ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1971 Andy Warhol/Craig Braun
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So....... Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 10th, 2004 02:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot .....anyone figure it out yet?
December 10th, 2004 02:11 PM
Snappy McJack You are gross. Ew.
December 10th, 2004 02:11 PM
caro You were protesting against the direction this board has taken lately?...
December 10th, 2004 02:12 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
.....anyone figure it out yet?

How many Manhattans you had yesterday?

It is a mystery that will forever remain unsolved

Fill a mixing glass with cracked ice. Add whiskey and sweet vermouth. Stir and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a cherry.
December 10th, 2004 02:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels ?????
Figured what out???? What's to figure out?
December 10th, 2004 02:25 PM
BILL PERKS WW SPRITZERS AND ROOSTER 2NITE .THE FINEST KIND
December 10th, 2004 02:30 PM
jb "It's Coming"
December 10th, 2004 02:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
"It's Coming"

Yup. Just another day at the office.
December 10th, 2004 02:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot I was stone cold sober when I did that.

December 10th, 2004 02:51 PM
Phog Were you making fun of another board's silly poll questions?
December 10th, 2004 02:54 PM
doo doo doo Dude Whatever you were doing it was stone cold lame.
December 10th, 2004 02:55 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

I was " UP " most of the evening giving the matter my " Up"most attention and after careful analysis and compelling consideration , I have come to the astute conclusion that the answer lies in ...............**************** END TRANSMISSION ***************

Stinky ! ™
December 10th, 2004 03:50 PM
gypsy You were being KENO...asinine polls
December 10th, 2004 03:55 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
You were being KENO...asinine polls

December 10th, 2004 03:57 PM
gypsy Those emoticons won't be able to help you out tonight, joey.
December 10th, 2004 04:06 PM
Riffhard OK SS we're all stumped. So how's about letting us in on the secret? C'mon my man we's just gots to knows!

Riffhard
December 10th, 2004 04:11 PM
Lazy Bones You're...hosting a Rocks Off Superbowl party...?
December 10th, 2004 04:11 PM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
OK SS we're all stumped. So how's about letting us in on the secret? C'mon my man we's just gots to knows!

Riffhard

" U.S. airliner lands in Vietnam for first time in three decades "

" Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - A U.S. passenger jet landed in Vietnam today, the first since the Vietnam War ended nearly 30 years ago.

United Airlines Flight 869, from San Francisco, arrived in Ho Chi Minh City, formerly Saigon, at shortly after 10 p.m. today (8 a.m. MST).

The flight - carrying 347 people, including some Vietnamese who fled their country after the war - was the first U.S. commercial plane to touch down at Tan Son Nhat International Airport since the wartime capital of South Vietnam fell to the communists in 1975.

VIPs emerging from the blue and white plane were greeted by Vietnamese women wearing traditional white tunics, or ao dais, and holding lotus blossoms and silk lanterns.

U.S.-Vietnam relations have improved considerably in recent years. The two countries established diplomatic ties in 1995, and in 2001 they signed a landmark trade agreement, followed by an aviation pact last year.

In November 2003, the first U.S. Navy ship since the Vietnam War docked on the Saigon River.

United Airlines, which filed for bankruptcy two years ago, is betting the daily flight to Vietnam will be a big moneymaker. Some 1 million ethnic Vietnamese who live in the United States, the largest population outside Vietnam, and many visit their homeland every year.

The carrier says it expects air travel to Vietnam to grow by 10.5 percent a year in the next decade.

Among the flight's passengers was 48-year-old Van Trinh, one of the tens of thousands of Vietnamese who fled the country in boats after the war.

"I'm excited to see Vietnam now because 30 years is too long," she said before boarding the Boeing 747-400.

The country is also a popular destination with American veterans who want to see how it has changed.

"The United Airlines link between the two countries will not only serve Vietnamese nationals living in America, but I was told that 45 million Americans wanted to travel to Vietnam, and that is a very big market," said Nguyen Xuan Hien, Vietnam Airlines president and CEO.

Many Americans who fought in the war have vivid memories of Tan Son Nhat airport, where they caught Pan American "freedom birds" home or to rest stops such as Hong Kong and Japan.

Now-defunct Pan American was the last commercial U.S. airline to fly out of Vietnam before Saigon fell on April 30, 1975.

Meanwhile, Vietnam's state-owned airline has expressed interest in opening its own route to San Francisco by the end of next year, or early 2006.

And American Airlines has established a partnership with Vietnam Airlines Corp. that allows them to complete journeys for each other's passengers. But American does not fly directly to Vietnam.

"The new United Airlines route is a new indicator of the strong relations between the United States and Vietnam," U.S. Ambassador to Vietnam Michael Marine said. "
December 10th, 2004 04:13 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

" U.S. airliner lands in Vietnam for first time in three decades "

" Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - A U.S. passenger jet landed in Vietnam today, the first since the Vietnam War ended nearly 30 years ago.

United Airlines Flight 869, from San Francisco, arrived in Ho Chi Minh City, formerly Saigon, at shortly after 10 p.m. today (8 a.m. MST).

The flight - carrying 347 people, including some Vietnamese who fled their country after the war - was the first U.S. commercial plane to touch down at Tan Son Nhat International Airport since the wartime capital of South Vietnam fell to the communists in 1975.

