ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aerosmith hasn't lost much with age Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 14th, 2005 04:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Aerosmith hasn't lost much with age
By GEMMA TARLACH
Journal Sentinel pop music critic
Posted: Dec. 13, 2005
Maybe Joe Perry should be put in charge of our nation's nuclear arsenal.

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler struts Tuesday at the Bradley Center. The band's North American tour runs through February.

The iconic Aerosmith lead guitarist never loses his cool, whether strutting the stage in a cavalryman's uniform, complete with spurs, or handling the vocals on "Shakin' My Cage." Perry remains unflappable even when flipping his Gibson Les Paul behind his back to switch guitars mid-song and solo on a Fender Telecaster, a feat he performed more than once during Aerosmith's headlining set Tuesday night at the Bradley Center.

With apparent ice in his veins and fingers of lightning, Perry didn't even break a sweat over only a few thousand fans showing up to see the classic boogie-rock giants romp through four decades of hits.

Frontman Steven Tyler seemed to need most of opening song "Love in an Elevator" to warm up, but once on his game, he revealed his vocal skills and manic gymnastic abilities that have remained remarkably intact for a 57-year-old grandfather who could give Keith Richards a run for his money in the grizzled category.

Aerosmith made a statement with a strong opening of half a dozen songs pulled from throughout their catalog, including "Livin' On the Edge," "Walk This Way" and "No More No More," the latter from their landmark 1975 album "Toys in the Attic."

The stage design included a number of ramps that led deep into the crowd, and Tyler in particular made good use of the setup, leaning over the ramps or draping himself on the railings to serenade and then spontaneously make out with more than one audience member.

Grampa Tyler may be getting a little too up there in years to pull off such antics, but the band's music remains timeless - even when the quintet stretched out "Sweet Emotion" for a long, classic '70s rock-style noodle-jam.

Deadlines precluded a review of the band's entire set.

Opening act Lenny Kravitz could have wowed the crowd with a lean, lively 45-minute set, but he chose instead to perform for nearly twice that length of time, padding his scant handful of hits with soggy filler. Despite his rock-star wardrobe and book of stage moves copped from both James Brown and Robert Plant, Kravitz was frequently flat and consistently outshone by his excellent eight-piece backing band.

While the band's momentum fueled the set's better songs, notably an extended jam on "Let Love Rule" and closer "Are You Gonna Go My Way," the slower, more leaden material such as "Lady" and "California" only called attention to Kravitz's shortcomings as both singer and songwriter.

Email Gemma Tarlach at [email protected]

December 14th, 2005 05:05 AM
Voodoo Scrounge will they tour the uk?
December 14th, 2005 06:48 AM
RollingstonesUSA Goin to see them in Charlotte Jan.12th, cant wait!
December 14th, 2005 06:56 AM
justforyou Just shows you how biased reviews can be....

Kravitz is a popular songwriter, with plenty of hits the past 2 decades. So with a screwed up ending, how can I trust the rest ?
December 14th, 2005 08:31 AM
sammy davis jr. Lenny Kravitz.....all icing, no cake.
December 14th, 2005 09:10 AM
Jumping Jack LK, big hat, no cattle!
December 14th, 2005 10:03 AM
jb They suck and so does Lenny..in fact, his involvement with the jagger project was a foreshadowing of things to come.
December 14th, 2005 10:04 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
They suck and so does Lenny..in fact, his involvement with the jagger project was a foreshadowing of things to come.

The Rolling Stones
The Rolling Stones will once again showcase their diversity as musicians and bring fans electrifying performances and state-of-the art stage production while performing in both stadiums and arenas throughout North America.

When:
Sunday, January 29, 2006
7:30PM

Where:
Qwest Center Arena

Ticket Information:
$62.00-$97.00-$162.00-$352.00 Tickets are on sale at all ticketmaster retail ticket center locations, Ticketmaster charge-by-phone in Omaha at (402)422-1212 and Lincoln (402)475-1212, online at Ticketmaster.com or at Qwest Center Omaha Box Office.

.........ss ! .. "

[ Edited by http://www.omahameca.com/ ]
[Edited by Joey]
December 14th, 2005 10:23 AM
jb What a beauiful thing to see!!!
December 14th, 2005 10:34 AM
justforyou Ok, I think I'm starting to grasp this 'A,B and C lister posting' thing....

