ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones didn't win an award at the VH1 Big "Shit" awards (Figures...) Return to archive
12-15-02 11:36 PM
Boomhauer I just went to the VH1 site and saw that Bon Jovi won best cameo in a TV series. He was in Ally "Look at me I need a fuckin' hamburger with a side of fried chicken skins to get me up to 55 pounds" McBeal. I think that if Callista Flockhart got a bear hug from someone she would break in half like a tiny twig. She needs to hit a buffet somewhere, and fast.

The Stones were in the category for Mick and Keith's guest appearances on "The Simpsons".

A couple of side notes:

- Dave Matthews won Best Live Show of 2002 (the Stones were not in the category)

- Paul McCartney won an award for rock legend who had a great 2002, or something like that.
12-16-02 09:59 AM
jb Boohhauer, I said this would happen a month ago..a real disgrace.
12-16-02 10:08 AM
Sir Stonesalot My question to you guys is...why do we care what VH1 thinks? IMO, VH1 is completely irrelevant. Same with MTV or Rolling Stone. They have very little to do with rock music anymore. So they just don't matter.

I've always lived my life not caring what people think of me, or my actions. I do what I am comfortable with. I like the Stones, and I really don't care if anyone else does or not.
12-16-02 10:13 AM
jb Welcome back SS..people were wondering what happened to you. The reason I care, is b/c I am constantly having to argue with people who claim the Beatles, Zepplin, AeroSmith, etc are much better than the Stones...they point to record sales, air play and other media exposure to back this up..As a Stones fanatic, it hurts me deeply to see their legacy constantly diminished and or challenged when we all know how much they have contributed to our lives.
[Edited by jb]
12-16-02 12:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK, JB, I'm gonna help you out. Here's what you should do next time someone starts that conversation with you.

Snort derisively, give them that "you are a stupid worthless fuck" look, whip it out, and piss on their shoes. Then say, "The Stones piss anywhere man!". Walk away swaggering.

I promise, you'll never have "that" conversation again.
12-16-02 01:52 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems Apparently, O'Relly is at war with VH1 because instead of showing good music, they take prison bands composed of murders and child molesters and give them a chance at fame on some "Music from Prison" program. I have deleted VH1 from my TV simply because of this.

No one knows why VH1 hates the Stones. Even when Satisfaction got the #1 rock song of all time vote, the host began the announcement by saying how the Beatles were the best ever and had the best album etc...and THEN he announced #1.

The Stones do not fit into popular young music culture that generates the most money...thus the Stones are never mentioned on MTV or VH1. This says that is reality, it has nothing to do with what the music sounds like, only how many dollars or viewers can be won. They have sold the "soul" of music for greed.
12-16-02 02:16 PM
jb That show last night was, perhaps, the worst thing i ever saw on VH1...To have Bon Jovi do a medley of their hits, took the cake...Atleast Macca was short and quick....