ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fan Club DVD Return to archive
December 16th, 2005 04:43 AM
RSRTG This has probably been discussed already but being relatively new to this great forum, I thought I would share my own thoughts on this.
With great anticipation I feverishly unwrapped my DVD from RS.COM but after viewing I felt a bit let down, mind you, the tin it came in is rather spesh!
In some places the sound is a bit scratchy and it's all taken from The Licks tour apart from an archive clip from 89 featuring Eric Clapton and John Lee Hooker.....which I enjoyed!
I was hoping on a special message from those stones boys to their dedicated fans for this current tour.
I dunno...perhaps it's becuase there's so much merchandise about these days that the gloss has gone off anything thats remotely special released by the band or it's promotors.
Personally, I have enjoyed collecting various things to do with the Stones over the years and would like to think that some of it is actually rare but there's no way I could or even want to keep up with the large range of 'stuff' available at the official store at rs.com.
I buy the official tour t-shirt and thats it.
Why is this great band seemingly intent on 'selling out'?
Why are we as dedicated and passionate fans made to feel we are being ripped off?
I'v enjoyed ALL the stones albums including ABB and Rarities for wot they are but am feeling a bit peeved by this fan club DVD.
Perhaps my attitude will change when I eventually secure tickets to a show here in Oz or overseas coz the live experience is the greatest feeling, but at the moment I'm feeling depressed and my hatred for U2 is'nt helping.
Anywayz, we got a great local 'cover' band here in Adelaide called 'The Rocking Stones' and they play the Stones' music very well, in fact, so well I cant get enuf of it!
December 16th, 2005 04:54 AM
rough-justice Well Its the first ive heard of the fan collection dvd, but i can say it annoys me buying ABB and now finding a loving relative who will go and buy me the limited addition for Christmas.

I refuse to buy the Rarities cd I have all that stuff, even though it niggles in the back of the mind that it may just be worth it.?

So I agree with you with that feeling.
December 16th, 2005 05:29 AM
RSRTG ....and thats the point.....I had to go and buy ABB LTD EDITION cos of the DVD after I had already purchased the first release of ABB.
Yeah, I got my FAN CLUB DVD this week in the mail.....thought a poster was meant to accompany it as well?
I dont mind spending my hard earnt money on The Stones, dont get me wrong, but why didnt they just release ABB with the DVD right from the beginning?
I've enjoyed RARITIES but as it's been said here already, it couldve been sooooo much better!
December 16th, 2005 06:17 AM
Jumping Jack RSRTG,

The fan club DVD sucks big time, but I would like to address your comment about selling out:

Sell out implies betraying ones cause. Are the Stones really much different than they were in the early days? They have always been hedonistic, self-absorbed, greedy and caring little for causes or others that don’t benefit themselves. Their best work is Exile On Main Street when they abandoned their country in the name of greed.

I think there are a lot of time-warped, old hippie, counterculture people out there who erroneously believed the Stones ever bought into their new age anti-materialism value system. The Stones have not veered or sold out from that because they never adopted it in the first place. They have always been jet-setting, self-indulgent, pampered and spoiled brats. That’s why we love them, they are what we dream of being. The only difference is that now they are much smarter and have much more clout than ever before. In fact, they are more in tune with their true beliefs than ever before.
December 16th, 2005 06:27 AM
RSRTG Hey Jumping Jack, I hear u brother! Its always great to hear someone else's perspective on things. Thats why I've joined this forum, to be with my own kind and for others to open my eyes.........now, can someone help me with the fact that if I travel to the U.K. next year and buy my tickets through ticketmaster, wot do I do about the apparent fact that they post the tickets out 7-10 days prior to the concert...that worries the hell outta me.
December 16th, 2005 06:55 AM
Jumping Jack Ticket Fast e-tickets
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)