ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rod rules out Faces reunion Return to archive
10th December 2006 11:14 AM
Ten Thousand Motels STEWART: 'THERE WILL BE NO FACES REUNION'

ROD STEWART has ruled out a reunion of his iconic British rock act THE FACES, because he is disheartened by the absence of late bassist RONNIE LANE. The MAGGIE MAY singer considered a comeback with the 1970s band's surviving members KENNEY JONES, IAN MCLAGAN and RONNIE WOOD earlier this year (OCT06). But those plans have since been cancelled following Wood's recent outburst that Stewart has become "Hollywood-ified". Stewart says, "Since Ronnie Lane's gone, I've lost a lot of enthusiasm to do it because he was the heart and soul of the band." Lane died from multiple sclerosis in 1997.

10/12/2006 14:56
contactmusic.com

10th December 2006 11:34 AM
mojoman i thought ronnie left partly because of rod being an ass. maybe rod feels guilty about it.
10th December 2006 11:39 AM
tumbled CAT FIGHT!!!! I'm on Ronnie's side!
10th December 2006 11:53 AM
gimmekeef Keep pumpin out those lame cover albums Rod...
10th December 2006 12:18 PM
Mel Belli Keep pumping out those atrociously exaggerated and misleading headlines and stories, contactmusic.com
10th December 2006 01:25 PM
gimmekeef Good point Mel.
10th December 2006 01:40 PM
Soldatti He makes shitloads of money with the covers albums, no commercial reason for a Faces' comeback, no market for that.
10th December 2006 02:55 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
He makes shitloads of money with the covers albums, no commercial reason for a Faces' comeback, no market for that.

Of course, nobody considers doing things for the fun of it anymore, right?
10th December 2006 03:24 PM
mojoman
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Of course, nobody considers doing things for the fun of it anymore, right?

sad but true
10th December 2006 03:48 PM
Factory Girl "Lane died from multiple sclerosis in 1997."

It certainly took Rod a long time to get sad abou Lane's death.
10th December 2006 11:42 PM
gustavobala
quote:
Stewart says, "Since Ronnie Lane's gone, I've lost a lot of enthusiasm to do it because he was the heart and soul of the band."

if lane left the faces in 1973, why he stay with the band until 1975??????????
10th December 2006 11:52 PM
glencar This does certainly seem like a manufactured controversy.
11th December 2006 03:04 AM
Zack Ronnie Lane was out of the band long before he got sick or the band even broke up the first time. They had that Japanese guy on bass for a while at the end. Why not look him up?
11th December 2006 08:00 AM
Nellcote Stewart is really reaching here.
11th December 2006 10:38 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Stewart is really reaching here.

Me thinks so are we....
11th December 2006 10:46 AM
mojoman
quote:
Zack wrote:
Ronnie Lane was out of the band long before he got sick or the band even broke up the first time. They had that Japanese guy on bass for a while at the end. Why not look him up?

tetsu
11th December 2006 01:26 PM
Highwire Rob In the recent RS magazine interview, Rod stated that he didn't remember a whole hell of a lot from those years anyway. So suddenly it's all coming back to him in emotional waves?

Also, didn't Rod suffer from stagefright early in the Faces and practically sing behind the speakers? He could do that again...
11th December 2006 05:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

The real reason why there will never be a Faces reunion is because Mac won't stand to be in the same room with Rod. Unless it's to punch his ugly fuckin' face in. Rod doesn't give a fuck about Ronnie Lane. If he did, he'd put some of Ronnie's songs out and make his family some $$$. Like Mac did. Mac did an entire album of Ronnie Lane songs. What's Rod done? Not a damn thing. Fuckin' cunt.

>They had that Japanese guy on bass for a while at the end. Why not look him up?<

Tetsu has fallen from the faces of the earth...pun fully intended. They have tried to find him several times, unsuccessfully. They don't even know if he is still alive. He's just....gone.
11th December 2006 06:36 PM
Saint Sway I love The Faces. Love every song.

But I'm glad theres no reunion.

Rod is so cheesy. He has no idea how to rock anymore. He is the definition of uncool now. It would come off like Tom Jones hamming it up singing Faces songs while Ronnie clowned around and waved. It would suck and ruin their great legacy.

no reunion. I'm fine with just catching Mac's gigs.
11th December 2006 06:39 PM
TomL Well said SSAL. I don't want to hear Rod sing a Credence song. Dumb asshole. Plus the Stones will be doing Euroupe this summes anyway.
11th December 2006 08:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

The real reason why there will never be a Faces reunion is because Mac won't stand to be in the same room with Rod. Unless it's to punch his ugly fuckin' face in. Rod doesn't give a fuck about Ronnie Lane. If he did, he'd put some of Ronnie's songs out and make his family some $$$. Like Mac did. Mac did an entire album of Ronnie Lane songs. What's Rod done? Not a damn thing. Fuckin' cunt.

I don't know the "real" truth but I suspect something along these lines.
11th December 2006 10:23 PM
glencar Rod's making a ton of dough with his MOR stuff.
11th December 2006 11:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I don't know the "real" truth but I suspect something along these lines.<

Dude...now you know the real truth. Unless Mac was lying to me. Yes, I actually talked to him. Straight from the horses mouth. I crap you negative.

The more he talked about it, the more agitated he became. In fact, he became so agitated that I quickly changed the subject. The subject of Rod Stewart hits a very raw nerve with Mac. I mean, I could see the steam starting to boil out of his ears...his face flushed, nostrils flared. I'm not kidding. After that conversation, I can see no way in hell that Ian McLagan will have anything to do with something that involves Rod Stewart.
12th December 2006 02:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot Mac does stuff for the fun of it.

He does a free show every Thursday at the Continental Club in Austin. When he's in town, of course.

I have never met a more approachable "Rock Star" than Mac. The guy is salt of the earth. When you talk to him, he actually LISTENS to what you are saying. When he talks to you he looks you right in the eye. He is simply a delight to be around.

I highly recommend that if he and the Bump Band plays in your neck of the woods...or even just near your neck of the woods...that you make a special effort to go see him. You won't regret it.

12th December 2006 02:38 PM
Nellcote I will second that SS, as I stood in front of the B-3 @ Continental Club during SXSW in March 04, as well as conversed with MAC via email. What a thrill.
BTW, his shows on Thursdays are at the Lucky Lounge in Austin, CC Club for special gigs.
12th December 2006 02:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot That's right! The Lucky Lounge! I knew the Continental didn't sound right...

Thanks for the correction.
12th December 2006 02:45 PM
Nellcote We are all pulling the same rope.
BTW, you still have the same snail mail addy?
I've got a package for you, and no it's not any more whisky...sorry, I did not lose any bets....yet....
12th December 2006 04:59 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Mac does stuff for the fun of it.

He does a free show every Thursday at the Continental Club in Austin. When he's in town, of course.

I have never met a more approachable "Rock Star" than Mac. The guy is salt of the earth. When you talk to him, he actually LISTENS to what you are saying. When he talks to you he looks you right in the eye. He is simply a delight to be around.

I highly recommend that if he and the Bump Band plays in your neck of the woods...or even just near your neck of the woods...that you make a special effort to go see him. You won't regret it.

Very cool photo SS

kins
12th December 2006 05:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

The more he talked about it, the more agitated he became. In fact, he became so agitated that I quickly changed the subject. The subject of Rod Stewart hits a very raw nerve with Mac. I mean, I could see the steam starting to boil out of his ears...his face flushed, nostrils flared. I'm not kidding. After that conversation, I can see no way in hell that Ian McLagan will have anything to do with something that involves Rod Stewart.

Sounds like Rod did something nasty that Mac takes quite personally. Whatever it was it must have been pretty bad to get Mac that pissed off.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
13th December 2006 08:19 AM
Sir Stonesalot Nelly, I got rid of my PO Box...I'll PM you.

Motels...I don't know what went down...I was too chicken to ask.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)