C: lick ass
B: clap at ass licking
A: expose your asshole to be licked
December 14th, 2005 11:00 AM
jb [quote]justforyou wrote:
Ok, I think I'm starting to grasp this 'A,B and C lister posting' thing....

[/quote

You shall not be greeted.
December 14th, 2005 05:53 PM
BILL PERKS MY ANTI SEMITISM IS STARTING TO RESURFACE

CLAUS VON PERKSY!!!
DEVELOPING!!

JOEY,ENOUGH WITH THAT FUCKING OUTHOUSE!CONGRATULATIONS ,YOUR STATE BUILT YOU HICKS A NEW COWBARN.I DONT GIVE A FIDDLERS FART!
December 14th, 2005 06:14 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:
[quote]justforyou wrote:
Ok, I think I'm starting to grasp this 'A,B and C lister posting' thing....

[/quote

You shall not be greeted.

Yeah but I shall be greeted!
December 14th, 2005 08:01 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
jb wrote:
They suck and so does Lenny..in fact, his involvement with the jagger project was a foreshadowing of things to come.

No. They rock. I was there to see for myself. And Lenny always puts on a good show. Talk to us AFTER you actually see them.
December 14th, 2005 09:49 PM
the worst kinda guy Aerosmith = MTV Whores.
December 14th, 2005 10:04 PM
the good Its easy not to lose anything when you don't have anything to begin with.
December 14th, 2005 10:37 PM
gypsymofo60 I know a lot of people here dislike Aerosmith, but I've always felt that they are one of the most kick- ass bands around when they avoid those soppy power ballads.
December 15th, 2005 02:29 AM
DoctorStones Does Aerosmith remember a continent called Europe ???
I'd be glad to see them again there one day...

December 15th, 2005 03:54 PM
Ronnie Richards Aerosmith were a brilliant rock'n'roll band circa Toys in the Attic / Rocks, but have ever since been on a slippery slope down to the darkest pits of AOR hell.

Lenny Kravitz is not even worth mentioning...
December 15th, 2005 03:56 PM
jb
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
Aerosmith were a brilliant rock'n'roll band circa Toys in the Attic / Rocks, but have ever since been on a slippery slope down to the darkest pits of AOR hell.

Lenny Kravitz is not even worth mentioning...

They suck and have no respect for what the Stones did for them,
December 15th, 2005 04:16 PM
glencar I saw Aerosmith but it was just before Tyler's facelift. It'd be tough to see him now w/o giggling.
December 15th, 2005 04:17 PM
glencar And Lenny Kravitz is definitely a B list poster.
December 15th, 2005 04:17 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
They suck and have no respect for what the Stones did for them,

What did the Stones do for them?
December 15th, 2005 04:18 PM
glencar Gave them something to imitate.
December 15th, 2005 04:19 PM
Dan
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
No. They rock. I was there to see for myself. And Lenny always puts on a good show. Talk to us AFTER you actually see them.

JB strikes me as the type of fellow who doesn't even like music, just obsessed with some sort of image that is no longer even representative of the band, and then inventing silly competitions between the "image" and other bands of the sort that the band members themselves are either too mature or just too sane to engage in themselves.
December 15th, 2005 04:20 PM
glencar don't be a playa hatuh!
December 15th, 2005 04:21 PM
Nellcote JB, you are sadly mistaken.

Why did they cut Walking The Dog on their 1st lp?
" You Gotta Move on their blues lp?
Why were they in the 4th row at the Orpheum in Boston
for Keith's solo show in '88? (I was in the 1st loge seat)

They see what it did for the Stones, they know a good thang...

They are loved around the world, but scorned in many parts of the US.
I'd like to think that they all beat drugs together (something to show the kids) and came back stronger than ever..
December 15th, 2005 04:21 PM
jb No...I am a Stones fan..not Aerosmith, Beatles, U2, Macca, etc...I don't come to a Stones board to talk about how great other groups are..to me, they all suck in comparison to the Stones...YOU SHALL NOT BE GREETED.
December 15th, 2005 04:25 PM
Nellcote But, I was already greeted.
You cannot take that back!
Besides, you need to be @ Sully's across from the
TD Banknorth Gahden on 01/13/06, and I MAY greet you!

NEWS FLASH...
Tom Brady upgraded from questionable to probable for Saturday..
He had more rushing yds than Willis Magehhe last week!
He is IRONMAN....
December 15th, 2005 04:27 PM
speedfreakjive No Aerosmith haven't lost much with age;
they're still crap!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)