ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bon Scott Biography Author Questions Singer’s Uncredited Role on Back in Black Album Return to archive
December 16th, 2005 08:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels AC/DC - Bon Scott Biography Author Questions Singer’s Uncredited Role on Back in Black Album

By Newsferatu, Writer
Thursday, December 15, 2005 @ 10:15 AM
knac.com

Opening a Can of Worms

From Australia’s The Age:

Clinton Walker, the author of the Bon Scott biography Highway To Hell, has opened a can of worms in the latest issue of Rolling Stone by questioning the singer's uncredited role on the Back in Black album, which was recorded soon after his death.

He also quotes Scott's last girlfriend, Anna Baba, who says he had drummed up titles such as ‘Rock 'N' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution’ and had books of lyrics that mysteriously disappeared from his flat.

"There are trace elements of Scott all over the album; titles and couplets that, if he didn't write, certainly do him proud," says Walker.

December 16th, 2005 09:01 AM
justforyou The Youngs were devastated by his departure, and I can't conceive they in any way would steal credit from him if it was due...
December 16th, 2005 10:31 AM
StickyFishFingers I don't think the Youngs 'stole' or had anyone else for that matter steal any of Bon's lyrics notebooks. Just a conspiracy theory, but i do believe Bon had more input on BIB than what is commonly reported. Before his death Bon and the band had been working on the following up to Highway to Hell - that's no big secret and I certainly think that some of the lyrics he was working on ended up on BIB. There seems to be 2 different styles of lyrics on that album. Some of the lyrics are descriptive & story like - which is the way Bon's lyrics are. A lot of his lyrics were based on real experiences eg Whole lotta Rosie. The later stuff with Brian Johnson especially in recent years sound to me like dirty limmericks, real unimaginative stuff and not clever unlike Bon's lyrics. A mate of mine only 2 days ago was given a copy of a bootleg recording of outtakes from the BIB recording sessions which supposedly includes Bon singing Hells Bells. Haven't been able to verify it yet...
December 17th, 2005 07:43 AM
patriceg Hi
In an old Kerrang issue a man who worked for AC/DC as tour manager and later co-manager( Ian Jeffery) said that he was the owner of a notebook with unrealeased lyrics from Bon.Some of them he was working on for Back in Black. But if i remember well he said that none of those lyrics were used on Back in Black.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)