ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Internet Explorer 7.0 Return to archive
11th December 2006 09:32 PM
Taptrick
Is anyone using the 7.0? I updated to it and can't stand it. Everything on it is slower on my computer now. I'm starting to use Mozilla now.

11th December 2006 09:36 PM
Dawg Pound Gordon Just go to your control panel and remove it.

IE will automatically roll back to 6.0

7.0 is very buggy, and not all the fixes will be out until Windows Vista is released. If you have anything other than XP, 7.0 will confound you. It even does that to some XP users.
11th December 2006 11:44 PM
chevysales
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Is anyone using the 7.0? I updated to it and can't stand it. Everything on it is slower on my computer now. I'm starting to use Mozilla now.

well then you have more problems then your browser... for it to "slow your computer". ie7 runs fine here

what makes you think mozilla will magically speed up your box?

what processes are running in the background?

have you shut down all unneeded services from startup?

when is the last time you formatted?

have you removed all references to old programs from your registry manually?

you want a sleek running machine? format, setup all proggys clean and make an image of it so you can clean up bi-annually. this of course is taking into account that you back up your data on a regualr basis.

good luck
11th December 2006 11:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot I have no problems with IE 7.0
11th December 2006 11:57 PM
Taptrick
It hasn't significantly slowed down the computer. IE is just slower than before. Not drastically. For example IE used to open automatically - now it takes 2-3 seconds, same with sites. All other tasks are fine. No problems multitasking. My provider was Adelphia and they just did the switch to Time Warner on the 8th. I'll have to check. TW is going with three speeds at different pay levels. I'm not sure what I'm at as Adelphioa just had me at a flat rate.

Thanks for all the advice. I did have some stupid stuff running in the background. I cleared that out. I'm going to check with TW tomorrow and see what speed they have me at. I'm on IE 7.o right now as I type.

12th December 2006 12:33 AM
Jumpinjackflash59 IE7 runs fine for me. If it's much slower than IE6 especially to open a new page, it's because of the anti phishing tool (or anti fishing, don't know how you write it in English).
as far as you are confident about the websites you are visiting, you can turn it off and IE will work faster.
12th December 2006 12:41 AM
Taptrick
That seems to make sense. For example, now that I have accessed RO it comes up instantaneously.

12th December 2006 12:59 AM
Taptrick
Just realized it won't pull up the bit torrent tracker. Any thoughts on why?

12th December 2006 06:10 AM
charlotte no problem on my end...
12th December 2006 07:27 AM
egon i say it's shit.

use "system restore" to go back to the moment just
before you installed it, and all is well again!
12th December 2006 07:38 AM
lotsajizz it takes some getting used to but it is a superior system
12th December 2006 08:12 AM
chevysales
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

It hasn't significantly slowed down the computer. IE is just slower than before. Not drastically. For example IE used to open automatically - now it takes 2-3 seconds, same with sites. All other tasks are fine. No problems multitasking. My provider was Adelphia and they just did the switch to Time Warner on the 8th. I'll have to check. TW is going with three speeds at different pay levels. I'm not sure what I'm at as Adelphioa just had me at a flat rate.

Thanks for all the advice. I did have some stupid stuff running in the background. I cleared that out. I'm going to check with TW tomorrow and see what speed they have me at. I'm on IE 7.o right now as I type.

it could be the anti phishing stuff that checks pages certificates....try turning it off and seee if that speeds up pages opening.
12th December 2006 10:14 AM
Mel Belli I'm digging it - especially the Clear Text.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
12th December 2006 01:10 PM
Jeep The IE7 commercial revisited :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vm6QPPhBsE
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)