ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My New Next Door Neighbour.... Return to archive
10th December 2006 09:09 AM
Voodoo Scrounge is a former pop star!

His name is Mark Shaw and he used to be in a band called "Then Jerico" in the 1980s.

I knew of him before he moved next door. He has lived in Tooting for a few years now and I may have mentioned him on here before. But he just bought the place next door to me!

Hes a really nice guy, Ive had him round for a drink and he is your typicall pop star sort. Name droping and full of stories of showbiz excess. He has a walking stick now, said he had an accident whilst "on stage" and broke his ankles.

Anyone heard of them?

Been listening to a few of their songs, very 80s but not too bad!
My favs are

Big Area - quite famous Im told
The Motive - very catchy!
10th December 2006 11:30 AM
Gazza Yeah, I remember them OK...not really my taste but they did quite well for themselves for a while and I've heard a lot worse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Then_Jericho
10th December 2006 03:32 PM
robpop From their website:

15-Nov-2006 MARK SHAW TO PRESENT AWARDS

Then Jerico's Mark Shaw will be presenting awards at the first UK adult film awards on Friday November 17th at London's Hammersmith Palais.

The awards ceremony will also include a fashion show featuring adult film stars, the venue will be open to the general public after 11pm.

http://www.thenjerico.com/

Why couldn't he move next door to me?
[Edited by robpop]
11th December 2006 07:10 AM
egon So where do you live VS?

Or should i ask, where does HE...?
11th December 2006 09:35 AM
Paranoid_Android From Wiki...

The song "Big Area" was featured in the 1989 science fiction film "Slipstream" starring Mark Hamill.

'Nuff sed
11th December 2006 01:25 PM
Voodoo Scrounge I live in Tooting in South West London
11th December 2006 02:23 PM
egon is that where all the rockstars are?
11th December 2006 07:48 PM
Voodoo Scrounge Well I know that Bryan Ferry has a place in Balham, just up the road. But I dont know any other rock stars in Tooting!
11th December 2006 08:04 PM
mac_daddy sounds like this d00d has switched careers...

"adult film awards"

where i come from, that does not simply mean awards for adults who work in film; rather this connotes these awards are for a particular type of film industry...

are you single..? if you play your cards right, you could find yourself amongst a very lively crowd...

godspeed.
11th December 2006 10:30 PM
glencar I'm friends with a guy in Dublin who lives next to the parents of the lead singer of the Thrills!
11th December 2006 11:18 PM
mac_daddy a buddy of mine's dentist was david lee roth's father...

edit:

but what does this have to do with the fact vs lives next to a pr0n star..!?!

[Edited by mac_daddy]
12th December 2006 07:31 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I spoke to him about the whole adult film thing yesterday. I was intrigued. Turns out that he actually produces music for adult flicks now. I am single and I am looking forward o the parties now!
12th December 2006 07:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I live in Tooting in South West London

12th December 2006 07:54 AM
egon
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Turns out that he actually produces music for adult flicks now.

ah yes, the 50 euro casio synthesizer.
12th December 2006 08:59 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I love wolfie!

I run a football team called AFC Tooting. Check out our (shit) website

www.afctooting.com
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
12th December 2006 08:59 AM
5string king I live next door to Riffy! Enough said.
12th December 2006 09:04 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

I love wolfie!

I run a football team called AFC Tooting. Check out our (shit) website

www.afctooting.com

Funny!

12th December 2006 10:21 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I spoke to him about the whole adult film thing yesterday. I was intrigued. Turns out that he actually produces music for adult flicks now. I am single and I am looking forward o the parties now!

Jesus, you lucky bastard! Let me know if this one shows for one of the parties. You just might have talked yourself into a new roommate and yes I insist on spooning.

12th December 2006 05:21 PM
Voodoo Scrounge Been talking to Mark a lot lately. He is a really lovely guy, he was telling me about the time he had a fight with Simon Le Bon at a film premiere a few years ago, its great!
12th December 2006 05:24 PM
Fiji Joe Are you sure it's not just Starbuck pretending to be Mark Shaw?...We know he impersonates lame ass 60s musicians...impersonating a lame ass 80s musician is no big leap
12th December 2006 06:02 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Are you sure it's not just Starbuck pretending to be Mark Shaw?...We know he impersonates lame ass 60s musicians...impersonating a lame ass 80s musician is no big leap

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Lil Fiji..I just got a feeling that in 15 or 20 years, you're gonna be somebody...maybe like a writer or something"
12th December 2006 06:07 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

"Lil Fiji..I just got a feeling that in 15 or 20 years, you're gonna be somebody...maybe like a writer or something"

You got that right little husker...

12th December 2006 06:13 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You got that right little husker...

Funny !!!

Oh ...... Oh , ................

Oh ...... Little ......... Litt * le .......... Lil' Fiji ....

Lil' Fiji .............................
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)