ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Made In The Shade question Return to archive
12th December 2006 01:25 AM
lbb87 Is there any difference between the Made In The Shade digipak and the jewel case? I see that one is $4 less than the other. I was wondering if one had more pictures/info then the other?
12th December 2006 07:30 AM
egon if i'm correct one is dsd remixed & the other is SACD

12th December 2006 03:53 PM
lbb87 I must be getting old. What does that mean?

I've looked at several websites that sell the CDs but they don't tell the difference between them other than one is a digipak. Amazon.com doesn't even say that one is a digipak, unless I'm not looking in the correct place.
12th December 2006 03:55 PM
mrhipfl Just buy both of them. That's what the stones would want you to do.
12th December 2006 05:02 PM
Saint Sway its inclusion of "Dance Little Sister" makes Made In The Shade the only comprehensive and necessary greatest hits compilation.

without "Dance Little Sister", all the other 'best of' CDs are meaningless

the enthusiastic European fans understand this and will be treated to Dance Little Sister on the b-stage in 2007

bet on it!

my word is as solid as a Charlie cymbol crash
13th December 2006 02:44 PM
Paranoid_Android Packaging...that's all it is...
13th December 2006 08:28 PM
Soldatti The packaging is weak, but the 10 tracks are awesome.
13th December 2006 09:43 PM
Play With Fire

The first Stones album I ever bought when I was 13 - Made In The Shade.

Vinyl is the best.

14th December 2006 01:18 AM
glencar It was my second LP. My first was Between the Buttons. Made In The Shade is one of their weaker compilations.
14th December 2006 05:58 AM
egon
quote:
lbb87 wrote:
I must be getting old. What does that mean?

I've looked at several websites that sell the CDs but they don't tell the difference between them other than one is a digipak. Amazon.com doesn't even say that one is a digipak, unless I'm not looking in the correct place.

if you don't have a SACD buy the other one.

Since you don't even know what it means,
i doubt very much you'd hear the difference in quality
between the 2.
14th December 2006 08:53 AM
silkcut1978 somebody else already pointed out: different package, that's all.

There is no SACD-version of Made In The Shade and it's ashame btw...
14th December 2006 08:54 AM
egon shit my bad,
was thinking of the abkco releases.
i'll shut up now...
14th December 2006 09:15 AM
glencar So has Made In The Shade been rereleased? Now I'm all confused. I have the same old copy I bought back in the early 90's.
14th December 2006 05:17 PM
Soldatti It was re-issed on March 21, 2005, I see load of copies on the stores, who will buy a GH album with only 10 tracks?
Forty Licks has 40 and cost less!
15th December 2006 12:23 AM
Throwaway Dance Little Sister is on this album, as Sway says, therefore it can't be that bad. Anyway just thinkin bout that grooving track makes me wanna share the joy of it..so heres an EXTENDED version of DLS
http://download.yousendit.com/3EA3D16F76B29B48
15th December 2006 02:28 AM
pdog Sucking In The Seventies & Made In The Shade were remastered and released last year or maybe the year before, it's all a blur of cash and stacks of Cd's... BUT!!! The more current remastering on 40 Licks and these titles, plus the ABKCO DSD stuff, the 94 remasters are shit, despite the best effort at the time, technology has already made them yesterdays papers.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)