ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1971 Andy Warhol/Craig Braun
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stevie Wonder Bashes Eminem (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 6th, 2004 01:56 PM
Jair Stevie Wonder Bashes Eminem for Jackson Criticism

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - In a rare public outburst, Stevie Wonder has blasted Eminem for ridiculing Michael Jackson in a video, and suggested the rapper was hypocritical because he owed his success to poor and black people.

Jackson himself has already lambasted Eminem's video for the song "Just Lose It," which makes light of child molestation charges against the self-styled "King of Pop."

Wonder joined the fray by telling Billboard magazine that he was "really disappointed" in Eminem.

"Kicking someone when he's down is not a good thing," Wonder was quoted as telling the music industry trade publication. "I have much respect for his work, though I don't think he's as good as (late rapper) 2Pac. But I was disappointed that he would let himself go to such a level."

Added Wonder, "He has succeeded on the backs of people predominantly in that lower pay bracket, people of color. So for him to come out like that is bull----."

A spokesman for Eminem was not available for comment. The song, hailed by the Los Angeles Times as a "playful look at celebrity voyeurism," is expected to be among the nominees when contenders for the annual Grammy Awards are unveiled on Tuesday.
December 6th, 2004 02:10 PM
Saint Sway even a blind man can plainly see that Eminem is a douchebag
December 6th, 2004 08:52 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
even a blind man can plainly see that Eminem is a douchebag

December 7th, 2004 02:43 PM
Monkey Woman Stevie might also have added that Eminem had made a career out of bashing other acts (Moby, Elton John, now Jackson). And women. And gay people. And his parents. And Bush Jr. And a lot of other things. The guy loves a controversy...
December 7th, 2004 02:59 PM
gimmekeef This Enema guy's a jerk....but anyone who takes on Jacko cant be all bad!
December 7th, 2004 03:03 PM
CraigP Eminem sucks but JACKOff is worse.
December 7th, 2004 03:23 PM
jb Why are they trying to keep this great white rapper down?
December 7th, 2004 03:26 PM
Gazza
quote:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - In a rare public outburst, Stevie Wonder has blasted Eminem for ridiculing Michael Jackson in a video, and suggested the rapper was hypocritical because he owed his success to poor and black people.

I didnt realise that whatever "statement" Eminem was making, it had any relevance to race or poverty. Why bring race into it as a motivation for giving Jacko some shit when there isnt one?

Michael Jackson owes a lot of his success to both poor AND black people too.

And now he's rich and white.

December 7th, 2004 04:02 PM
gypsy I like Eminem...he made it out of the trailer park, just like me.
December 9th, 2004 07:10 AM
Jair Eminem bashes everybody no because he believes in what he singing or because realy hates everybody. Its just a matter of marketing, just like that song which she bash W Bush.
It's just a lot of bullshit coming from his mouth.

And, if you think all those great beats are Eminem creation, it's don't. He use samples from everybody/everywhere. Dre do the same, and do to all his friends too, like Snoop, Ice Cub and anothers not so known.

I use to like Eminem until he becomes this little darling, which he is nowadays...

Pardon about my awful English, peepow. It's just because I'am only a Latin-American guy, with no money in my pockets, with no important relatives and coming from the countryside.

Jair, driving again by the peachtree road .................................................>

December 9th, 2004 07:35 AM
beer eminem. he's a god damn pussy. Can anyone recall a time that he has had a beef with someone who could actually fight back? NEVER. He picks on easy targets, but he would never talk shit about another hip hop artist. Instead he degrades gays and his mom. Yeah, what a tough guy! He's a fuckin bigot and MTV / Rolling Stone treat him like a king, while at the same time condemning everything he brags about.

-
December 9th, 2004 08:08 AM
Bruno Stone [quote]Jair wrote:

Pardon about my awful English, peepow. It's just because I'am only a Latin-American guy, with no money in my pockets, with no important relatives and coming from the countryside.

HahahahahahhaHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH, I KNOW WAHT YOU MEAN HAHAHAH, ESSA FOI BOA JAIR!!! ME CAGUEI DE RIR QUANDO LI ISSO RERERERRE... Belchior No Rocks Off, quem diria...
December 9th, 2004 09:44 AM
Chuck Eminem is an asshole. But Stevie's worse for defending that criminal pedophile.
December 9th, 2004 11:28 AM
gypsy
quote:
beer wrote:
eminem. he's a god damn pussy. Can anyone recall a time that he has had a beef with someone who could actually fight back? NEVER. He picks on easy targets, but he would never talk shit about another hip hop artist. Instead he degrades gays and his mom. Yeah, what a tough guy! He's a fuckin bigot and MTV / Rolling Stone treat him like a king, while at the same time condemning everything he brags about.

-

Remember when he picked on Moby? and that Triump the Insult Dog PUPPET? A fucking puppet...now, that takes the fucking cake.
I don't like Michael Jackson...too many accusations...he's guilty.
December 9th, 2004 11:44 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I don't like Michael Jackson...too many accusations...he's guilty.

Agreed ! He is no " Petey " .

H.R. Puffin Joe !
December 9th, 2004 12:12 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Agreed ! He is no " Petey " .

H.R. Puffin Joe !

I would totally allow you to sleepover with Uncle Petey...but not Michael Jackson. No way.
December 9th, 2004 12:18 PM
glencar No doubt about it, Eminem's a jerk and he does take on the most obvious of targets. Mr. Wonder's anger is severely misplaced however & his arguments are somewhat off-kilter. Of course, his own music has been one long dull ballad & no one should look forward to his next release.
December 9th, 2004 12:20 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
No doubt about it, Eminem's a jerk and he does take on the most obvious of targets. Mr. Wonder's anger is severely misplaced however & his arguments are somewhat off-kilter. Of course, his own music has been one long dull ballad & no one should look forward to his next release.

