ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: and the year's top grossing tour is..... Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 15th, 2005 10:23 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

Joshy? Wha-wha-what??? U2 is in my Top 5!

Oh my!!! I am disappointed, but I guess were still friends......
December 15th, 2005 10:26 AM
glencar We'll always be friends even though we disagree on U2, Bush & certain other posters...
December 15th, 2005 10:29 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
We'll always be friends even though we disagree on U2, Bush & certain other posters...

I really thought you hated them!!! You like Macca as well??
December 15th, 2005 10:33 AM
glencar How dare you!
December 15th, 2005 11:53 AM
Saint Sway theres a funny mock article on u2 in this weeks Onion.

talks about how the other 3 members could give 2 shits about feeding Africa. They rag on Bono's efforts pretty good.
"You don't win 14 Grammys feeding Africans." - Larry Mullen

funny stuff

If you're a fellow U2 hater, its worth a read.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/43192
December 15th, 2005 11:55 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
theres a funny mock article on u2 in this weeks Onion.

talks about how the other 3 members could give 2 shits about feeding Africa. They rag on Bono's efforts pretty good.
"You don't win 14 Grammys feeding Africans." - Larry Mullen

funny stuff

If you're a fellow U2 hater, its worth a read.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/43192

That is a good read. Did the Black Crowes end up selling out the NYE show yet?
December 15th, 2005 11:56 AM
jb The Hollywood Bowl shows were not an official sell-out.
December 15th, 2005 11:57 AM
voodoopug
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

That is a good read. Did the Black Crowes end up selling out the NYE show yet?

Oh lord, just checked Ticketmaster.com...plenty of tickets available, many close to the stage....thankfully we (true stones fans) did not even experience this humiliation in the worst markets (see Detroit, Vegas, Philly 2, Chicago 3, Memphis)
December 15th, 2005 11:58 AM
GimmeExile
quote:
jb wrote:
The Hollywood Bowl shows were not an official sell-out.

...but Lindsay Lohan attended, and anytime you get 19-year-old hot chicks attending a Stones concert life is good.
December 15th, 2005 11:58 AM
glencar Geez, I could go but won't. I'd like to eb awake when I greet the new year!
December 15th, 2005 05:25 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Damn right Gazza!

I thought we moved past the huge tour and greatest hits shows with the Licks Tour.

Maxy thought the theatre/club route would be taken more and more.

Look at that Paris Club show from Four Flicks! Jesus! THAT is a a Stones show.

This route was not taken....

I would certainly like to nuzzle you, Macky...
December 15th, 2005 06:07 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Gazza wrote:
sad sign of what the Stones stand for these days that so many of their fans seem to think that all that matters is being the highest grossing act at all costs - even if it means fleecing whats left of your fanbase and playing an unimaginative greatest hits show for the corporate audience who eat up most of the overpriced tickets and NEED to hear the only 12-15 songs that they know.

Theres a lot wrong with the Rolling Stones in 2005. And being outgrossed by a band who have played 3 times as many shows this year as they have is not one of them.

December 15th, 2005 06:38 PM
corgi37 I would just like to add my signature to the "I hate U2" list.

But, they are killing us. Oz tour a total sell out in quick time. If they could do another 8 shows, they'd sell them out too. Still no word on Stones Oz tour, and it aint looking good. I'd say interest is at a 40 year low.

I blame the Lebanese.
December 15th, 2005 06:59 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
The Hollywood Bowl shows were not an official sell-out.

More proof your "sources" are your own faulty imagination. Other than a quick ticket drop on TM in the preceding week, there were no other tickets available. The box office was closed with a sold out sign. It never re-opened. Tickets were going for over face outside. There were more buyers than sellers. If the gig was heavily papered, it would have at least affected the supply and demand situation outside in a more positive manner.
December 15th, 2005 07:04 PM
glencar
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I would just like to add my signature to the "I hate U2" list.

But, they are killing us. Oz tour a total sell out in quick time. If they could do another 8 shows, they'd sell them out too. Still no word on Stones Oz tour, and it aint looking good. I'd say interest is at a 40 year low.

I blame the Lebanese.

I'd blame the lesbians!
December 15th, 2005 10:50 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

More proof your "sources" are your own faulty imagination. Other than a quick ticket drop on TM in the preceding week, there were no other tickets available. The box office was closed with a sold out sign. It never re-opened. Tickets were going for over face outside. There were more buyers than sellers. If the gig was heavily papered, it would have at least affected the supply and demand situation outside in a more positive manner.

It was wide open until the very end..not an real sell out. Please don't question me,,,I havew proven to be corrct on almost everything I predicted for tyhis tour....like the weak sales of ABB, flay attendance, U2 killing us, etc.......You see, I don't make big money by being wrong too often...I can buy a bigger house if I wanted to or a Maserati!!!! I am simply the best....
[Edited by jb]
December 15th, 2005 11:29 PM
pdog Jagger got no bling!
December 15th, 2005 11:34 PM
jb He has no r/s with any band members outside of touring..they never talk other than when on tour........
December 15th, 2005 11:57 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
He has no r/s with any band members outside of touring..they never talk other than when on tour........

I don't think they talk much on tour...
December 16th, 2005 12:57 AM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

It was wide open until the very end..not an real sell out. Please don't question me,,,I havew proven to be corrct on almost everything I predicted for tyhis tour....like the weak sales of ABB, flay attendance, U2 killing us, etc.......You see, I don't make big money by being wrong too often...I can buy a bigger house if I wanted to or a Maserati!!!! I am simply the best....
[Edited by jb]

Not the best speller either. You can insist on being right all you want, those of us who were actually there know better. I know plenty of people who think they are smart just because they have a lot of money but everyone else around them knows better too. Unless you can provide some sort of documented proof that the Bowl shows were not sellouts, I am going to have to assume you are talking out your ass like usual.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)