teasing... Maybe... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I just
look forward to having the DAY OFF and the weekend off after
that and havin' some FUN, and shit... Just kickin' it!!!
Anyways, ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***