I agree with you, glencar. Eminem is a jerk. But to make this a racial issue is just idiotic.
December 9th, 2004 12:22 PM
glencar Besides, Eminem made that 8 Mile movie which wasn't that bad.
December 9th, 2004 12:25 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Besides, Eminem made that 8 Mile movie which wasn't that bad.

Kim Basinger was pretty hot in that movie, unlike Eminem's real mom.
December 9th, 2004 12:40 PM
Jair Yep, and Brittany Murphy was hot too, grabbing Eminem all the time. Starving girl!

[Edited by Jair]
December 9th, 2004 12:44 PM
glencar She needed the money!
December 9th, 2004 10:27 PM
Bloozehound as long as they don't touch my Willie everything will be just alright
December 9th, 2004 11:09 PM
Mr. D Eminem is in reality a complete asshole, but a lot of this stuff is a gimmick. He realized he could use his raps to get himself off the streets and make himself into a star with his 'angry white man in a black mans world' thing and that's what he did. Flash forward four albums and he's still doing the SAME shit he did when he first came out. His time has almost ran out, and I can't wait for the day he goes down. He almost got brought down with the whole "race tapes" scandal, but that eventually blew over, mainly because the guy bringing those tapes to the public is one of the most hated men in hiphop, as well as the fact that the media realizes he's a cash cow, so they didn't cover it as much as they would've done so if someone else did it. But, there are some dents in his armor, and eventually this "Great White Hope" will be brought down for good, and be proven for the childish man he is. Just listen to his new record (actually, don't)....it's a bunch of songs that seem marketed to 13 year olds, with typical insults to the same people and fart/burp/armpit sounds. Then he throws in a couple songs about his ex and daughter (wow, we've heard this roughly a million times), then some generic colaborations with Dre or 50 Cent. Top that off with some songs about being opressed against and you have "Encore". And Rolling Stone praises this album with 4 stars, just to prove that they are indeed the biggest joke of a magazine on the planet....I seriously get more laughs from RS then Mad Magazine. Em's just a perfect example of how terrible hip-hop has gotten. It's a parody of itself and needs to end.
December 10th, 2004 01:50 AM
gypsy I like Ice Cube's "Predator" album. It's really rough and full-on. I also like Dr. Dre and Snoop Doggy Dogg's first collaboration--"Deep Cover." Oh, and I also like N.W.A.
December 10th, 2004 07:36 AM
Bruno Stone My 16 old brother LOVES all this rap/hip hop/r'n'b/gangsta/whatever stuff, he spends all the day long listening to it, it drives me mad...

I can't understand the atraction in this shitty music, its just a lot of noises and that repetitive beat... fuck you, fuck white people, fuck cops, fuck my mother, fuck the atmosphere, fuck the sun, fuck the water, fuck everything....

I can't understand this.
December 11th, 2004 11:29 AM
sirmoonie Marshall Mathers is a low grade wigger.

There are very few white people that can kick with the bleeds: me, Gypsy, Larry Bird, Homer, Keith to some extent. Ponces like Eminem should quit trying.
December 11th, 2004 11:39 AM
parmeda moonie, this is for you babe...

BLACK CRIMMUS

Wuz de nite befo Crimmus
An' all ober de hood
ereybody wuz sleepin'
Dey wuz sleepin' good.
We hunged up our stockings
And hoped like de heck
That ol' Sanna Claus
Be bringin' our check!
All o' de fambily
Wuz layin' in de beds
While Ripple and Thunderbird
Dance tru dey heads.
I passed out in de flo
Right next to my maw
When I heard sech a fuss, I thunk
"It must be de law!"
I looked out thru de bars
What covered my doe
Spectin' de sheriff
Wif a warrant fo sho!
And what did I see?
I said, "Lawd, look at dat!"
Ther' wuz a huge watta-melon
Pulled by giant warf rats!
Now ober all de years
Sanna Claus, he be white
But, looks like us bros
Gets a black Sanna dis night.
Faster dan a po'lees car;
My home boy, he came.
He whupped on dem warf rats
And called dem by name!
On Leroy, on 'Lonzo,
And on Willie Lee,
On Saphire, on Chenequa;
Dey wuz a site to see!
As he landed dat watta-melon
Out der in de skreet
I knowed fo sho
Da damndest site I ebber did see!
He didn't go down no chimbley;
He picked da lock on my doe.
And I sez to myself,
"Shit, he done dis befoe!"
He had dis big bag
Full of prezents I 'spect
Wid Air Jordans and fake gold
To wear 'roun my neck.
But he left no good prezents;
just started stealin' my shit.
Got my drugs, got my guns,
Even got my burglar's kit!
Wit my stuff in de bag
Out da window he flewed
I woulda tried to catch him
But he stole my knife too!
He jumped on dat watta-melon
An' whipped out a switch
He wuz gone in a secon',
dat sonuvabitch!
Next year I be hopin'
Anutha Sanna we git
Cuz diz here Sanna Claus
Just ain't werf a shit!
December 11th, 2004 11:58 AM
sirmoonie That was great!

"El Ruhkn me, Ronnie!"
December 11th, 2004 02:56 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
My 16 old brother LOVES all this rap/hip hop/r'n'b/gangsta/whatever stuff, he spends all the day long listening to it, it drives me mad...

I can't understand the atraction in this shitty music, its just a lot of noises and that repetitive beat... fuck you, fuck white people, fuck cops, fuck my mother, fuck the atmosphere, fuck the sun, fuck the water, fuck everything....

I can't understand this.

Thank god that I live in Argentina, with the exception of Eminem maybe, the rap is not popular here.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood