ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cliff slams religious over sensitivity Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 15th, 2005 09:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels RICHARD SLAMS RELIGIOUS OVER-SENSITIVITY

Veteran pop star SIR CLIFF RICHARD has criticised the high levels of political correctness in Britain which see Christians desperately trying not to offend other religions.

The 65-year-old, who was born in India, was amazed when officials in UK cities considered renaming their Christmas lights 'Winter lights'.

Richard, who is a Christian, insists religious tolerance is prevalent in Britain, and that Christmas can be enjoyed by all Britons regardless of their faith.

Speaking on last night's (14DEC05) Sky Report on British TV channel Sky News, Richard says, "This whole political correctness thing bugs me like mad. I was so upset when they said they were going to call the lights in London 'Winter lights'.

"I've got friends who are Asian, I wish them Happy Diwali, they wish me Happy Christmas. In fact they enjoy Christmas. And when I've been there and there's Diwali going on I've enjoyed that too, to be honest with you.

"I'm not so sure why they're so upset about the sensitivity of other religions who actually don't mind that we celebrate Christmas."

15/12/2005 09:48

December 15th, 2005 09:39 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
RICHARD SLAMS RELIGIOUS OVER-SENSITIVITY

Veteran pop star SIR CLIFF RICHARD has criticised the high levels of political correctness in Britain which see Christians desperately trying not to offend other religions.

The 65-year-old, who was born in India, was amazed when officials in UK cities considered renaming their Christmas lights 'Winter lights'.

Richard, who is a Christian, insists religious tolerance is prevalent in Britain, and that Christmas can be enjoyed by all Britons regardless of their faith.

Speaking on last night's (14DEC05) Sky Report on British TV channel Sky News, Richard says, "This whole political correctness thing bugs me like mad. I was so upset when they said they were going to call the lights in London 'Winter lights'.

"I've got friends who are Asian, I wish them Happy Diwali, they wish me Happy Christmas. In fact they enjoy Christmas. And when I've been there and there's Diwali going on I've enjoyed that too, to be honest with you.

"I'm not so sure why they're so upset about the sensitivity of other religions who actually don't mind that we celebrate Christmas."

15/12/2005 09:48

interesting.same kind of problems here.
Last year in a school some kids did a Xmas three, the director of the school decided to remove it just becuz he didn t want to offend kids from other religions.
what a shitty world where kids can t celebrate Xmas.
December 15th, 2005 09:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well, I don't think it's the "other religions" that are necessarily offended. It's the secularists that get offended.
December 15th, 2005 09:59 AM
glencar There was a school in the Midwest wherein the lyrics to Christmas songs were changed so as not to offend.
December 15th, 2005 10:07 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
There was a school in the Midwest wherein the lyrics to Christmas songs were changed so as not to offend.

the Stones did that a long time ago with LSTNT
December 15th, 2005 10:08 AM
glencar Yes but they could have walked off. They were somewhat gutless.
December 15th, 2005 10:24 AM
jb Fuck him,,another right wing fanatic trying toi make an issue that does not exist, except on Fox News.
December 15th, 2005 10:25 AM
glencar Joshy, calm down!
December 15th, 2005 10:34 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, calm down!

Blue, I have never been insulted by any Holiday greeting..X-mas, Easter, Chanukak, etc...I am offened that Bill O'Reley and other right wingers seek put pressure on retailers who simply choice to be inclusive....they want this country, much like the Imans in Iran, to be a theocracy with Chritian values imposed on all....fuck them!!! I know as a Jew I am a minority, and except the fact that this country is 85 % Christian...you have an absolute right to have stores sat Merry X-0mas, have a Federal Holiday, etc, but don't pretend your religion is undr assault....indeed, it is others who are under assault.................
December 15th, 2005 10:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Fuck him,,another right wing fanatic trying toi make an issue that does not exist, except on Fox News.

actually, as far as Britain goes, he's right as far as this subject is concerned
December 15th, 2005 10:38 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Blue, I have never been insulted by any Holiday greeting..X-mas, Easter, Chanukak, etc...I am offened that Bill O'Reley and other right wingers seek put pressure on retailers who simply choice to be inclusive....they want this country, much like the Imans in Iran, to be a theocracy with Chritian values imposed on all....fuck them!!! I know as a Jew I am a minority, and except the fact that this country is 85 % Christian...you have an absolute right to have stores sat Merry X-0mas, have a Federal Holiday, etc, but don't pretend your religion is undr assault....indeed, it is others who are under assault.................