VIPs emerging from the blue and white plane were greeted by Vietnamese women wearing traditional white tunics, or ao dais, and holding lotus blossoms and silk lanterns.

U.S.-Vietnam relations have improved considerably in recent years. The two countries established diplomatic ties in 1995, and in 2001 they signed a landmark trade agreement, followed by an aviation pact last year.

In November 2003, the first U.S. Navy ship since the Vietnam War docked on the Saigon River.

United Airlines, which filed for bankruptcy two years ago, is betting the daily flight to Vietnam will be a big moneymaker. Some 1 million ethnic Vietnamese who live in the United States, the largest population outside Vietnam, and many visit their homeland every year.

The carrier says it expects air travel to Vietnam to grow by 10.5 percent a year in the next decade.

Among the flight's passengers was 48-year-old Van Trinh, one of the tens of thousands of Vietnamese who fled the country in boats after the war.

"I'm excited to see Vietnam now because 30 years is too long," she said before boarding the Boeing 747-400.

The country is also a popular destination with American veterans who want to see how it has changed.

"The United Airlines link between the two countries will not only serve Vietnamese nationals living in America, but I was told that 45 million Americans wanted to travel to Vietnam, and that is a very big market," said Nguyen Xuan Hien, Vietnam Airlines president and CEO.

Many Americans who fought in the war have vivid memories of Tan Son Nhat airport, where they caught Pan American "freedom birds" home or to rest stops such as Hong Kong and Japan.

Now-defunct Pan American was the last commercial U.S. airline to fly out of Vietnam before Saigon fell on April 30, 1975.

Meanwhile, Vietnam's state-owned airline has expressed interest in opening its own route to San Francisco by the end of next year, or early 2006.

And American Airlines has established a partnership with Vietnam Airlines Corp. that allows them to complete journeys for each other's passengers. But American does not fly directly to Vietnam.

"The new United Airlines route is a new indicator of the strong relations between the United States and Vietnam," U.S. Ambassador to Vietnam Michael Marine said. "

I saw that on the news last night, joey. I thought of you instantly. I'm sure you have some children over there w/ those "mamasans."
December 10th, 2004 04:14 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I saw that on the news last night, joey. I thought of you instantly. I'm sure you have some children over there w/ those "mamasans."

I am NEVER going back !

NEVER !!!!

MAO !!!! *** slap ! *** MAO !!!! *** slap ! *** MAO !!!!

Joey Cong !
December 10th, 2004 04:17 PM
gypsy My mother-in-law went back last year, and hated it. She wanted to come home...she called and said "My country not look like it use to look. I hate it here. I want come home. It not the same." She brought back some beautiful jade and ivory jewelry, and gave me most of it.
December 10th, 2004 04:21 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
My mother-in-law went back last year, and hated it. She wanted to come home...she called and said "My country not look like it use to look. I hate it here. I want come home. It not the same." She brought back some beautiful jade and ivory jewelry, and gave me most of it.

...what about some bling for " Pal Joey " ?!?!
December 10th, 2004 04:28 PM
Riffhard You do know Joey that I lived in Thailand from '68 to '73 didn't you? Yes that's right my friend,I lived there while my father(the colonel) was the CO for a training base in Kuratt(a village near the Laos border). I was a bit too young to take advantage of all that Bangkok had to offer,but I did learn how to curse like sailor in Thai. So I got that going for me.

"Thai food is the gourmet of the Orient Ronnie!"

Riffhard
December 10th, 2004 04:32 PM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
You do know Joey that I lived in Thailand from '68 to '73 didn't you? Yes that's right my friend,I lived there while my father(the colonel) was the CO for a training base in Kuratt(a village near the Laos border). I was a bit too young to take advantage of all that Bangkok had to offer,but I did learn how to curse like sailor in Thai. So I got that going for me.

"Thai food is the gourmet of the Orient Ronnie!"

Riffhard

Is that really true Riffy ?!?!?!?!

Thailand is free today because of the United States .

...........and they thank us with their " most generous " prostitutes .
December 10th, 2004 04:32 PM
Tom
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

You wanna beat Keno in the most boring polls on the net
December 10th, 2004 04:47 PM
Joey " I was stone cold sober when I did that."

December 10th, 2004 04:47 PM
gypsy
quote:
Tom wrote:

You wanna beat Keno in the most boring polls on the net

I already guessed that. I'm sure that's what it is.
However, if he had petitions to sign, then I would have guessed Mizz/Miss U.
December 10th, 2004 04:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Geez....didn't anyone ever hear of satire???

Did it ever occur to anyone that the lameness was intentional???

Lew has nothing to do with it. I couldn't care less about him or his polls.
December 10th, 2004 04:56 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Joey wrote:

Is that really true Riffy ?!?!?!?!

Thailand is free today because of the United States .

...........and they thank us with their " most generous " prostitutes .

How right you are Joey! We did keep Thailand free! I'm also happy to report that I personally helped liberate quite a few Thai sticks in my day. Can't find any off that stuff here in Jersey. I hear it is still readily available on the left coast though. In Thailand they use it in their cooking. Which might help explain why the more Thai food you eat the more hungry you get.

Riffhard
December 10th, 2004 05:11 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Geez....didn't anyone ever hear of satire???

Did it ever occur to anyone that the lameness was intentional???

Lew has nothing to do with it. I couldn't care less about him or his polls.

You are so gross. Ew!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood