ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: dutch question Return to archive
12-14-02 04:55 AM
muddy What does this mean?
FOUT: Er zijn onvoldoende vrije plaatsen beschikbaar.

Thank you
12-14-02 05:01 AM
fmk438j All I know is a struappe-waffle is an apple thing you buy from dutch vending machines.
12-14-02 05:09 AM
F505 FOUT: Er zijn onvoldoende vrije plaatsen beschikbaar.

Muddy it means:

ERROR: there are not enough free seats available.
[Edited by F505]
12-14-02 05:10 AM
F505 FMK I think you mean a "stroopwafel" = a treacle wafer
12-14-02 05:18 AM
fmk438j
quote:
F505 wrote:
FMK I think you mean a "stroopwafel" = a treacle wafer

Ahh, excellent.

I hear they are good.

"These delicious Caramel Cookie Waffles (called Stroopwafels by the Dutch) with richly filled chewy centers are one of Holland's true specialties.
The history of the Stroopwafel goes back until 1784. A baker from Gouda baked a waffle of old crumbs and spices and filled this waffle with syrup. The Stroopwafel was born. In fact the Stroopwafel was a rest product. And therefor a popular pastry among the poor.
During 1784 the Stroopwafel was only known in Gouda. Nowadays every bakery in Gouda has its own recipe."

"Did you know.... that every Dutchman eats about 20 Stroopwafels a year!"

http://www.hollandbymail.com/stroopwafelshop/

[Edited by fmk438j]
12-14-02 06:23 AM
Moonisup 20?????????

my god, I don't even like 1!!!
12-14-02 07:56 AM
F505 when i'm very hungry 20 a day
12-14-02 11:10 AM
Highwire Rob I must say that Stroopwafels look and sound tasty!

Gouda was mentioned in the earlier post, so I want to compliment the Dutch for their Gouda cheese -- my favorite; it's just delicious.

Gouda cheese, sourdough bread, white or Zinfindel wine, and listening to Stones music with friends. Now that's a party!

--Rob.
(Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.)
[Edited by Highwire Rob]