ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'Three Stooges' biopic closer to reality Return to archive
December 16th, 2005 07:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels 'Three Stooges' biopic closer to reality

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 9 (UPI) -- It looks like the Farrelly brothers' long-delayed "Three Stooges" feature is going to happen and when it does, look for unknowns to take top billing.

Peter Farrelly told Zap2it.com negotiations with 20th Century Fox are taking a positive turn.

"We wrote the script like two or three years ago," Farrelly told the Web site. "It was the hardest script we ever wrote, because just the intrinsic nature of the Stooges, it's a lot of hitting. It's all about the hitting and it wears you down. It wears you out. If you watch an episode, you laugh your butt off. You watch a second, a little less. By the third episode, you're just tired. It's a lot of hitting."

After stars like George Clooney, Russell Crowe and Larry David passed on the project, the brothers decided to mount a nationwide talent search for the big screen Larry, Curly and Moe.

"I think we're going with unknowns, but I can't say for sure," Farrelly said. "I'll put it this way -- if Benicio Del Toro started twisting my arm, yeah, of course he's in it."

Three Stooges Movie News - Peter Farrelly on the New Three Stooges Movie
Three Stooges Movie News
From Fred Topel,
Your Guide to Action-Adventure Movies.

The Struggle to Make a New Three Stooges Movie: “Stooges is something we’ve wanted to do for years and years. It’s a very tricky movie to get made. I’m not quite sure why, but usually our best movies are so I’m happy about that. If they make it right away, usually something’s wrong, it’s too easy. This movie took five years to get made, Dumb and Dumber took five years to get made, Mary was not easy to get made and The Stooges has just been a nightmare.”

Why Studios Shied Away From a New Three Stooges Movie: “Because there’s nothing like the stooges now. It’s a lot of hitting. Studios are confused. How does this work and who sees it and who’s it for? When does this take place and how do you maintain it? We took a long time to write the script. It took us two years but we finally cracked it.”

The New Three Stooges Movie is Old School: “There are four 20 minute episodes. It’s a short movie, an hour 20 which is really all you need for the stooges, and each episode begins where the last one left off but they hold together as 20 minute bits. They had four theme songs, so each one will begin with that and it will be an oldtime matinee feeling.”

Casting the New Three Stooges Movie: “We’re thinking of going with complete unknowns or whoever the best actors are. We’re thinking of opening the field to everybody and just seeing who the best guys are. We went to actors who were interested and then we ran into problems getting it made. The studio didn’t want to pull the trigger. Benicio Del Toro has expressed interest in playing Moe. I love Benicio. Jeff Daniels has expressed some interest in playing Larry.”

All New Three Stooges Skits: “We wrote all new stuff. They look the same. It’s Moe, Larry and Curly. No Shemp. Moe, Larry, Curly, they look the same, they dress the same but it takes place present day. We wrote four new things but we didn’t take any of their stuff. We came up with all new things which is hard. I think people will watch and feel like those are old episodes. We tried to do that.”

The First New Three Stooges Movie Short: “It opens 1950s, a station wagon blows by a building, throws a duffel bag out the window and keeps going. Duffel bag rolls up, bounces against the door of this big building. The door opens, a nun is there, she looks around, sees the duffel bag, looks in it, opens it up a little baby hand comes out, doink, hits her in the eye. And they’re off to the races. The first episode is them growing up in an orphanage, ends with them as adults. Then they head out and it goes to present day.”

The New Three Stooges Movie Coming Soon!: “We want to shoot it in March and we want it out for a year from now, [Fall/Winter 2006.]”

A Lady in the New Three Stooges Movie: “There’s a really good female role, kind of a bad girl role. That will be really fun to cast. I’m not sure who we would go with that but it’s a great, great role.”

A Baby Fight in the New Three Stooges Movie!: “At one point they’re in a hospital and they’re trying to get to somebody so they dress up like nurses. They’re running through the thing and somebody’s trying to get them so they duck into the nursery. And they’re standing there, come on, get to work, look busy. And they start acting like they know what they’re doing. As they’re changing babies, [spray] it starts hitting them in the face. So one of them laughs, so the other one picks up the baby and squeezes, and they have a baby fight holding babies. Finally, someone turns the baby around and a big missile comes out. It’s the same idea but we’ve hopefully made it a little grosser.”
No Pies Though

“There’s no pies. We have no pies in it. We tried to get away from [old stuff]. There’s a famous scene in the Three Stooges, they did it in about five episodes where they’re eating chowder, and there’s a clam like squirting them in the face. We didn’t want to do that very thing.”
December 16th, 2005 08:00 AM
Nellcote I don't know about this.
The original shows are on frequently, that
I'm feeling any movie will appear forced.

Moe, Larry, get the cheese...Lindberger, of course!
December 16th, 2005 08:13 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I don't know about this.
The original shows are on frequently, that
I'm feeling any movie will appear forced.

Yes. It seems to me this will very difficult to pull off.
December 16th, 2005 10:55 AM
IzzyStradlin Shemp was the best anyways.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)