ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling stones wembley.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 8th, 2005 12:50 PM
james_1300 is it all seated?

Not standing? Im donfused because ticketmaster are only selling seated....
December 8th, 2005 01:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
james_1300 wrote:
is it all seated?

from the word I am getting is that it is all seated. This will allow more packages with guaranteed front seating available to those willing to spend the big bucks. Young Jake Cohl is really making a name for himself. I am told that the Virtual Ticket will continue in Europe!!!!!
December 8th, 2005 03:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
james_1300 wrote:
is it all seated?

All of the UK shows are all-seated

The money grabbing bastards
December 8th, 2005 03:45 PM
jb How many shows in England will actuallyt sell out?
December 8th, 2005 03:53 PM
Gazza Two

Both in London

then again there are only 3 shows in England

last time I looked Glasgow and Cardiff were in Scotland and Wales respectively
December 8th, 2005 04:02 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Two

Both in London

then again there are only 3 shows in England

last time I looked Glasgow and Cardiff were in Scotland and Wales respectively

So which show will not sell out?
December 8th, 2005 04:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

has U2 recently played in the UK? How were the ticket sales?
December 8th, 2005 04:29 PM
glencar I'm going to Wembley 2 & hopefully that Dublin show. I'd rather stand.
December 8th, 2005 05:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Glasgow wont sell out, neither will Cardiff probably

Sheffield is a possibility (larger population area, small stadium)

they played two arena shows in Glasgow in 2003 and sold them both (about 20,000 tickets) although it wasnt hard to get the tickets

Now theyre playing a 45,000 capacity stadium show where most of the seats are double the price they were in 2003

Insanity
December 8th, 2005 05:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

U2 sold their shows out in June in minutes

Then again, their top ticket price was £85 (the Stones is £150) and they had general admission on the pitch at reasonable prices (about £40 or so).

A much higher proportion of Stones tickets are in the highest price category
December 8th, 2005 06:29 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Look at those gross dollars (these were converted to American dollars for publication in Pollstar at whatever the exchange rate was at the time). Most impressive however were the figures in Dublin with over $7 million a show.

31, 32. Manchester, England : June 14-15, 2005 : City Of Manchester Stadium : GROSS $11,119,740 : ATTENDANCE 107,671 : SHOWS 2 : SELLOUTS 2

33, 34. London, England : June 18-19, 2005 : Twickenham Stadium : GROSS $13,677,410 : ATTENDANCE 110,796 : SHOWS 2 : SELLOUTS 2

35. Glasgow, Scotland : June 21, 2005 : Hampden Park : GROSS $5,819,053 : ATTENDANCE 53,395 : SHOWS 1 : SELLOUTS 1

36, 37, 38. Dublin, Ireland : June 24-25, 27, 2005 : Croke Park : GROSS $21,163,695 : ATTENDANCE 246,743 : SHOWS 3 : SELLOUTS 3

39. Cardiff, Wales : June 29, 2005 : Millennium Stadium : GROSS $6,406,073 : ATTENDANCE 63,677 : SHOWS 1 : SELLOUTS 1
December 8th, 2005 06:36 PM
Gazza yeah but U2 could outdraw the Pope in Dublin!

The only comparison you could make to that with any act would be Springsteen in New jersey (although with Ireland being an island and more geographically isolated its actually even more impressive)

They could probably have sold out ten shows, in all honesty. Thats one of the reasons I went to Glasgow instead. I knew Dublin would be a nightmare to get a ticket for.

In addition, it cost £20 to access U2's fan club presale. For the Stones, it costs three times as much.

No wonder they outdraw the Stones. Their prices arent cheap but theyre affordable. The Stones' prices scare potential fans off - especially younger ones
[Edited by Gazza]
December 8th, 2005 08:04 PM
jb They are om pace to gross 343 million and shatter VL 307!!!!!!!! My god, I hate them!!!!!!!!! And I hate Stones fans that support these bastards!!!!
December 8th, 2005 08:46 PM
Soldatti The U2 tour will break all the world records, I doubt that the Stones tour could get a chance against the monster numbers of U2 worldwide.
December 8th, 2005 08:50 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The U2 tour will break all the world records, I doubt that the Stones tour could get a chance against the monster numbers of U2 worldwide.

