ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1971 Andy Warhol/Craig Braun
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones recording with Don Was Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 13th, 2004 10:50 PM
corgi37 I think that at this stage of the game, the Stones cant be bothered having some one tell them "That sucks", or "Hey, you are out of tune".

It's pretty obvious that they no longer like being in a studio, and consider it nothing but a chore. Hence, no new cd of originals in nearly 8 years.

Plus, they are plumb out of ideas (particularly Keith)and probably dont want to be embarrassed by a no-nonsense producer.

But, as far as Desperate Houswives goes - That aint nothing compared to Footballers Wives. You Yanks are just too soft. And, for that matter, both shows are not a patch on old, old, old Aussie shows like No 96 or Chances.

We are talking full-frontal. Both male and female.

We lead the world!
December 14th, 2004 01:56 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Jair wrote:

Remember Bob Dylan's Oh Mercy? Was Daniel Lanois. He works very well.

Comparing Dylan to the Stones is like comparing apples to oranges, what's good for Bob isn't necessarily good for the Stones.

This really isn't worth debating, it's too late in the game for them to shift gears, plus they're not interested in doing so, they're cozy with Was.

He's their boy and that's how it is

Having said that, I'll still add that they should drop Was like a bad habit and make the next album a Was(Was Not)(on it) or somesuch & such n' such
December 14th, 2004 06:36 AM
Jair
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
(...)
Having said that, I'll still add that they should drop Was like a bad habit and make the next album a Was(Was Not)(on it) or somesuch & such n' such

Agreed, Bloozehound, about drop Was.
Too bad, anyway, because there's lots of good producers around.
Scott Litt would be my second choice, i think he could create a good sonority with/to Stones.

By now, whatever, as you said.
December 14th, 2004 08:38 PM
Soldatti Sadly they will go on with Don Was and the whole gang.
December 15th, 2004 01:44 PM
jb They are no longer a viable group....they have snippets ot their own music "mixed" together with the result being unmeaningful, boring, moronic, and embarrassing music....
[Edited by jb]
December 15th, 2004 02:29 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
jb wrote:
They are no longer a viable group....they have snippets ot their own music "mixed" together with the result being unmeaningful, boring, moronic, and embarrassing music....
[Edited by jb]

We'll have to wait and see how it ends up, but I kind of agree. They're just looking for a crutch for their next tour. They always like to tour with a product, and it seems like they don't want to dig into archives or anything like that, so they're just recording what will probably turn out to be "canned" Mick songs with Keith "adding the fairy dust," whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean.
December 15th, 2004 02:31 PM
jb http://www.internationalwallofprayer.org/Index-003-Jerusalem-of-Gold-Hebrew-Lyrics.html
December 15th, 2004 09:17 PM
Soldatti They can't tour with another greatest hits again, not so soon...
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood