ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1971 Andy Warhol/Craig Braun
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick's song "Old Habits Die Hard" nominated for Golden Globes Awards (NSC) Return to archive
December 13th, 2004 03:32 PM
Monkey Woman http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041213/344/f8h1l.html

Monday December 13, 06:45 PM

British stars up for Golden Globes

Joely Richardson, Imelda Staunton and Kate Winslet are among the British stars nominated for the Golden Globe awards.

Staunton, 48, is up for the best actress title for her performance as a back-street abortionist in the Mike Leigh film Vera Drake.

Kate Winslet has been nominated for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, while Joely Richardson has a best actress nomination in the TV category for her role in US drama Nip/Tuck.

Other British names include a supporting role nomination for Clive Owen for his part in the romantic drama Closer.

Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera is up for best musical or comedy film. In the TV category, British star Ian McShane is also up for Deadwood. Miranda Richardson is up for BBC drama The Lost Prince, Patrick Stewart for The Lion in the Winter and Emily Watson for the Life and Death of Peter Sellers.

Staunton's role as the backstreet abortionist in 1950's England has already bagged her a clutch of gongs at the European Film Awards, Los Angeles Film Critics' Association and Venice Film Festival.

She also received a New York Film Critics' Circle Award. The actress said: "The awards are a bonus. But this isn't a time in my life when my head is going to spin. I can stay level headed."

Mick Jagger and ex-Eurythmics star Dave Stewart are up for best song for Alfie.

Other nominees include Scarlett Johansson, Nicole Kidman, Uma Thurman and Renee Zellweger.

The awards, which last year brought a surprise victory for comedian and writer Ricky Gervais, take place on January 16.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/entertainment/10407464.htm?1c

"It's perhaps the most catchy." - Mick Jagger, nominated for the song "Old Habits Die Hard" from the movie "Alfie," on why it was picked over the 13 other songs he worked on for the film.

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
December 13th, 2004 03:34 PM
jb Disgraceful that he gets nominated for a piece of crap song from "Alfie" and we get no record in over 7 years!!

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/drivebyfarting.html

December 13th, 2004 03:36 PM
Joey Disgraceful that he gets nominated for a piece of crap song from "Alfie" and we get no record in over 7 years!!

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/archive/covers/0,16641,1101760531,00.html

[Edited by Joey]
December 13th, 2004 04:09 PM
Madafaka Thnx MW
Great url JB
December 13th, 2004 05:05 PM
KeithRichardsgrl he got nominated for that? .....why
December 13th, 2004 11:34 PM
Soldatti Rollingstone.com

Jagger Looking Golden

Rolling Stone breaks new ground with "Old Habits"

There aren't many show-business firsts left for Mick Jagger, but he scored one today when "Old Habits Die Hard" was nominated for a Golden Globe Award. The song, penned with the Eurythmics' Dave Stewart and featured in Alfie, was the first Jagger had written specifically for a film.
"It's good to do something new," Jagger tells Rolling Stone. "Lots of Stones songs have been quite famously featured in movies, but it's different when you're starting from scratch. It's nice to do it and get nominated for it first time around."

"I've never been to the Golden Globes or the Academy Awards before," adds Stewart. "Me and Mick were laughing because neither of us have been nominated for this before, so we're the two virgins."

The other songs up for Globes are the Counting Crows' "Accidentally in Love" (from Shrek 2); Wyclef Jean's "Million Voices" (Hotel Rwanda); Glen Ballard and Alan Silvestri's "Believe," performed by Josh Groban (The Polar Express); and Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Learn to Be Lonely" (The Phantom of the Opera). Sideways was the most-nominated film, with seven nods, while Closer -- which Jagger cites as his favorite movie of the year -- grabbed five.

The success of the Alfie soundtrack -- which included two other Jagger/Stewart songs, along with instrumental compositions -- may well inspire future movie work, although Jagger has his reservations. "It's quite tricky because it's such a big committee -- it's a committee being in a band, and it's even a bigger committee doing songs for a movie," he says. "I'm not very happy with committees -- I like to do what I like to do, but if the right movie comes along I would do that."

The Golden Globe nominations are often reliable predictors for those of the Academy Awards, but Jagger doesn't want to speculate on "Old Habits"' Oscar prospects. "One thing at a time, dear boy," he says. "One thing at a time."

The sixty-second annual Golden Globe Awards will take place in Los Angeles on January 16th.

BRIAN HIATT
(Posted Dec 13, 2004)
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood