ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Sonic Reducer Return to archive
12-13-02 01:38 PM
sasca (sonicrock is vocalist and guitarist with the Sonic Reducer.)

Thanks, sonicrock, the e.p. arrived today and it is excellent. A brief review for the rest of you:

The e.p. consists of four songs - 'The Green Bitch'; 'The Cherokees'; 'Losing My Mind'; and 'Charlie was a Good Boy.'

The instruments grind and heave like the Stooges' as sonicrock sings in a weary-energetic, elegant-impassioned voice and 'The Green Bitch' and 'Losing my Mind' pass through hammered piano-notes and apparent improvisation to wonderfully inevitable refrains which have me grinning like Brian Jones. 'The Cherokees' and 'Charlie', meanwhile, are catchy, up-tempo rockers, pop songs which have wandered into a bad neighbourhood and like what they find.
As I like what I find. And so would you.
So find them.
[Edited by sasca]
[Edited by sasca]
12-13-02 02:04 PM
Maxlugar Well I'm not so sure about all that....

But ponder this:

Who would you consider to be more important to the Stones sound?

I would argue Mick.

NOW NOW NOW!!! HOLD ON!!! Don't get all crazy. Hear me out...

If Keith were to die or quit or something and you put Ronnie on Rhythm and brought back Mick Taylor for lead, I bet you could fool just about all of us with a live recording of them playing.

If you took Mick out....

Well, no one can sound like him.

Anyone else have any comments on this little theory?

I wonder.

Duck Feet McGee!
12-13-02 02:13 PM
sasca Brian is the most important.
12-13-02 02:20 PM
Maxlugar Not true.

As anyone will agree, the Stones classic sound ('68 - '72 then again briefly in '86) had nothing to do with him.

But I know you were just joking.
12-13-02 02:48 PM
sasca Hmm. I don't like terms like 'classic sound'. The Stones had many great 'sounds'. I love the raw r'n'b of the first album or the colourful experiments of 'Aftermath' and 'Between the Buttons'. And Brian had quite a bit to do with the sound of '68.
But I do agree that Mick is very underrated. I've thought of making a t-shirt of Mick with the legend 'Who the Fuck is Keith Richards?'. Or one with Brian with 'Who the fuck are the Glimmer Twins'.
But I like them all, so I won't.

Anyway, this is supposed to be about the Sonic Reducer. Those songs are superb.
12-13-02 03:37 PM
Maxlugar Well yes you are right about the early Stones.

12-13-02 06:42 PM
gypsy I think the band couldn't go on without Charlie. They could always replace Mick with Bob Plant. <---Yep, read that on the Brian Jones board a few weeks ago--BOB Plant. That's even better than STEVE Tyler.
12-13-02 07:12 PM
sonicrock well thanks again sasca and keep that ep, will be collector soon, as only few copy left,,,,maybe could sell it to my son one day, thanks for the review, will keep that one on the sonic press book, you r right about improvisation it s what all about, live with improvisation as days, goes by.
sonicrock
12-13-02 11:04 PM
Maxlugar Oh please! You all couldn't tell Mick Fleetwood from Charlie Watts if your mothers clit depended on it.

You heard me!
12-14-02 12:05 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Oh please! You all couldn't tell Mick Fleetwood from Charlie Watts if your mothers clit depended on it.

You heard me!

You're drunk.

My mother's clit and your prostate both have nothing to do with the fact that I could tell Mick Fleetwood's honky handed beatnikisms from the sublime swing of Our Charlie Boy if my head was bust open because sirmoonie had just run me over with his SUV.

D'ya think he'd put ME out of MY misery?

Somebody should.

12-14-02 12:12 AM
Maxlugar Well thiank God you got here.

Spellme trait Na-sty!

Oui!

Macksee!!!
12-14-02 12:17 AM
Nasty Habits I Peter Quaiff my high life in your general direction.

12-14-02 12:18 AM
stonedinaustralia max - what the hell time is it in long island right now - sounds like you've been enjoying yourself quite a bit...

12-14-02 12:35 AM
Maxlugar Fun quaiff make maxy peter sellers!

Subterranean tavern make it cool via nas-stay hay-bits cuntry cool shit stain fucker!!

Ya know!?

Maxkir!!
12-14-02 12:38 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Fun quaiff make maxy peter sellers!

Subterranean tavern make it cool via nas-stay hay-bits cuntry cool shit stain fucker!!

Ya know!?

Maxkir!!

You Mussed Up Hillbilly!

Whatcha got on?

Me, I'm diggin Gino Washington.

Everything is Di-Jo-Be!
12-14-02 10:58 AM
Maxlugar I'm pretty sure, not positive, but pretty sure, that someone found my ID and password and started posting as me last night.

To make me look bad.

It didn't work!

I love it!

See you all tonight.

Oh by the way, Rose Royce played at my weddng. well, their CD did. The Car Wash played as we entered. We met at a car wash. Isn't that cute!?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaxy!
[Edited by Maxlugar]
12-14-02 02:59 PM
gypsy Please tell me that it was a topless car wash.
12-14-02 03:37 PM
Maxlugar Hi Gypsy!

No. I wish!

We just happened to be next to each other in line.

I can be quite charming. And oh so demure.

When I wants to be......

Right?

[Edited by Maxlugar]
12-14-02 03:53 PM
Joey " I can be quite charming. And oh so demure.

When I wants to be......"

When I want " Pet Like Demeanor " , I will call for my I. P.S. ( Inflatable Party Sheep ).

When I want vitriolic , astringent , caustic , acerbic , pugnacious behavior ........................I want my Maxy !!!!!!!!

And now , THIS :

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JO JO JO JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JO JO JO JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JO JO JO JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JO JO JO
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JO JO JO JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JO JO JO
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JO JO JO JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JO JO JOESKEE

{{{{{{{{{{{{{THE JOESKEE }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}