ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan wants to stop the release of new film Return to archive
14th December 2006 08:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
Bob Dylan wants to stop the release of new film 'Factory Girl' because he believes it falsely implies he is responsible for Edie Sedgwick's suicide.

Movie & Entertainment News provided by bangshowbiz.biz
2006-12-14 13:32:11 -

The music legend has written to producers Bob Yari and Holly Wiersma, and screenwriter Aaron Richard Golub, demanding the movie - a biopic about artist Andy Warhol's young muse - is shelved until it has been determined whether or not he is defamed in the film.

Sedgwick, played by Sienna Miller, was Warhol's biggest protégé until she became addicted to drugs and killed herself by overdosing on barbiturates in 1971.

While living at New York's Chelsea Hotel she befriended Dylan and the pair are rumoured to have had a relationship.
Dylan's lawyer, Orin Snyder, has said the original screenplay portrayed the alleged relationship using Dylan's name, and suggested he dumped Sedgwick - causing "her tragic decline into heroin addiction and eventual suicide."

The name has now been changed to 'Danny Quinn' in the film and the character, played by Hayden Christensen, is said to be a combination of Dylan, the late Doors frontman Jim Morrison and Sir Mick Jagger.

But Snyder insists critics who have previewed the film say it is unmistakably Dylan.

A trailer shows Quinn wearing Dylan's trademark harmonica brace and cap as he performs.

According to the New York Post newspaper, Snyder warned: "You appear to be labouring under the misunderstanding that merely changing the name of a character or making him a purported fictional composite will immunize you from a suit. That is not so. Even though Mr. Dylan's name is not used, the portrayal remains both defamatory and a violation of Mr. Dylan's right of publicity.

"Until we are given an opportunity to view the film, we hereby demand that all distribution and screenings immediately be ceased." The Weinstein Company, which is releasing the film on December 27, has so far declined to comment.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
14th December 2006 08:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man I don't know what Bob is worrying about to be honest. If Sienna Miller is in it its not worth seeing anyway.
14th December 2006 09:22 AM
glencar Zackly, man! Straight to basic cable...
14th December 2006 12:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I don't know what Bob is worrying about to be honest. If Sienna Miller is in it its not worth seeing anyway.

Maybe he has a guilty conscience for whatever reason. It seems to me he's overreacting a bit.
14th December 2006 12:24 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Maybe he has a guilty conscience for whatever reason. It seems to me he's overreacting a bit.

I just think its the usual story of a celebrity not being asked for permission and reacting as result.
14th December 2006 03:12 PM
Martha Bob hates to be fucked with by anyone. I understand that completely.

"Here is your throat back, Thanks for the loan."
14th December 2006 06:27 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Martha wrote:
Bob hates to be fucked with by anyone. I understand that completely.

"Here is your throat back, Thanks for the loan."

Very true. Don't upset Bob.

"Can you believe this? I'm getting the crap beat out of me by Bob Dylan!"
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)