ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian's Attendance 63-66 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12th December 2006 06:48 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
The Stones would have better off with Davey Jones

???

12th December 2006 06:53 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
The Stones would have better off with Davey Jones

Oh!

12th December 2006 06:55 PM
WJ
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:

why not just shut up saint sway?

In all fairness, you were the one who said you wanted to dig him up just to see what he looks like now.

FYI
12th December 2006 08:21 PM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
WJ wrote:

In all fairness, you were the one who said you wanted to dig him up just to see what he looks like now.

FYI

yes and i still do, but i don't want to spark another big controversy or have people calling me a sicko again.
12th December 2006 08:35 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:

yes and i still do, but i don't want to spark another big controversy or have people calling me a sicko again.

Why would anyone call you a sicko for wanting to dig up a corpse that has been interred for almost forty years and act against the will of the Jones' family just to see what it looks like? I mean what gives here?

Riffy
12th December 2006 09:50 PM
GhostofBrianJones What does digging up someone have to do with the topic on this thread
which was about whether BJ was on certain dates in 1966? Like I said
digging up someone does NOT disturb them they are NOT in their bodies
anymore!! Exhumation is for finding out evidence of cause of death not
carting the remains off to some fool to screw around with. Now again, if
someone should know the answer we originally started with please share.

Gazza: What set list are you referring to with the "Brian not in attendance"
I did not see it on this thread. Where is it please? Thanks much.
12th December 2006 10:02 PM
Taptrick
Just got back from work. Interesting posts. And Gazza was right, it's just an innocent question. The high fever and asthma condition seems to be the answer. I had no preference for the answer to go any specific way - just wondering if there were specific issues (seems there were) or he just didn't show (like Sly Stone). One thing you can say about Brian fans is they are definitely passionate.

12th December 2006 10:47 PM
Zack
quote:
WJ wrote:

You're stating your opinion, not a fact.

"I think not."

Pretty clearly a statement of my opinion.

It was just a point of conjecture: Could Brian have carried a Stones show as the only guitarist? That was my educated guess after following and studying the band for 20 years.
13th December 2006 12:42 AM
GhostofBrianJones Well according to the Setlists, there is no information on how many Stones
were at the 1966 concert I was looking for. So guess I will have to find it
somewhere else. Thanks much.
13th December 2006 02:52 AM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
WJ wrote:
Oh, you're a regular poster just trolling for trouble. Right? RIGHT?!?!
Gazz? Not funny!!!

gazz? wtf? no, i am not trolling for trouble and i don't really consider myself a *regular poster* of rocks off since i only post here sometimes, mainly for brian stuff

you're not funny indeed
13th December 2006 04:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Well according to the Setlists, there is no information on how many Stones
were at the 1966 concert I was looking for. So guess I will have to find it
somewhere else. Thanks much.

If theres no information to the contrary, then by default it means - from the records I have - that they were all there.

However, if you or anyone knows differently, any info would be appreciated

13th December 2006 05:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:

gazz? wtf? no, i am not trolling for trouble and i don't really consider myself a *regular poster* of rocks off since i only post here sometimes, mainly for brian stuff

you're not funny indeed

Why are you addressing this to me when youre quotin' someone else?
13th December 2006 05:09 AM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Why are you addressing this to me when youre quotin' someone else?

wtf? i wasn't talking to you...
13th December 2006 05:18 AM
Gazza
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:

wtf? i wasn't talking to you...

quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:

you're not funny indeed

Seems you thought you were. Anyway. never mind. No harm done
[Edited by Gazza]
13th December 2006 05:33 AM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Anyway. never mind. No harm done

ok no problem
13th December 2006 08:53 AM
GhostofBrianJones Thanks Gazza, I was a little confused by the Setlist. I was glad to know he
was probably there. I sure hope so. It is really bad he was not able to come
back again. I appreciate your help.
13th December 2006 01:08 PM
Philip Wow, where ever there's Brian talk, there's some folks with issues. :P

Dont forget, Bill seems to think Brian had epilepsy or something similar, so that should also be brought in to consideration. See Stone Alone.

It seems Brian was rarely 100% fit! :/

I think it's a certainty that if Keith couldn't have made a show, it would have been cancelled!
[Edited by Philip]
13th December 2006 01:59 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Well I think he's cuter than Brian ever was.
13th December 2006 02:44 PM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
ComeAsYouAre wrote:

noooo you must be out of your mind
13th December 2006 02:55 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
ComeAsYouAre wrote:

I heard he could basically pick up any instument and be playing it within minutes. I also love the way he played the Sitar during Paint it Black on Ed Sullivan.
13th December 2006 03:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I heard he could basically pick up any instument and be playing it within minutes. I also love the way he played the Sitar during Paint it Black on Ed Sullivan.

he's miming on that one, however!
13th December 2006 03:34 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I figured, but Davy still looked cool!
13th December 2006 03:45 PM
Gazza could have been worse. These were two of the Monkees who failed the audition

(rejected apparently because his teeth werent too good...and I thought Graham Nash was the English one in CSN & Y!!)

and this little hot tamale (although its an urban legend that he auditioned as he was in jail at the time - still, its a good little myth!)

[Edited by Gazza]
13th December 2006 04:33 PM
WJ
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Do musicians really try to hit the correct cords when miming or do they usually just randomly move their hands around? I suppose they're all different.
13th December 2006 04:51 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

Now don't be cutting on Stephen Stills. Great musician!
13th December 2006 04:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
WJ wrote:

Do musicians really try to hit the correct cords when miming or do they usually just randomly move their hands around? I suppose they're all different.

yeah - Some of them do, some of them dont

Plenty of examples where - I suppose as a form of protest at the absurdity of having to pretend theyre playing or singing - they'd deliberately make it look so blatantly obvious that theyre not playing live.

The vocals on the Ed Sullivan show were "live", but Mick would be singing to a pre-recorded backing track.
[Edited by Gazza]
13th December 2006 04:54 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Hey, you're the one who posted the photo. I was just commenting on it, smartass.
13th December 2006 04:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
ComeAsYouAre wrote:

Now don't be cutting on Stephen Stills. Great musician!

Nothing against the dude, personally. Just emphasisin' that its hard to imagine him in the same manufactured band as Mickey Dolenz and Peter Dork!
[Edited by Gazza]
13th December 2006 05:09 PM
polytoxic
quote:
WJ wrote:

That's only because they should have retired ten years ago.

While I like the keeping the bar raised high when it comes to the Stones, the fact of the matter is the last ten years would have been a whole lot less interesting and fun had they actually done that.
[Edited by polytoxic]
13th December 2006 05:21 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Nothing against the dude, personally. Just emphasisin' that its hard to imagine him in the same manufactured band as Mickey Dolenz and Peter Dork!
[Edited by Gazza]

Yeah, I know. Actually I think he's an asshole personally.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)