ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jim Dickinson (ssc) Return to archive
12-15-02 01:10 AM
Nasty Habits Just have to say that the new Jim Dickinson rerelease of his album Dixie Fried is one of the most amazing records of all time. Jerry Wexler declared upon its release "If Bob Dylan had made this album they would have declared him the living Christ." Fantastic hyperbole, there, Jerry, but totally true. This is one for the ages. Actually, Dylan did kinda make this record -- called it Love and Theft. All old style balladry updated for a modern sick society, Jim Dickinson's Dixie Fried is out on the Sepia Tone Label and those capable of hearing it should -- It totally KILLS. Jim Dickinson, Memphis legend, played piano on Wild Horses and proceded to record this astonishing record, which includes a terrifying version of "John Brown", along with amazing numbers like "Oh How She Dances", and a version of Furry Lewis's "Casey Jones" that fully has the ability to make you cry - White boy blues like you think only the Stones can make but it turns out Jim Dickinson can make it too.

Was at a party tonight, and eventually became in charge of the DJ'ing, and before I headed down into the basement to smoke a cigarette, put on Let It Bleed, album and title track. By the time I got down into the basement, people were talking about their favorite Stones album, and everyone was talking about how Exile changed their life. I go to cool parties. Anyway, this one girl was talking about how she had a friend who had a Sticky Fingers shirt where the zipper unzipped over the nipple. True or not, this image of a nipple extending through the guy's crotch REALLY GOT ME, if you know what I mean, in a Kink-y way. Anyway, this other woman, older, talked about how Let It Bleed got her expelled from high school in the early 70s, because its solid raunch made it possible for her to rebel against her school, organize a massive party that caused everybody to skip school the Monday following said even, and cause he entire school to go into assembly so the principal could ostracize the "nucleus" of the organizers of the EVIL festivity. Her name came up second. She said it totally had to do with Midnight Rambler.

I LIVE FOR THIS SORT OF REVELATION.

By the way -- indicitive of the sick society we live in - while I was smokin' in the basement - Some Girl got up, took off Let It Bleed in the middle of You Got The Silver and put on the Cranberries, saying it was better than what was playing, much to the concern of the WTF'ers in the basement as well as (apparently) the people upstairs, who forced her to put the Stones back on! All proving that although Jah not so wonderful, he is not dead!

If you have any stories of getting expelled from school because of the Rolling Stones, please post them here, because they will make me happy.

Meanwhile, I, fairly (shit, totally) loaded and cheery, am going to go try to Lothariaze my very canny baby. Wish me luck.

I'll see you in the morning and let you know how it worked out, but was in the mood to share.

Have a good evening and an even better tomorrow!

Each and every one of my sock monkeys love you!

Nasty Habits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
12-15-02 08:10 PM
Gazza >Anyway, this one girl was talking about how she had a friend who had a Sticky Fingers shirt where the zipper unzipped over the nipple.

I had that one!!! In fact, maybe I still do..bought it in Carnaby Street in London in the early 80's...It was black with the logo in red,and I think there as another zip around the ribs area too. I think I actually caught my nipple in it one time..wasnt very pleasant, but I believe some people would be into that kinda of thing...I suppose in retrospect its a T-shirt that WOULD look more interesting on a girl!

thanks for the tip on the Jim Dickinson album - I'll be lookin' for that one..
12-15-02 08:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey, if we are throwing album recommendations around....

Elvis Costello-When I Was Cruel.

Great stuff. Get it, then thank me here, in a public forum, so the world can see my greatness.
12-15-02 08:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh, and the other thing.....

It always comes back to Midnight Rambler....it's the answer to ALL questions.