I agree 100%. I have had it with this crap!
December 15th, 2005 10:39 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

actually, as far as Britain goes, he's right as far as this subject is concerned

He has turned intoi a religious nut, no?
December 15th, 2005 10:40 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I agree 100%. I have had it with this crap!

Thank you Pugela...........coming from a Christian your post has more credibility!!! You are a friend to all ......
December 15th, 2005 10:50 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Joshy, I agree that this "War On Christmas" stuff is a tempest in a teapot so to speak but it's unfair when the NYC TV stations run ads saying Happpy Holidays, Happy Chanukaah & Happy Knanzaa but demur on Merry Christmas except on the day itself. Kids can sing that driedel song in school but no Christmas songs unless the lyrics are "winterized". In any case, I will wish yo Happy Chanakaah when the time comes not some cheesy "Happy Holidays!"
December 15th, 2005 11:04 AM
jb Agreed..Merry X-mas to me reflects a wonderful time of year..a great holiday, and the birth of baby Jesus to my Christian friends..
December 15th, 2005 11:10 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Agreed..Merry X-mas to me reflects a wonderful time of year..a great holiday, and the birth of baby Jesus to my Christian friends..

some folks are just too narrow minded and short sighted to see what wise folks such as you, myself, glencar, and Young Jake can see!
December 15th, 2005 11:12 AM
glencar Young Jake sees nothink!
December 15th, 2005 12:01 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

some folks are just too narrow minded and short sighted to see what wise folks such as you, myself, glencar, and Young Jake can see!

We are simply the cream that rises to the top..and everyone else sinks to the bottom of the cup..........like grinds of coffee..........
December 15th, 2005 12:02 PM
glencar Coffee grinds suck!
December 15th, 2005 12:12 PM
lotsajizz it's even more stupid when one keeps in mind that much of what the Christmas holiday is celebrated with is not Christian....the whole tree thing came from the Germanic tribes of north Europe, Santa Claus/Father Christmas from the same sources, the December 25th date came from the Roman calendar and was already a big feast/celebration date.....to not be a Christmas celebrant is the religious statement, not the other way around!!
December 15th, 2005 12:14 PM
glencar Although some aspects came from pagan times, it's still a Christian holiday.
December 15th, 2005 01:51 PM
monkey_man
quote:
jb wrote:

Truer words have yet to be spoken today! This ridiculous issue is a fabrication by producers at Fox to have their viewers be angry at something! O'Reilly's mouth moves when the producers pull the strings.
December 15th, 2005 01:55 PM
jb
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Truer words have yet to be spoken today! This ridiculous issue is a fabrication by producers at Fox to have their viewers be angry at something! O'Reilly's mouth moves when the producers pull the strings.

Fox News has, sadly, taken a strong grip on cable and even on the 3 major news networks...they simply shout louder and it sticks..
December 15th, 2005 01:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Fox News has, sadly, taken a strong grip on cable and even on the 3 major news networks...they simply shout louder and it sticks..

They were smart enough to hire more charismatic (whether popular, intelligent, or neither) to present their side. Upper management at Fox has made many strategic business moves. (see debuting Married With Children and breaking the Sit Com mold)
December 15th, 2005 02:13 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

They were smart enough to hire more charismatic (whether popular, intelligent, or neither) to present their side. Upper management at Fox has made many strategic business moves. (see debuting Married With Children and breaking the Sit Com mold)

Plus, with weak-wristed liberals like Alna Colmes and jack-asses like Geraldo as their supposedly "liberal elements", it is no wonder why they prevail.
December 15th, 2005 02:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Plus, with weak-wristed liberals like Alna Colmes and jack-asses like Geraldo as their supposedly "liberal elements", it is no wonder why they prevail.

Sadly, they run it like a business, not like a impartial source of information. Rupert is to be respected as is Young Jake Cohl
December 15th, 2005 02:41 PM
jb Jake Cohl, imo, is the best business man of 05!!!
December 15th, 2005 02:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Jake Cohl, imo, is the best business man of 05!!!

The future is bright for young Jake, i am proud to hear that your son idolizes him!
December 15th, 2005 02:55 PM
jb Who wouldn't?
December 15th, 2005 03:23 PM
Voodoo Scrounge Christmas will be celebrated in my town reagrdless of offence to any religion.......Each to their own
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)