ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stereo Rarities Vol 2 Return to archive
12th December 2006 12:46 AM
Taptrick
I don't listen to this often but found myself listening tonight. There's a rocking Get Off My Cloud Track in which the verses a read by a dude with a raspy voice. Who is that. During the chorus it sounds like Keith but not during the read verses to me. Who is this?

12th December 2006 12:49 AM
Taptrick
Weird collection. I simply have it as an mp3 file on my hard drive. It says 1967-1970 on it but now I'm hearing Blinded By Rainbows.

12th December 2006 12:53 AM
Taptrick

Seems to be something someone just threw together. The years are actually 1965-1994. Even has Mariane's SM on it.
But does anyone know who did that read version of Get Off My Cloud?

12th December 2006 07:20 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Seems to be something someone just threw together. The years are actually 1965-1994. Even has Mariane's SM on it.
But does anyone know who did that read version of Get Off My Cloud?

Alexis Korner
12th December 2006 08:45 AM
Taptrick Does Keith sing on the chorus?

12th December 2006 10:43 AM
jpenn11
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
Does Keith sing on the chorus?

I have a Korner album, not this CD, but I presume you are referring to the version in which Korner sings and Richards plays the cool guitar riff and outro solo and sings both the chorus and "It's 3AM don't you people ever want to go to bed", etc. [one of its finest vocal moments]. Either Frampton or Marriot plays the solo in the middle. For me, this version well competes with the original. Someone posted an mp3 of the Stereo Rarities version and it sounded like the middle solo was partially cut, but it could have been the transfer was faulty.
[Edited by jpenn11]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)