ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1971 Andy Warhol/Craig Braun
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: First-Hand Account of Dimebag's Death.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
December 10th, 2004 09:45 PM
Mathijs Everytime someones gets killed the answer is "well, the killer was a crazy guy". Of course, everyone who kills someone is a crazy guy. As Europe has about 5% of the total US killings a) Americans are crazy people who shoot eachother because they just like to or b)if you allow people to carry guns some idiots will use them, causing 20 times more deaths than anywhere else.

You choose.

Mathijs

ps Theo van Gogh was Dutch, not Danish
ps 2 Theo van Gogh was killed with a gun
ps 3 Theo van Gogh is one of the 50 people in Holland killed this year, a rate 20 times lower than the US.

December 10th, 2004 11:06 PM
gypsy
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Everytime someones gets killed the answer is "well, the killer was a crazy guy". Of course, everyone who kills someone is a crazy guy. As Europe has about 5% of the total US killings a) Americans are crazy people who shoot eachother because they just like to or b)if you allow people to carry guns some idiots will use them, causing 20 times more deaths than anywhere else.

You choose.

Mathijs

ps 3 Theo van Gogh is one of the 50 people in Holland killed this year, a rate 20 times lower than the US.

As an American, I am so offended that I will bust a cap in your ass if I happen to run into you during the tour next year.
December 10th, 2004 11:08 PM
kath you too, gypsy?? we will be bustin' caps on these guys all over the world!!!!

what a bout the sweatshirt idea? is that still on? and tell me of this "chicago gathering".....i wanna be there!!!
December 10th, 2004 11:10 PM
Snappy McJack I will not be bustin' caps -- however, I'm willing to bust other things.

December 10th, 2004 11:13 PM
Mijo
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
I will not be bustin' caps -- however, I'm willing to bust other things.

bust nuts, mijo
December 11th, 2004 01:08 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Mijo wrote:

bust nuts, mijo

WOW.... Mijo.....sorta slang for peeing in Portuguese..... funny stuff.....
December 11th, 2004 02:07 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Mathijs wrote:

re: ps -- I never intended to distinguish van Gogh's nationality, only to imply that he was European

re: ps 2 -- I never said differently.

re: ps 3 -- Even Michael Moore isn't so simplistic as that. In "Bowling for Columbine," he conceded there's more to America's gun problem than the number of handguns in circulation. It's cultural, not merely mechanical.
December 11th, 2004 02:32 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Everytime someones gets killed the answer is "well, the killer was a crazy guy". Of course, everyone who kills someone is a crazy guy. As Europe has about 5% of the total US killings a) Americans are crazy people who shoot eachother because they just like to or b)if you allow people to carry guns some idiots will use them, causing 20 times more deaths than anywhere else.

You choose.

Mathijs

Theo Van Gogh may have been killed by a gun,but the murderer used a knife to stab a Islamofascist note into his chest.

Holland is roughly 1/50th the size of the United States. It only makes sense that the USA would have a larger murder rate. Per capita I'd be willing to bet my last dollar on the fact that the vast majority of states inside the USA that are the same size as Holland have a much lower murder rate than does Holland.

Holland has a much higher junkie ratio than does the USA because of their rediculously stupid liberal rational about drugs! I've been to Amsterdam and had a very good time beautiful city,but you could not pay me to live there. It's insane the way they look at themselves as enlightened just because they have liberal drug policies. They are very generous at their methadone clinics! That does not strike me as enlightened,but rather stupid in that it condones junkiedom. While visiting Amsterdam I saw the Van Gogh Museum it was stunning. Then I went to the coffeee shops and enjoyed the "coffee" as I left the shops stoned out of my mind I counted at least 10 smack addicts and that was stunning as well.

If you want to slam the USA for it's violent behaviour you'd be wise to take a look at Europe's recent past my friend. While you're at it you may try and get to the bottom of the rash of anti semitism that is running rampant in Europe. Funny how that doesn't happen here in the good old US of A!

Glass houses and stones don't mix Mathijs.

Riffhard
December 11th, 2004 03:29 PM
sirmoonie Fuck you, Mathjis! If we wanted to be homos, we'd move to France or some other fag country. Real Americans remain armed and vigilantly high. We aren't about to forget the parts of the past that we think we can remember.

"Didden eben hab to use my AK, tuday was a good day, Ronnie!"
December 11th, 2004 05:54 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Fuck you, Mathjis! If we wanted to be homos, we'd move to France or some other fag country. Real Americans remain armed and vigilantly high. We aren't about to forget the parts of the past that we think we can remember.

"Didden eben hab to use my AK, tuday was a good day, Ronnie!"

LOL! Moonie you can't sneak that tongue and cheek reply by me buddy! By the way I do not feel that way at all. Not even close. I just don't like the smug arrogance and self appointed enlightened attitude of Mathjis' post. To cast despersions on the USA is certainly on the rise in Europe and his post points that out. I just find it laughable considering their history that's all. By the way I am very well schooled in history. I refuse to allow people to make stupid assumptions about my coutry when they obviously know so little about our sacrifices to help save theirs.

Riffhard
December 11th, 2004 06:22 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I refuse to allow people to make stupid assumptions about my coutry when they obviously know so little about our sacrifices to help save theirs.

Riffhard

He 's from Holland, Riffwad...the Brits handled that one dumbass (Dempsey. Montgomery, Horrocks, Crera, et.al.). Our role was limited to the 104th ID and four weeks during 'Market Garden' by our two airborne divisions. But being one of those unpatriotic types, unaware of real history, clinging to right wing nutjob fantasies instead, I thought I'd take this time to educate your ignorant heinie....

lie your way out again?

Cazart!!!!

December 11th, 2004 06:58 PM
Bloozehound it always amazes me how self-proclaimed "libs" always claim to be so much damned smarter than everyone they encounter -- especially when refering to those who sit on the opposite side of the political spectrum from them

a bunch of fuckin geniuses they all claim to be, got it all figured out and know what's best for everyone

December 11th, 2004 08:05 PM
Mathijs >As Europe has about 5% of the total US killings a) >Americans are crazy people who shoot eachother because >they just like to or b)if you allow people to carry guns >some idiots will use them, causing 20 times more deaths >than anywhere else.
>You choose.

What I meant here was: "as Europe has about 5% of the total US killings EITHER a) >Americans are crazy people who shoot eachother because they just like to OR b)if you allow people to carry guns >some idiots will use them, causing 20 times more deaths >than anywhere else.
>You choose.

I tried to express my believe (in a cynical way) that in every society there's an equal amount of crazy people, and in my believe every society should try to make it as hard as possible for these crazy people to act as crazy people. I indeed do believe that the much higher ratio of gun victims per habintants in the US than in Holland is due to the higher availability of guns in the US. Of course, the Dutch society I live in is far from perfect, but that doesn't disqualify me from my opininion on the strange right to carry a gun.

Further, reactions like "as an American I am offended and willing to cap you when we meet" of Gypsy, do in my opinion belong to crazy people.

Mathijs
December 11th, 2004 08:31 PM
Riffhard Hey jizzboy I was refering to Europe in general. Did you come over here just to fan flames asshole? I am well versed in history jizzy. It was my minor college moran. Gee,Operation Market Garden,yeah I remember that one now! The US lost over 3500 men in that disaster. 4 weeks? Try nine days big boy! By the way jizzy I don't know where you get your info about the 104th ID,but Market Garden was carried out by the 82nd and 101st Airborn Divisions. The Polish were involved as well and,ofcourse,Monty and the Brits. But you knew that right?

Bottom line is that whether I was refering to the Netherlands or Europe my point still stands. We sacrificed almost 4,000 troops in Holland alone.

This thread is going nowhere and is only pissing people off so with that I'm off it. Feel free to have the last word. However,before you do you should brush up on your history. You should probably start with the book "A Bridge Too Far" I forget the author's name only that it was Cornelius something. You could always google it.

Riffhard
December 11th, 2004 09:07 PM
Bloozehound Mathijs, I'm not trying to speak for Gypsy, but being sorta familiar with her nature I feel pretty safe telling you that she was being facetious with her comment in an attempt to get a rise outta ya incase you were dumb enough to take her seriously, and you've obviously took the cake.

There's no doubt this shooting was a sick and sad incident, but these things are going to happen in a free society, people are gonna abuse their privledges, and they should be punished severly for doing so IMO, but outlawing guns isn't going to stop crazy people from doing their crazy acts if they want too bad enough, it's that simple, besides if they did come to try and take MY guns away I'd pop a cap in their ass
December 12th, 2004 08:08 AM
Mathijs >outlawing guns isn't going to stop crazy people from doing >their crazy acts if they want too bad enough, it's that >simple,

Well, in my simple believe it will. The UK, Germany, France and Holland/Belgium is about the same amount of inhabitants as the US (about 240 million), and are fairly comparable when it comes to big cities and smaller towns. In Germany, France e.a. the possesion of guns is forbidden, and there's total of about 350 deaths by fire arms. In the US there's 13.000 deaths by fire arms EVERY YEAR.

I don't believe the average American and American society is different than the average European and European society, so is it such a strange conclusion that the right to have guns is the main reason for all these deaths in the US?

Mathijs
December 12th, 2004 08:32 AM
telecaster Mathijs very interesting posts

Fascinating in fact

Yes, when one is born in the US (United States) one is given a 1.) Social Security Card & 2.) gun with holster

Mathijs, can you please post the statistics of drug overdoses in your country? Does your government still hand out heroin and other drugs to addicts?

How is "Needle Park" working out?

What is the OD (overdose rate) in your country compared to the US?

Thanks in advance

December 12th, 2004 11:05 AM
sirmoonie As a big fan of Dimebag's name, I'd just like to thank all of you for your support. Dimebag is in heaven now, playing a harp faster than its ever been played before and rocking out in the glory of the Big Lord above, but if he weren't in heaven, I know that he would be touched this thread commemorating his demise.
December 12th, 2004 11:51 AM
Rolling Hansie
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
That's what happens if you allow people to carry guns.

