ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Happy Birthday Keef!
Header with thanks to sssoul!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RnRHOF Inductees 2008 (NSC) Return to archive
13th December 2007 12:04 PM
Gazza (AP) Madonna was announced as a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee on Thursday along with John Mellencamp, The Ventures, Leonard Cohen and The Dave Clark Five.

A panel of 600 industry figures selected the five acts to be inducted at the annual ceremony, to be held March 10 in New York. To be eligible, artists must have issued a first single or album at least 25 years before nomination.

Madonna Louise Ciccone signed with Sire Records in 1982 and became one of MTV's first stars with "Like A Virgin." Madonna constantly altered her image, showing staying power that few '80s stars could muster.

Indiana native Mellencamp became a voice of America's heartland with hits like "Pink Houses," and Cohen's "Suzanne" and "Dress Rehearsal Rag" made him a folk rock icon in the late 1960s.

The Ventures defined instrumental guitar rock in the '60s with "Walk Don't Run" and "Hawaii Five-O" and The Dave Clark Five were one of the most successful British invasion bands with "Glad All Over."

___

On the Net:

http://www.rockhall.com/

13th December 2007 12:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
(AP) Madonna was announced as a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee on Thursday along with John Mellencamp, The Ventures, Leonard Cohen and The Dave Clark Five.

A panel of 600 industry figures selected the five acts to be inducted at the annual ceremony, to be held March 10 in New York. To be eligible, artists must have issued a first single or album at least 25 years before nomination.

Madonna Louise Ciccone signed with Sire Records in 1982 and became one of MTV's first stars with "Like A Virgin." Madonna constantly altered her image, showing staying power that few '80s stars could muster.

Indiana native Mellencamp became a voice of America's heartland with hits like "Pink Houses," and Cohen's "Suzanne" and "Dress Rehearsal Rag" made him a folk rock icon in the late 1960s.

The Ventures defined instrumental guitar rock in the '60s with "Walk Don't Run" and "Hawaii Five-O" and The Dave Clark Five were one of the most successful British invasion bands with "Glad All Over."

___

On the Net:

http://www.rockhall.com/

13th December 2007 12:23 PM
monkey_man Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
13th December 2007 12:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

excellent post!
13th December 2007 12:30 PM
Nellcote Pug, you are sick way to often, do you need an internist or a psychcologist?
[Edited by Nellcote]
13th December 2007 12:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Pug, you are sick way to often, do you need an internist or a psychcologist?
[Edited by Nellcote]

some argue that both are required. This, along with LZ has been very difficult to stomach!
13th December 2007 01:49 PM
gimmekeef And Skynrd wait......................
13th December 2007 01:57 PM
Child of the Moon Looks like a pretty fallow year.
13th December 2007 02:55 PM
Martha Congratulations Johnny! I knew you would get in this year!

xxoo,
Martha Mellencamp
13th December 2007 03:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I don't really care who gets in. It's who doesn't get in that irritates me...not that I really give a fuck.
13th December 2007 03:02 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
And Skynrd wait......................

LOL...Gee this has been so irrelevant that I didnt notice LS made it in !...Whose next then Boy George?
13th December 2007 03:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

LOL...Gee this has been so irrelevant that I didnt notice LS made it in !...Whose next then Boy George?

Such a great list of Rock and Roll Bands.....Everyone who supports this farce should be ashamed of themselves and cannot be a true stones fan.
13th December 2007 03:04 PM
Joey
quote:

Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I don't really care who gets in.

13th December 2007 03:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

for my baby joey:

13th December 2007 03:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Boy George? He's cool. Just wait until the Culture Club reunion album and tour.
13th December 2007 03:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Boy George? He's cool. Just wait until the Culture Club reunion album and tour.

[Edited by voodoopug]
13th December 2007 05:47 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

for my baby joey:

Bless You Puggy !!!! :

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)