Even our higher ticket prices can't help b/c they(U2) will play to over 2 million more idiots. Soldatti, is there any good news?
December 8th, 2005 10:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Even our higher ticket prices can't help b/c they(U2) will play to over 2 million more idiots. Soldatti, is there any good news?

this, combined with the excessive snowfall of which i have already shovelled four times tonite...has put me into depression. We (true stones fans) are being forced to sit idly and watch this happen. i liken this to the time Miss Elizabeth was held and forced to watch the Macho Man Randy Savage hit in the head by a guitar by The Honky Tonk Man....we are truly helpless. Many of my friends and collegues in my line of work will be laughing and pointing at me and other true stones fans if this happens.

Soldatti, you have been a great source for accurate infomation, but this is the one time that I hope you are wrong....sadly, you are a reliable source and can see the writing on the wall.
December 9th, 2005 07:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

people who pay $450 (and in some case thousands, due to desperation or some sort of ego-trip) to see a greatest hits show full of songs that have been played to death are hardly in a position to call anyone 'idiots', to be honest...
December 9th, 2005 09:20 AM
Jack of Hearts I have considered long and hard and have decided against two tickets at nearly 200 quid for upper tier. I will go to Spain and get front of stage for that at either Barca or Cadiz or the odd one, Vallaroid?

Maybe i will get luck outside the stadium, or more likely pissed that i didn,t buy a ticket now!! Oh the dillemas.
December 9th, 2005 10:07 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

people who pay $450 (and in some case thousands, due to desperation or some sort of ego-trip) to see a greatest hits show full of songs that have been played to death are hardly in a position to call anyone 'idiots', to be honest...

We must win Gazza!!!
December 9th, 2005 10:17 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

We must win Gazza!!!

Sadly, it is idiots like Josh and myself that repeatedly pay top dollar for tickets just to keep us ahead of U2. I feel we have done our part!
December 9th, 2005 10:19 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, it is idiots like Josh and myself that repeatedly pay top dollar for tickets just to keep us ahead of U2. I feel we have done our part!

WE simply earn better than most here.........we also understand that U2 (which thankfulkly you left the concert early) is not in the same league as the Stones as far as musical contributuon to our universe. Yes, the idiots who love U2 have made them the most popular band in the world, but they will be forgotten in 100yrs while the Stones will forever be immortalized!!!
[Edited by jb]
December 9th, 2005 10:52 AM
Stray Cat UK Can't believe I've just paid top price for B block at Hamden.

Add me to the list of idiots !

Won't cough up for Wembley though."Seats to be allocated later" WTF !
December 9th, 2005 10:56 AM
jb
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Can't believe I've just paid top price for B block at Hamden.

yOU SHALL BE GREETED!!!
December 9th, 2005 02:38 PM
glencar SC UK you simply must come to Wembley as I am flying "across the pond" for the show.
December 9th, 2005 02:44 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
glencar wrote:
SC UK you simply must come to Wembley as I am flying "across the pond" for the show.

Are you going to sundays or tuesdays show?
December 9th, 2005 02:48 PM
glencar Tuesday is what I have tix for & I might try to get a ticket off a "tout" for Sunday's show.
December 9th, 2005 03:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Can't believe I've just paid top price for B block at Hamden.

I am very proud of you....when I speak of we (true stones fans) it is people like you of whom i am referring!
December 9th, 2005 04:08 PM
ThatsWhatISay Soldatti, with those prices the Stones are heading for the highest grossing tour ever. I can't think of any other outcome. They sold well in the States with most arenas shows sold out and all stadium show either sold out or packed.
With prices to $450 U2 has to sell 2 or 3 tickets to keep up with grossing the same money the Stones do with one single top price ticket.

Of course we have to see how sales in Europe develop, but if they finally manage to fill the stadiums I don't know how U2 could surpass them this time.
December 9th, 2005 04:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
ThatsWhatISay wrote:
Soldatti, with those prices the Stones are heading for the highest grossing tour ever. I can't think of any other outcome. They sold well in the States with most arenas shows sold out and all stadium show either sold out or packed.
With prices to $450 U2 has to sell 2 or 3 tickets to keep up with grossing the same money the Stones do with one single top price ticket.

Of course we have to see how sales in Europe develop, but if they finally manage to fill the stadiums I don't know how U2 could surpass them this time.

Sadly, many tickets were given away by young Jake to give the venues the illusion of a sellout (see Vegas, Detroit, Philly 2, etc) We must defeat the evil empire of U2
December 9th, 2005 04:59 PM
ThatsWhatISay Who is Jake?

Ok, maybe that happened, but I doubt it was in dimensions where is seriously affected the tour gross.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)