I am very sorry Mathijs. I live in Holland myself, and I love my country. As much as I agree with your opinion on American politics, especially the foreign politics, but this has nothing to do with political view. Your remark is way out of line. A terrible thing has happened. Some crazy guy carried a gun into a rockshow and killed several people. This can happen anywhere. It is just a tragedy, and all you can do is turn it into a political thing. I feel very sad about that.
December 12th, 2004 04:45 PM
F505 I live in Holland too and it makes me sick when some smart asses find it necessary to blame only the Americans when these terrible things happen. Ofcourse these incidents happen everywhere, also in countries where you aren't allowed to carry guns but where it is quite easy to get them like Holland for instance. So it's quite hypocrite to point to the USA when your own country takes half-hearted measures to restrain possession of weapons. So maybe Mathijs you should think about Pim Fortuyn, conrector Van Wieren and Theo van Gogh to name only a few people who got killed by weapons in this 'tolerant' country of ours. Maybe you should take a look at the places where the Hells Angels are keeping their guns without any intervention of the law. Maybe you should stop promoting Holland as a country where everything is all right.
December 12th, 2004 05:38 PM
Mathijs You guys really don't get it. As I have said before: I don't believe Americans are any different than Europeans, and we have crazy people everywhere. In Holland we had shootings just like any other country. I am talking about the AMOUNT of people killed or wounded by guns. The entire country of Holland was in shock as we had the first shooting in school. Compare this the the almost daily shootings on schools in the US.

About drugs: in Holland we make a difference betwen hard and softdrugs. Softdrugs are allowed in limited quantity, hard drugs is not allowed. The total amount of hard drugs users is 3500, a number steady for the last 10 years. This number is -relatively- comparable to the neighbouring countries France and Germany, and slightly lower than the US.

Mathijs

December 12th, 2004 05:52 PM
Mathijs and by the way, if you want to address problems to the Dutch society, its not drugs or weapons. Our problem is a complete clash between original Dutch and imigrants, especially Muslims. For 30 years integration was difficult, but it has exploded the last 2 years. In this we can and must take big Americans city like New York as an example on how to live together in peace, and accept eachother.

Mathijs
December 12th, 2004 06:06 PM
corgi37 You Yanks are so fucking weird. I am sure you love guns more than people. I mean, what was the name of the shit-pot little town where it was illegal NOT to own a gun? Truly bizarre.

I see parrallels with your amazing gun culture, ridiculous worship of "celebrities", surgery make-over shows, invasion of countries (WORLD POLICE - "FUCK YEAH!") and pre-occupation with a game as stupid as your "football". And, fake wrestling.

I think its a penile size deiciency thing.

P.S. And dont go saying i have a small dick. I know how to post pics, and if i have to, i will.

And it wont be pretty!
December 12th, 2004 06:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
and pre-occupation with a game as stupid as your "football".

Now THAT'S hitting below the belt!!!

And as far as the sport of Professional Wrestling, admittedly that's an acquired taste.
December 12th, 2004 08:41 PM
CraigP Let's just give our thoughts to DimeBag, he is worth no more fighting. Please.
December 13th, 2004 01:18 AM
corgi37 I used to love the wrestling, fake or not, when it was...well, real. Fake. But, real-ish. Hulk Hogan, Brutus Beefcake, Rowdy Roddy.

Now its just so stupid. There is hardly any wrestling. Just steroid-loaded "good old boys" with 80's hair.

I dont mind the Diva's though. Oh no, not 1 bit!

Anyway, i dont much about this Douchebag Darrell or whatever he's called. But, for years he was on the covers of all the guitar mags. I guess there is a lesson in this for everyone.

Dont break up da band!!

I mean, can you imagine some fruit cake attempting this in 1988 when Jagger was solo??

It is sad though. I dont think any thing can ever be done to alleviate a situation like this. Particularly in my beloved U.S. Guns and social isolation just dont mix. And this a-hole was in the military as well, wasnt he? Do they have "de-programmer" available when they boot people out? I do love you guys, i just love stirring ya's up as well.

But, you guys just dont want to give em up. You just dont want to regulate them. Well, token regulation maybe. As most of you know, i work for the coppers. Man, we conviscate guns all the time. Every domestic, no matter how trivial, the dude loses his guns. End of story. Getting a licence is harder than passing wind in a vacuum sealed environment. You virtually have a better chance of bonking a model (Did i mention 99% of Aussie girls are model material?).

P.S. I do love ya's, and love teasing, but i am deadly serious about your football. It truly is suckish.

Oh, hey Gazza, if you read this. Did you go to any of the hybrid Aussie Rules/Gaelic football matches Oz & Eire played last month in the Emerald Isle?
December 13th, 2004 12:36 PM
not bound to please
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

I think its a penile size deiciency thing.

P.S. And dont go saying i have a small dick. I know how to post pics, and if i have to, i will.

And it wont be pretty!

Yes!
December 13th, 2004 01:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
P.S. I do love ya's, and love teasing, but i am deadly serious about your football. It truly is suckish.

Well, it sure beats figure skating.
December 13th, 2004 03:48 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You know, this is a really sad thread....in more ways than one.

December 13th, 2004 04:06 PM
sirmoonie Me drinkum heap big firewater!
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood