ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Allman Brothers Band studio album with a RS cover Return to archive
12-14-02 08:05 PM
CS The album, for which the group is still trying to find a title, will include covers of the Rolling Stones' "Heart of Stone" and Freddie King's "Woman Across the River."

Click here for more
12-15-02 12:40 PM
Martha Thanks for alerting me to this info CS.

We saw the Allman Brothers a couple of summers ago with Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes in tow and let me tell you those two guitarists..."cooked"..they were incredible...and we had lawn seats (took kids along)...and my Hubby and I still got blown away.

Can't wait to hear this new effort.

Thanks!
12-15-02 01:17 PM
Street Fighting Man Unfortunately, the Allman Brothers without Dickie Betts is akin to the Stones without Keith Richards - technically possible, but the music is missing the heart & soul. Not to take anything away from Warren Haynes + Derrick Trucks abilities to play guitar.
12-15-02 04:27 PM
MRD8 The Allmans don't miss Dicky much...he was fucked up beyond playing most nights towards the end anyway! Keith always knew where the line was on tour...but Dicky didn't...I ghave a bootleg video from the Beacon Theater this past March where the band plays Heart Of Stone...it is a KILLER version! Gregg's voice is perfectly suited for it...Wayne and Derek are fantastic...Dicky had his day though...hope he straightens out at some point, maybe they'll let him come back!
12-16-02 02:32 PM
Street Fighting Man No doubt Dickie Betts has had his problems, but without him in the lineup the Allman Brothers music is just not the same. It's a bit hard to decribe (i.e., melody, fluidity of the music, etc.), but it makes the difference between a solid band vs. legendary band.

You can't even begin to image how exhausted this topic is at the Allman Brothers site.
12-16-02 06:29 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! The question shouldn't be "If they would let him come back" it should be " If Dickey will have them back". I've seen the Allmans many times and it is just not the same band without Dickey. Warren and Derrick are great players for sure, but Dickey was the heart and soul of the band. He is what gave them that trademark twangy country-rock sound. As far as him being fucked up and not playing, Greg has no room to talk. He may not be jacked up like he use to be, but most of the time he just menders around and doesn't put much energy into his playing these days. Ticket sales have really gone down since Dickey's dismiss. They should really do their selves and their fans a favor and beg for Dickey to come back if it's not already to late.