ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Please remember John Lennon Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
December 12th, 2005 02:42 AM
Brainbell Jangler Quote:

Croatians? Jeezuz, you mean Aussies are as bad at geography as Americans?
December 12th, 2005 08:00 AM
lotsajizz really...at least you could've said Bosnians or Albanians, most of them are Muslims....Croats are as arch-Catholic as you can get this side of the Vatican
December 12th, 2005 09:49 AM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I feel really sorry for people who lived their whole useless, boring lives hanging on to every word or gesture by some fucker they never knew. When Elvis died, i laughed. When Lennon got new ventilation, i shrugged. Didnt give a stuff, and still dont. When Kurt Cobain changed his hat size, i laughed again and called him a gutless loser to every grunge worshipper i could find. When Linda McCartney went to the great vegetarian restaurant in the sky, i joked with a Beatles/Wings admirer how if she ate meat, she'd still be kicking.

When i was younger and more impressionable, i was sort of sad Jimbo died in the tub. I wanted more Doors. But then, i thought, nah, the guys a dick. You should have heard the comments i made to my metal mates when John Bonham departed this mortal coil. Oh, and hey, dont even get me started on Bon Scott! Or Micahel Hutchence! Boy, did i have fun with him!

When any of the remaining Stones croak, i wont feel a thing except final fact i will never see them in concert again. And jealousy of what a great life they led.

A million better people die every day. Of course i am biased, as i despise all things Beatle, but my feelings equally apply to every other hapless bastard. Lennon may have meant the world to some of you, but dont for a second think YOU meant jack-shit to him.

This is why Joey and I call you the "king".......you are 100% correct. These are stars, stones included, who have had a life we(most of you) can only dream of..............they die, it's sad, but no sadder than a young Israeli girl being blown up bu Islamic terrorists while at a dico-tech in Tel -Aviv.
December 12th, 2005 10:16 AM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:

This is why Joey and I call you the "king".......you are 100% correct. These are stars, stones included, who have had a life we(most of you) can only dream of..............they die, it's sad, but no sadder than a young Israeli girl being blown up bu Islamic terrorists while at a dico-tech in Tel -Aviv.

I agree. I have always thought it odd when people cry over celebrities that they never even knew. I don't mean to sound cold or disrespectful, but I just think that's weird. I only cry over friends and family. I know I will not cry when any of the Stones die. Sure, I'll feel a bit of sadness...but I won't cry. I'd sooner cry for my dad's friends who were killed in Vietnam.
December 12th, 2005 10:21 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I'd sooner cry for my dad's friends who were killed in Vietnam.

Let me tell ya Gyps. ...........

" The 'Nam " was no picnic .........

|
|
|
V

December 12th, 2005 02:08 PM
texile
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I agree. I have always thought it odd when people cry over celebrities that they never even knew. I don't mean to sound cold or disrespectful, but I just think that's weird. I only cry over friends and family. I know I will not cry when any of the Stones die. Sure, I'll feel a bit of sadness...but I won't cry. I'd sooner cry for my dad's friends who were killed in Vietnam.

i remember when john died - the next morning at school waiting for 1st period...
my friend was crying - real tears of grief and i felt like a cold bitch because i wasn't, couldn't and didn't want to.
i didn't get it then and i don't get it now - i love and honor the artist, the individual and am grateful to thier impact on my life though music and whatnot - but i won't be shedding a tear over the stones either.........

December 12th, 2005 03:42 PM
FPM C10 Man, WHAT is so hard to figure out about this? We don't cry over the death of a person we never met. At least I don't. We cry for OUR loss, for the part of OUR lives that has been taken from us, and if they died young, we cry for the songs that never got sung, for what could have been.

It's entirely selfish. Sometimes, as when someone like Johnny Cash dies, we cry for a part of America that will never be replaced.

When I get choked up over John Lennon, it's my childhood I'm crying about, not him personally. It's what he represented to me. And you bet I'll cry when the Stones cash in their chips. I'll cry for ME, not for them.
December 12th, 2005 03:44 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
When I get choked up over John Lennon, it's my childhood I'm crying about, not him personally. It's what he represented to me. And you bet I'll cry when the Stones cash in their chips. I'll cry for ME, not for them.

Fleabit ...........................

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently and sweetly stroke your young , sweaty , moist , glistening , GLISTENING young Fleabit forehead and just say ............... Thanks ...... for being ........ well ............. You's !

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

Tookie ! ®

[ Edited by Baby Steel Magnolia ]
[Edited by Joey]
December 12th, 2005 04:31 PM
jb Imagine all the bowel movements, Joey made today.
You may call me a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one,
Someday he will eat less fiber
and the world will be uncaked!!!
December 12th, 2005 05:21 PM
gypsy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Man, WHAT is so hard to figure out about this? We don't cry over the death of a person we never met. At least I don't. We cry for OUR loss, for the part of OUR lives that has been taken from us, and if they died young, we cry for the songs that never got sung, for what could have been.

It's entirely selfish. Sometimes, as when someone like Johnny Cash dies, we cry for a part of America that will never be replaced.

I still think it's gay. I only get sad when I remember friends and special times in my life when wonderful non-famous people who were in my life are now gone.
December 12th, 2005 05:39 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Imagine all the bowel movements, Joey made today.
You may call me a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one,
Someday he will eat less fiber
and the world will be uncaked!!!

Them's bowels be Truckin' TODAY ...........!!!!!

Batter Up !!!! :

**** END TRANSMISSION ******
December 12th, 2005 06:09 PM
time is on my side Do our close friends or family have albums where you can hear their voice, hear the songs they sing, the art they create??? Maybe some do but, my guess is they weren't cultural icons like say the Beatles or Stones

Do our close friends or family come into our living rooms, our TV sets where you can see their faces on a national TV program OR a movie screen where they spoke a line which you remembered as a kid??

So no one here will feel sad if Charlie Watts, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie pass away and the STONES are no more??? Interesting thought.

I agree that it's a little wierd when people get consumed with their personal lives. Since I don't know them personally, why should I care???? Some like to think they know them as people even though they've never met them. That's a little strange. Me, I'm mainly concerned about their art.

People need to separate entertainment from real life. The two are not the same. Yet, for me, when someone I care about as an artist passes away; someone I've grown up caring about as an artist passes away; yeah, I'm going to feel sad when that artist is no longer with us. Through that art he/she made me think or made me feel something deep inside. There was a human connection through the art. When that artist is gone, I'm going to feel sad. That's human nature.

[Edited by time is on my side]
December 12th, 2005 08:31 PM
corgi37 Oh, gimme a freaking break!

You know, when Lennon got blasted, and all the odd balls with round glasses and out of tune accoustic guitars sang "Imagine" for hours and hours in NYC, some thing like 3 people got shot! No doubt, fed up with middle aged hippies crying their eyes out and demanding people "give peace a chance, or i'll kick your teeth in!".

Yet the same people who "say" they idolised Lennon DID NOT BUY his solo stuff! THey didnt. Because they didnt really sell in large numbers. Some one was lying! "He means so much to me! But, er, i aint buying Shaved Fish, man".

I watched a bit of "Imagine" last night. The scene with a "fan" chatting to Lennon on his porch. The guy was like "You wrote this song (carry that weight) for me". Lennon: "How could i? I dont know you?" Fan: "But it all fits!"

Boy, did i laugh my head off! Lennon said then he only wrote songs about himself or Yoko. Which, i guess, shows how much he was a liar. He also wrote a shit load about Macca! lol.

And the walrus was Paul! Goo-goo-ga-joob! hahahaha.

If some one comes into you living room on tv, you hear them on the radio, you buy their stuff, and they croak. And you feel you lost some thing and your life has changed and will never be the same - then you are missing out on something. Like a chromosome. Sheesh - Beatles fans, so old, so fast, they grow! How many Lennon fans dressed like him? I'd love to know the sales figures on little round glasses when he died. Like Double Fantasty - WHICH MORE OR LESS FLOPPED!!! - suddenly shot up the charts. It's like a cargo cult.

When Ringo checks out, is going to be remembered as the best drummer in the world? The luckiest bastard in history? Or as "the funny one?" Are sales of his solo records going to race up the charts?

yeah, more than likely. hahaha - damn!! hahaha.

It's the same with these Elvis twits. Christ, let it go. Get a life. I dont mind people mourning and remembering, but it makes me sad (for them!) that just because some one "changed" their lives, they gotta have a bloody shrine to them. We have people here who have whole houses decorated in their teams colors, who in the off season watch replays of games, who call their pets after footballers, who dress only in team colors. Yeah, i'd wanna go to war with that person! hahaha.

I guess i feel the same way with any fanatic. Maybe even Stones fans! Open your front door, walk out in the sunshine, and get a life. I repeat - and 100% mean it - when the Stones finish up, i'll be sad. Sure. But then, they've had a good run. When they start dropping off this mortal coil, i'll raise a beer to each one (assuming i am still around!!!) and thank them for the music. But am i gonna cry and moan and gather on a street corner with my Hummingbird and play "Back to zero" all night long?

NO!!

I will of course mourn greatly when Samantha Fox dies. Man, she changed my life! Jo Guest too.

Look at the Michael Jackson defenders. How much can this idiot get away with? Its not about guilty or not, its about race. Particularly in the U.S. But, elsewhere, its people with no life. And no taste! lol.

P.S.
Now, as for that Ghandi prick and that Mother Teresa bitch.

And that Jesus guy - boy, dont get me started!

December 12th, 2005 08:56 PM
Brainbell Jangler quote:

I doubt it. When John Lennon was asked if he thought Ringo was the best drummer in rock, he responded, "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles."
December 12th, 2005 09:20 PM
jb Corgi is the King......long live the King!!!!
December 12th, 2005 09:45 PM
Bloozehound This thread is a fuckin' riot

fuckin hippies man

lmfao!!
December 12th, 2005 10:16 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Corgi is the King......long live the King!!!!

Put him on the GREET LIST!
December 12th, 2005 11:04 PM
Brainbell Jangler Right. You can greet him in Croatia the next time you're both in the Middle East.
December 12th, 2005 11:23 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

But am i gonna cry and moan and gather on a street corner with my Hummingbird and play "Back to zero" all night long?

hilarious!!
December 13th, 2005 12:37 AM
Brainbell Jangler I have to agree with Bloozehag on this one. This is a great thread. What I like about it is how it displays the whole spectrum of intelligence among Stones fans: from FPMC10 at one end to Bloozewhore at the other.
December 13th, 2005 01:05 AM
glencar People were lined up in Central Park last week for the anniversary of the assassination. Fuckin' weird, man!
December 13th, 2005 01:09 AM
Brainbell Jangler And the day before that, a bunch of aged warriors gathered in Hawaii to remember Pearl Harbor. How weird is it, really?
December 13th, 2005 01:37 AM
glencar Um, they actually knew those who were killed at Pearl Harbor. You're not impressing me much.
December 13th, 2005 01:50 AM
Brainbell Jangler I imagine a lot of those folks in Central Park were the usual crowd of hangers-on and media-hungry sheep. But many others certainly felt that John Lennon had touched and changed their lives as much as the old vets' war buddies had touched theirs. You are free to dismiss or disregard that feeling and to insist that only direct personal acquaintance counts. That position has been expressed by a number of posters on this board. But in an age of mass media and mass culture, a different perspective is at least plausible.
December 13th, 2005 04:54 AM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
People were lined up in Central Park last week for the anniversary of the assassination. Fuckin' weird, man!

What a bunch of nerds.
December 13th, 2005 09:21 AM
corgi37

War veterans, for the most part, died defending their country. Right or wrong, they were real heroes. It's heart wrenching to talk to survivors of wars who still cry over lost friends/relatives. These blokes saw true horror, and in the case of Pearl Harbour, treachery! I've been there, and it's a sensational and fitting memorial.

Lennon died by being Lennon. Some nutbag decided he had to die to get his identity. I'll admit this. That it was pretty pathetic way to die.

But, hey, some of the "heroes" people sob over had awesome deaths!

Elvis died on a freaking toilet, defending his gut, his wealth, his kung fu outfits and the massive turd that killed him.

Dont forget Hendrix! Ewww, what a way to go! Bon Scott & Bonham too!

And, i dare anyone to challenge me that Kurt Cobain's death wasnt the funniest bloody thing in modern rock history. Though i think Michael Hutchence's, painted toe nails and all, was pretty bloody amusing.

I aint too precious either. It's so ironic Stu died in a doctors surgery. Imagine being the poor sucker with the next appointment! I'd go see another quack.

Anyway, here's some boobs.
December 13th, 2005 09:49 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
[...]

P.S.
Now, as for that Ghandi prick and that Mother Teresa bitch.

And that Jesus guy - boy, dont get me started!

Hey Corgi, you don't need to go too far like this man.... cool out your hate man.....
December 13th, 2005 09:53 AM
J.J.Flash ...although I must remind you that almost 90% of things you write I share the same poing of view you do, I'm just stating that on this one I can't accept 20% of things you said (except for soldiers and cops). You don't need to start talking or mocking about religion or whatever to reinforce your opinion, do you? I think you are clever and polite enough to avoid mix these things up.
December 13th, 2005 12:43 PM
glencar You're right Jay Jay but Corgi's essential point is right about celebrity gaining too much currency these days. Richard Pryor was a great comic but in the end, he was an old man with a dread disease. Let him rest in peace would be nice but one of those Entertainment News shows had the hostess in his (Pryor's!) home giving a report. Howe sad.
December 13th, 2005 04:21 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

What a bunch of nerds.

Gypsy ................................

I'm a little ' Smelly ' down there today ....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)