ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey, you get off of my Claret! Return to archive
12-14-02 01:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey, you get off of my Claret!
Dec 13 2002
By Robert Dex, South London Press

VINTAGE rocker Sir Mick Jagger has been told to find a new home for his posh wine collection - or risk it being turned into vinegar.

The shocked Rolling Stones frontman was told the cellar housing his collection was closing down after being hit by a �1.9million demand for unpaid duty.

Arrangements are now under way to move Sir Mick's bottles - which were bought as an investment 10 years ago - before the January deadline.

The rocker is one of more than 600 customers who use the massive 93,000 sq ft Trapps Cellars, by London Bridge, to store their wine.

But things turned sour for the firm in August when customs officers swooped on the Tooley Street cellars.

They removed paperwork and computers and then hit the firm with the bill.

Trapps managing director John Davis said the whacking tax bill was forcing him to close the cellar doors next January after 20 years at London Bridge.

He explained that environmental regulations meant he could not pour the wine away if customers fail to pick it up on time.

He added: "We can't just pour it down the drain so we have to send it to Sarson's, which will make vinegar out of it.

"Mick Jagger laid down some vintage port and claret as an investment for his children 10 years ago.

"Buying the wine was a very good investment several years ago, although recently prices have gone up so much it can be a very expensive business to get into."

Office manager Kevin Spicer added: "We've had a reply from Mick Jagger's secretary and arrangements are being made to move his wine."

A spokesman for the Rolling Stones said Mick was unavailable to comment when we tried to contact him this week.

She added: "He's just finished a busy tour and he's spending his Christmas holiday with his family in Mustique."

Do you know where Keith will be for Christmas? I know!
12-14-02 01:38 AM
parmeda Mick's in Mustique?
Hmmm....I wonder if he's outling strict orders to the staff about our possible future visit?
12-14-02 01:38 PM
Monkey Woman Please tell us, where will Keith be for the holidays?
I bet on Connecticut, at home with Patti and the kids.
12-14-02 02:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No, not there
12-14-02 08:12 PM
Monkey Woman Aha! So, where is Keith, then? In a studio maybe, working on the new album?
Please, Lord, make this wish of mine true!!!
12-14-02 08:30 PM
parmeda Is he in your neck-of-the-woods Voo?