ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1971 Andy Warhol/Craig Braun
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The 1950's Return to archive
December 11th, 2004 09:42 AM
Ten Thousand Motels ? Pure Rock N Roll?????
December 11th, 2004 10:32 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff yes, pure energy,
here they come:
CHUCK BERRY*****
LOUIS PRIMA******
GENE VINCENT
LINK WRAY
LITTLE RICHARD
RITCHIE VALENTS

What a wonderfull rockin' days should be!
December 11th, 2004 10:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I kind of blame the dj's....their collective memory stops in 1965 or so. So on "classic radio" you get this repetitive 1965-1980 mix of music. I mean alot of it's great stuff....but it's played over and over. Kind of a fucked up demographic.
December 11th, 2004 11:01 AM
J.J.Flash What about THe Killer?!?!?
December 11th, 2004 11:09 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
What about THe Killer?!?!?

All the Sun Studio guys.
Everley Bros.
December 11th, 2004 11:14 AM
J.J.Flash Hey Motsie.... you look great with that moustache in the 70's.... did I tell you this before? Do you still wear one?

Living in the USA in the seventies surely could have been the best thing a man would wish......specially a Rock'n'Roll addicted like poor J.J.Flash
December 11th, 2004 11:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >"Hey Motsie.... you look great with that moustache in the 70's.... did I tell you this before? Do you still wear one?"<

Most of the time. I don't,or didn't age, that much. The only thing now is all that white around the edges. To dye or not to dye...that is the question.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
December 11th, 2004 11:47 AM
J.J.Flash Where is your avatar?? I used to like that one with Stefano...... sorta gangster you know
December 11th, 2004 11:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Where is your avatar?? I used to like that one with Stefano...... sorta gangster you know

Oh well. Avatars are like underwear...you should change them at least once in awhile.
December 11th, 2004 11:55 AM
J.J.Flash I have never changed mine.....maybe should start thinking about it....
December 11th, 2004 02:50 PM
Soldatti And this decade?
-Clowns-Rapers
-carbon copy rock groups
-pop-dance
-no BIG rock bands
Even the 80's and 90's were best decades...
December 11th, 2004 02:55 PM
J.J.Flash This generation sucks dear hermano......oaaaaaah the 70's.......... if I had a time machine.......I would use anal plugs in public, going naked to the mall if I had a time machine.......
December 11th, 2004 03:13 PM
Soldatti
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
This generation sucks dear hermano......oaaaaaah the 70's.......... if I had a time machine.......I would use anal plugs in public, going naked to the mall if I had a time machine.......

If you get one...SAVE ME A PLACE!
December 11th, 2004 03:35 PM
kath 50's were great!!! and the early 60's before the "invasion"......

doo wop and jerry lee and little richard, chuck berry!! i love that era! ricky nelson!!! swoon...........

sweet memories.....AM radio....
December 11th, 2004 04:01 PM
padre Jerry Lee Lewis
Little Richard
Elvis 1954-56
Johnny Burnette Rock'n'Roll Trio
Gene Vincent and his Blue Caps
Eddie Cochran

You can't top those cats.
December 11th, 2004 08:12 PM
Stonesprofessor You guys ever hear Louis Jordan?? Lotsa 50's folks copped from that dude....especially Chuck...
December 12th, 2004 06:32 AM
Navin

FATS DOMINO

December 12th, 2004 06:31 PM
stonedinaustralia a bit more country than rock and roll but don't forget Patsy Cline
December 12th, 2004 10:25 PM
Stonesprofessor
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
a bit more country than rock and roll but don't forget Patsy Cline

Hell..lets not forget that Hank Williams (SR) aint nothin but a blues singer that happ to have been caucasian...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood