ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: We live in a s sick society (nsc) Return to archive
12th December 2006 07:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels James Blunt: Five Grammy Award Nominations
Jazz News Service
Dec 12, 2006

It has been a tremendous 2006 for Custard/Atlantic recording artist James Blunt, from the breakthrough success of his RIAA double-platinum debut, "Back To Bedlam", and his first U.S. #1 single with "You're Beautiful", to an array of international honors and sold-out concerts around the world.

Last week saw the British singer/songwriter capping off the year by landing a remarkable five nominations for the 49th Annual Grammy Awards. "You're Beautiful" scored nods in the top two categories, "Song of the Year" and "Record of the Year", as well as for "Best Pop Vocal Performance." Blunt also was nominated for "Best Pop Vocal Album" (for "Back To Bedlam"), and in the prestigious "Best New Artist" category.

Perhaps Blunt's proudest accomplishment, however, has been his work throughout the year raising funds for Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières, the international medical humanitarian organization. As of this writing, Blunt has raised an extraordinary $205, 000 for DWB/MSF, whose life-saving work he first encountered while stationed with the British army in Kosovo, where he served as a reconnaissance officer with the NATO peacekeeping force. One of his most powerful songs, "No Bravery", was written in response to the genocide he had witnessed while in Kosovo.

The "Back To Bedlam World Tour" allowed Blunt the unique opportunity to both increase awareness and generate much-needed monies for Doctors Without Borders/MSF. Beginning with this past spring's headline tour, a personal, one-on-one aftershow meet-and-greet with James was auctioned after each and every show -- one recent auction earned $8600 in a single night. In November, Blunt played a sold-out DWB/MSF benefit concert at Los Angeles' House of Blues, a high point of a seven-week, 35-city itinerary.

"Back To Bedlam" recently celebrated its one-year anniversary on the Billboard 200 album chart. Certified double platinum by the RIAA, it is one of the top five best-selling albums of 2006 and includes the singles, "You're Beautiful", "High", and the current hit, "Goodbye My Lover." "Back To Bedlam" has sold ten million units worldwide.
12th December 2006 08:34 PM
Honky Tonk Man I'm glad you Yanks like him. He's YOURE'S NOW!

Bye, bye, Blunt
12th December 2006 09:26 PM
Prodigal Son Grammys, shmammys. You know, Christopher Cross was the big winner in 1980. Anyone care about him anymore? Blunt is Britain's modern day Christopher Cross... or Air Supply (Aussies I realize). He takes hypersensetivity to new, godawful heights that would make James Taylor sit up and say "Damn, what a pussy!" or have John Denver's corpse rise from the ocean and say "Holy shit, that guy is a total whiney bastard!" Grammys mean nothing-it's a showbiz event not intended to promote music that will last.

That part always seems to be missing from that Academy of recording arts and sciences dweeb speech every year. If I were nominated for a grammy, i'd go just once just for the hell of it, to meet people, etc. and the rest of the time send in a video clip performance ala Dylan. Oh and if I was there and won, I'd go do my acceptance speech and give a list of all the great albums and/or artists who never got a grammy they deserved. That would make their producers very delighted I'm sure!
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
12th December 2006 10:03 PM
sweetcharmedlife The most godawful singing voice I have ever heard. Makes my skin crawl.
12th December 2006 10:42 PM
Riffhard I thought this thread was titled "We Live In Sick Sobriety". My bad. Carry on.

Riffy
13th December 2006 11:22 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I thought this thread was titled "We Live In Sick Sobriety".

Well that's easily cured.
13th December 2006 11:24 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I'm glad you Yanks like him. He's YOURE'S NOW!

Bye, bye, Blunt

What do you mean? He's not coming here to live, is he?
But cheer up, Gary Glitter will be returning home soon.
13th December 2006 01:23 PM
Michael K Reading about this James Blunt character reminds me of my favorite quote of recent years. This one from the legendary Paul Weller: "I'd rather eat my own shit than duet with James Blunt". Still makes me laugh out loud.

full story:

<
Organisers for the Brit Awards were apparently hoping that the pair would sing a duet on the big night, however an angry Weller has insisted that he won't be joining forces with the *You're Beautiful* singer.

"I'd rather eat my own shit than duet with James Blunt," the former Jam frontman told *The Mirror*.>>
13th December 2006 01:43 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Michael K wrote:
Reading about this James Blunt character reminds me of my favorite quote of recent years. This one from the legendary Paul Weller: "I'd rather eat my own shit than duet with James Blunt". Still makes me laugh out loud.

full story:

<
Organisers for the Brit Awards were apparently hoping that the pair would sing a duet on the big night, however an angry Weller has insisted that he won't be joining forces with the *You're Beautiful* singer.

"I'd rather eat my own shit than duet with James Blunt," the former Jam frontman told *The Mirror*.>>

I love that guy! Hey Bucky, did you ever see Odyssey 5?? Great series on Showtime, I was pissed when it was cancelled.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7042436&style=movie&cart=444862801&BAB=E
13th December 2006 01:43 PM
jostorm ...he's known as James Cunt in our household...
13th December 2006 02:00 PM
Martha Who? Never heard of him. No, I'm not joking.
13th December 2006 02:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

What do you mean? He's not coming here to live, is he?
But cheer up, Gary Glitter will be returning home soon.

Not for fuckin' long, hopefully!
13th December 2006 02:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Not for fuckin' long, hopefully!

I think the British police have a very special homecomimg celebration planned for him.
14th December 2006 01:26 AM
glencar
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I love that guy! Hey Bucky, did you ever see Odyssey 5?? Great series on Showtime, I was pissed when it was cancelled.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7042436&style=movie&cart=444862801&BAB=E

That's Peter Weller in yer picture. Paul Weller was in the Jam.
14th December 2006 03:21 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Martha wrote:
Who? Never heard of him. No, I'm not joking.

James Blunt is a weasel faced ex-army major short-arse who wormed his way into the UK's affections via sugary coated crap. It beggars belief as to what people find appealing in the shite he produces. His “music” is bland and inoffensive to the extreme. It’s acoustic based guitar music for idiots who can’t be bothered to take music seriously.
14th December 2006 05:58 AM
Jumacfly this guy makes me shit liquid.
If any of you got sicilian friends, it s time to call them!
14th December 2006 06:00 AM
egon
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

ROBOCOP!
14th December 2006 06:53 AM
Honky Tonk Man Here is the weasal in action.

14th December 2006 09:06 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's Peter Weller in yer picture. Paul Weller was in the Jam.

14th December 2006 09:17 AM
Joey " I love that guy! Hey Bucky, did you ever see Odyssey 5?? Great series on Showtime, I was pissed when it was cancelled. "

Tampa .................................

Please ................. PLEASE .............. Do not tell anyone ..... Let us keep this JUST between ourselves ........ But you are RAPIDLY becoming one of my favorite posters around here .

I have got my eye on you .

Joey

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)