ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Other bands taking a leaf off the Stones book? Return to archive
12-12-03 01:17 PM
Monkey Woman From Doctor Stones website
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/doctorstones/index.htm

Dec. 9 2003 : A new trilogy in Paris

After playing 3 club shows on one day in June, Metallica was back in Paris for a great sold out performance in the Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy (POPB). At the end of the show, Lars Ulrich, the drummer of the band, announced that they would be back for a stadium show at the Parc des Princes on June 23.
Metallica will be the 2nd band to perform this kind of club / indoor / stadium trilogy on a same tour.
It took one week to the Stones in July, it'll take a little bit more than a year to Metallica.
12-12-03 01:20 PM
glencar I've never liked metallica since that whole Napster thing. Lars Ullrich grates.
12-12-03 01:59 PM
SHINE A LIGHT while i also dislike metallica, i must say that it was bound to happen....by some band. the stones are the leaders of the pack.
12-12-03 02:01 PM
glencar The B-stage was copied from U2, I've read.
12-12-03 10:52 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
glencar wrote:
The B-stage was copied from U2, I've read.

Wasn't it the other way round? What year was it for U2? Because on the Voodoo Lounge DVD (1994), the Stones were already doing a mini set on a small stage. Though there was no catwalk or bridge, there was instead a part of the stage advancing into the public as the Stones played.
12-12-03 11:20 PM
Gazza U2 had a b-stage on the "Zoo TV" tour in 1992 (Zooropa in Europe the following year)

The first time the Stones used that contraption was for the acoustic set on the Miami "Voodoo Lounge" telecast in November 1994, but that was a one-off on that tour. They didnt have it as a part of their set until the "Bridges to babylon" tour in 1997.
12-12-03 11:25 PM
Monkey Woman Oh, I see now. Thanks for the precision, Gazza.
12-13-03 06:40 AM
glencar Monkey Woman, I'd have been more precise if I had the details but all I knew was what I read during the B2B tour by a non-Stones fan that the Stones had copied U2.
12-13-03 05:18 PM
SHINE A LIGHT you want facts? here ya go.....willie williams, with steve howard, do all the "special stuff" for the stones' tours. i don't think they "stole" this idea from anyone. the stones just wanted to be closer to the center of the floor. makes sense to me!!
12-13-03 08:00 PM
glencar The facts are 3 posts above yours. Why the fuss?
12-13-03 08:36 PM
SHINE A LIGHT ooh, someone is cranky????
12-13-03 08:40 PM
glencar Cranky? Nah, just stating the obvious. Believe me, you'll know when I'm cranky.