ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Please remember John Lennon Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
December 9th, 2005 11:08 AM
FPM C10
quote:
the good wrote:

Yeah, that might have been well advised.

OK...screw you.

Happy now?
December 9th, 2005 11:37 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Lennon , like Elvis, is glorified more in death than in life. Again, it was tragic that Lennon was killed, but as pointed out above, lets not make a saint out of the guy. He was no better or worse than any other self-indulgent pop star.

My Joshy need not be idealized ;
Or enlarged at ' Shidobee ' beyond what he was at ' Rocks Off ' .
He IS to be remembered as a kind and decent man ;
A man who saw wrong and tried to right it ...
Saw suffering and tried to heal it ...
Saw War and tried to STOP it .

And those of us who loved him ** Young Joey's voice now cracking with visceral and heartfelt emotion *** ;
And who take him to his ' transition ' here today .
Know that what he was and what he stood for ;
Will someday come to pass for all the world .
As he said many times in many posts throughout the decades ;
" Some Men see message boards the way they are and say , ' Why ?!?! ' ..... ' WHY ?!?! ' .........
I dream of message boards that never were and say , ' WTF ?!?! ' !!!!!!!! "

I Thank You For Your time Today !

December 9th, 2005 12:44 PM
KeepRigid As my lawyer used to say, we should at least try to remember those who have come before us.

------------------------------------------
Man Creates Paris Hilton Christmas Shrine
Dec 9, 9:04 AM EST

See Paris Hilton in all her seductive splendor, striking a provocative pose for passing motorists and spreading hot Christmas cheer in a chilly Rhode Island winter.

Blown-up images of Hilton and strings of pink Christmas lights adorn the front lawn of a home in a middle-class neighborhood of this city, part of a head-turning holiday display that pays homage to the famed hotel heiress.

The over-the-top pictorial is the work of Joe Moretti, a 38-year-old designer who was arrested last year for trespassing on Martha Stewart's property in Maine.

Passersby get an eyeful of Hilton sporting a tiny pink top hiding little of her chest, or wearing knee-high boots and a sultry pout or holding a finger to her lips. Even Hilton's faithful Chihuahua, Tinkerbell, is celebrated in a colorful portrait.

"If it's offending anyone, I apologize," Moretti said in a telephone interview Thursday.

"That's not the intent. The intent is to be different and to be creative and let them see a little bit of Hollywood or New York — bring it to Cranston," Moretti explained.

A number of cars slowed or came to a complete stop on the busy road as they passed Moretti's house Thursday afternoon, the better to ogle a life-sized shot of Hilton with high boots, legs spread and eyes partly closed.

Moretti's display includes a list entitled "How to Be a Hilton," complete with tips such as: "An entrance is everything," "NEVER wake before 10 a.m." and "NEVER spend the summer in NYC."

Neighbors in Cranston, just south of Providence, had mixed reactions.

"It's nothing more than they could see on TV, on normal stations — or actually at school," said Stefanie D'Angelos, 28, who has four children.

Added Frank DelSanto, who said he was near 80: "People should not be ashamed of their sexuality — male or female."

But others were bothered.

"It has nothing to do with the holiday, and it doesn't suggest anything that's appropriate to this time of year," said Judy Gershman, 57, who said she had hadn't looked closely at the display.

Ron Raffonelli, 65, said he would be upset if his young grandchildren came to associate Christmas with naked woman.

He'd prefer the kids to think of Santa Claus instead.

After all, Raffonelli said, "He's been around longer."

This is the latest in a series of artistic lawn displays decorating Moretti's lawn. Last year, he paid tribute to Martha Stewart even as he and another man faced charges for sneaking on to the domestic maven's property. The charges were later dismissed, and the men donated money to public libraries near the property. Moretti calls the incident a "big misunderstanding."

Moretti has made past tributes to Madonna, Princess Diana and Liberace.

He came upon his latest subject after meeting Hilton in a store in the Hamptons, and said he found himself fascinated.

"She was just very sweet," Moretti recalled. "So I said, 'Wow, this year I think I'm going to do a Paris Hilton Christmas.'"
December 9th, 2005 01:10 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

My Joshy need not be idealized ;
Or enlarged at ' Shidobee ' beyond what he was at ' Rocks Off ' .
He IS to be remembered as a kind and decent man ;
A man who saw wrong and tried to right it ...
Saw suffering and tried to heal it ...
Saw War and tried to STOP it .

And those of us who loved him ** Young Joey's voice now cracking with visceral and heartfelt emotion *** ;
And who take him to his ' transition ' here today .
Know that what he was and what he stood for ;
Will someday come to pass for all the world .
As he said many times in many posts throughout the decades ;
" Some Men see message boards the way they are and say , ' Why ?!?! ' ..... ' WHY ?!?! ' .........
I dream of message boards that never were and say , ' WTF ?!?! ' !!!!!!!! "

I Thank You For Your time Today !

Now that's posting...you may take the rest of the day off!!!
Enjoy the Quest center this weekend? Is the rodeo in town?
December 9th, 2005 02:00 PM
Joey " Is the rodeo in town? "

December 9th, 2005 02:34 PM
glencar LOL That's one Hick town fer sure!
December 9th, 2005 02:54 PM
the good
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

OK...screw you.

Happy now?

LOL. Yeah. No offense meant, FPM.
December 9th, 2005 03:02 PM
FPM C10 None taken! I really wish there was some sort of way to indicate mild sarcasm - as most of what I say is steeped in it. It seems like you understood that, though, and I'm happy about that.

Er...and I wasn't being sarcastic when I said that!

Gotta jet - leaving work early to take my baby to see Fiona Apple.
December 9th, 2005 04:45 PM
the good Have a great time. I always thought she was cool.
December 9th, 2005 08:06 PM
jb I shall remember John during my bowel movement this evening....sadly, I always thought he was shit....but nonetheless, really terrible that some fucking sicko could take hm from his fans and family....
[Edited by jb]
December 9th, 2005 09:20 PM
glencar I will remember the tasty burritos whilst I have my bowel movement!
December 9th, 2005 09:34 PM
glencar Joshy, check out my post "over there" about my favorite John Lennon era.
December 10th, 2005 08:25 AM
corgi37 I feel really sorry for people who lived their whole useless, boring lives hanging on to every word or gesture by some fucker they never knew. When Elvis died, i laughed. When Lennon got new ventilation, i shrugged. Didnt give a stuff, and still dont. When Kurt Cobain changed his hat size, i laughed again and called him a gutless loser to every grunge worshipper i could find. When Linda McCartney went to the great vegetarian restaurant in the sky, i joked with a Beatles/Wings admirer how if she ate meat, she'd still be kicking.

When i was younger and more impressionable, i was sort of sad Jimbo died in the tub. I wanted more Doors. But then, i thought, nah, the guys a dick. You should have heard the comments i made to my metal mates when John Bonham departed this mortal coil. Oh, and hey, dont even get me started on Bon Scott! Or Micahel Hutchence! Boy, did i have fun with him!

When any of the remaining Stones croak, i wont feel a thing except final fact i will never see them in concert again. And jealousy of what a great life they led.

A million better people die every day. Of course i am biased, as i despise all things Beatle, but my feelings equally apply to every other hapless bastard. Lennon may have meant the world to some of you, but dont for a second think YOU meant jack-shit to him.
December 10th, 2005 10:22 AM
glencar
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I feel really sorry for people who lived their whole useless, boring lives hanging on to every word or gesture by some fucker they never knew. When Elvis died, i laughed. When Lennon got new ventilation, i shrugged. Didnt give a stuff, and still dont. When Kurt Cobain changed his hat size, i laughed again and called him a gutless loser to every grunge worshipper i could find. When Linda McCartney went to the great vegetarian restaurant in the sky, i joked with a Beatles/Wings admirer how if she ate meat, she'd still be kicking.

When i was younger and more impressionable, i was sort of sad Jimbo died in the tub. I wanted more Doors. But then, i thought, nah, the guys a dick. You should have heard the comments i made to my metal mates when John Bonham departed this mortal coil. Oh, and hey, dont even get me started on Bon Scott! Or Micahel Hutchence! Boy, did i have fun with him!

When any of the remaining Stones croak, i wont feel a thing except final fact i will never see them in concert again. And jealousy of what a great life they led.

A million better people die every day. Of course i am biased, as i despise all things Beatle, but my feelings equally apply to every other hapless bastard. Lennon may have meant the world to some of you, but dont for a second think YOU meant jack-shit to him.

I actually agree with our resident Aussie here. Save your tears for those people whom you actually love & who actually love you back. I cried for John Lennon but it was the media that made me do it. When Macca kicks the bucket, I won't shed a tear. Except maybe for the poor kids from his first marriage. You just know that the aftermath will be hell with that harpie trying to take all their money.
December 10th, 2005 11:18 AM
FPM C10 Wow. Pretty hard figuring out what exactly you guys are saying here. Fuck 'em all, whether they killed themselves, were murdered, died of cancer, hit by a bus - fuck 'em, no matter what they meant to you or anyone. (Because it's not THEM that anyone is sad about, it's how they fit into our lives, what the IDEA of them meant to you, that we tend to think about on the anniversaries of the deaths of prominent people. If you READ what folks have been saying here about Lennon, it's that we loved a lot of his music, it meant a lot to us at an important point in our lives, and we feel cheated that we were robbed of any more of it. Not a personal relationship with the guy.)

So I guess every Veterans Day you guys run around saying "fuck those losers!" and every Easter you laugh at Christians coming out of church.

I'm NOT saying that dead rock stars are equal in importance to veterans - or that John was bigger than Jesus - but the glee Corgi seems to take in not just dissing dead folks, but making sure he does it in the presence of someone who will be insulted by it, is far from admirable.

December 10th, 2005 11:48 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Wow. Pretty hard figuring out what exactly you guys are saying here. Fuck 'em all, whether they killed themselves, were murdered, died of cancer, hit by a bus - fuck 'em, no matter what they meant to you or anyone. (Because it's not THEM that anyone is sad about, it's how they fit into our lives, what the IDEA of them meant to you, that we tend to think about on the anniversaries of the deaths of prominent people. If you READ what folks have been saying here about Lennon, it's that we loved a lot of his music, it meant a lot to us at an important point in our lives, and we feel cheated that we were robbed of any more of it. Not a personal relationship with the guy.)

So I guess every Veterans Day you guys run around saying "fuck those losers!" and every Easter you laugh at Christians coming out of church.

I'm NOT saying that dead rock stars are equal in importance to veterans - or that John was bigger than Jesus - but the glee Corgi seems to take in not just dissing dead folks, but making sure he does it in the presence of someone who will be insulted by it, is far from admirable.

WOW, that's my buddy Fleabit...... I'm proud to call him my biggest cibernetic buddy.....

...and btw... young Jay loves Bon Scott......he was a great, humble man.
December 10th, 2005 04:23 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Wow. Pretty hard figuring out what exactly you guys are saying here. Fuck 'em all, whether they killed themselves, were murdered, died of cancer, hit by a bus - fuck 'em, no matter what they meant to you or anyone. (Because it's not THEM that anyone is sad about, it's how they fit into our lives, what the IDEA of them meant to you, that we tend to think about on the anniversaries of the deaths of prominent people. If you READ what folks have been saying here about Lennon, it's that we loved a lot of his music, it meant a lot to us at an important point in our lives, and we feel cheated that we were robbed of any more of it. Not a personal relationship with the guy.)

FPM, I knew you were my favorite for a reason. You usually are saying what I'm thinking. You just do it a hell of a lot better. Thanks, mate.
December 11th, 2005 12:08 AM
Starbuck fleabit is, indeed, one hell of a honkie.

December 11th, 2005 10:44 AM
FPM C10 I usually "get" your stuff, Starbucko, but I'm puzzled by that one. Who is it? What is he dressed as? What's it got to do with me or John Lennon?
December 11th, 2005 11:11 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
.....and every Easter you laugh at Christians coming out of church.

I do that every Sunday, irregardical of whether its Easter or not.
December 11th, 2005 12:17 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

So I guess every Veterans Day you guys run around saying "fuck those losers!"

No, thats only people who voted for Arnold Schwarzenegger.
December 11th, 2005 06:31 PM
corgi37 I feel like crying! Every one picks on me. Nevermind that i deserve it.

Me dissing dead people has got nothing to do with it. Nearly every joke or amusing story involves pain or injury to another person.

No one ever told a Titanic joke?

Anyway, Lennon doesnt deserve my sympathy. He wore glasses. Never trust anyone who wears glasses!

(NOW, I AM REALLY DUCKING FOR COVER! hahahaha)
December 11th, 2005 07:29 PM
Gimme Shelter RIP John. Thanks for everything.
December 11th, 2005 08:28 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I feel like crying! Every one picks on me. Nevermind that i deserve it.

Me dissing dead people has got nothing to do with it. Nearly every joke or amusing story involves pain or injury to another person.

No one ever told a Titanic joke?

Anyway, Lennon doesnt deserve my sympathy. He wore glasses. Never trust anyone who wears glasses!

(NOW, I AM REALLY DUCKING FOR COVER! hahahaha)

Mothafock says: "Corgi, were you down at the beach today? Y'alls made quite the ruckus."
December 11th, 2005 09:17 PM
the good
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I do that every Sunday, irregardical of whether its Easter or not.

Irregardical? Ha. Did Bush say that, sirmoonie?
December 11th, 2005 09:17 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Mothafock says: "Corgi, were you down at the beach today? Y'alls made quite the ruckus."

hey sirm, so our "race riots" have made the press over there??

it was a sad day, indeed, in our nation's history
December 11th, 2005 09:19 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

hey sirm, so our "race riots" have made the press over there??

it was a sad day, indeed, in our nation's history

Yeah, it was on the news quite a bit, especially on Fox. Sorry to hear about it, SIA. It looked pretty ugly, happens everywhere unfortunatly.
December 11th, 2005 09:24 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

It looked pretty ugly, happens everywhere unfortunatly.

yes, unforunately, you are right - the very hard question is - what is the solution to these problems?? - presuming there is one

December 11th, 2005 11:02 PM
corgi37 Deport all Muslims and "Muslim looking people", provide more beer and get rid of people with moustaches.

I also dont trust people with moustaches.

Seriously, it was unreal, wasnt it? Just heard that lots of SMS messages are circulating for Lebanese, Croatian & other Middle Eastern people to retaliate on Sunday. Should make for good footage!

Just another reason to live in Melbourne.

December 11th, 2005 11:37 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Seriously, it was unreal, wasnt it?

sadly corgi it was all too real

and the bigger concern is that it was the first incident in what may become an "accepted" problem in australian society (melbourne included)

as i said, a sad day for ALL australians

chalk up another victory (along with the huge blow suffered to our civil liberties as a result of our anti-terrorist legislation) for the perpetrators of 9/11 -

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)