ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger? A disgrace to knighthood! Return to archive
12-12-03 11:40 AM
Monkey Woman Take a look at this! It's refreshing, in way, to see that the Stones are still a scare for tight-laced traditionalists.

http://www.traditioninaction.org/Cultural/D003cpKnighthood.htm
12-12-03 11:44 AM
SHINE A LIGHT things are looking up!!
12-12-03 11:55 AM
SHINE A LIGHT hey, mon wom.......that is so cool, i hope you don't mind, but i printed it. perhaps i'll hang it in the lecture hall??
12-12-03 12:03 PM
glencar Has the investiture happened yet? Nothing on today's TV yet.
12-12-03 12:06 PM
CS Yes it happened, now you can call him Sir Michael, not Sir Mick please (he told the press that)

"I suppose people will call me 'Sir Mick' but 'Sir Michael' has a nice ring to it," he said after receiving the honor Friday.
12-12-03 12:11 PM
SHINE A LIGHT oh yes, it was on tv....cbs this morning. my neighbor even phoned me (she's 67 years old) and said she thought it was quite cool, but was upset that the queen did not do the honors!!
12-12-03 12:12 PM
caro waAHAHAHAAAa!!
Sir Michael! That's cool! He seems to be having loads of fun today, eh?

"Happy Stone tours more than unhappy Stone." (no?)
12-12-03 12:14 PM
glencar But Keith isn't going to happy after Mick's comments!
12-12-03 12:16 PM
caro Yes, but Keith will tour anyway.
12-12-03 12:19 PM
glencar Probably so but later rather than sooner.
12-12-03 12:30 PM
LadyJane Nice find MW!!

Perhaps we should get a copy of that article to Keith. He may change his mind about the "paltry honor".

The Twins will be pissed at each other, but they'll get over it. They always do.

And I still believe the "bickering" is a bit staged. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Mick and Keith always have the last laugh as they stroll arm in arm to the bank to count their millions!!

LJ.
12-12-03 12:51 PM
SHINE A LIGHT it's on all the news channels.....i don't think keith will be any more upset than he already is! and that ice-cream comment could be an inside joke....afterall, mick did sell ice cream when he was a child, maybe his first job?
12-12-03 12:52 PM
Monkey Woman This article is hilarious, seen from a certain pov. Though it's of course very, very extreme traditionalists who think like that! Thanks god!
12-12-03 12:54 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
it's on all the news channels.....i don't think keith will be any more upset than he already is! and that ice-cream comment could be an inside joke....afterall, mick did sell ice cream when he was a child, maybe his first job?

Good point! Mick did sell ice cream in front of Dartford's public library when he was about 17 and doing summer jobs to earn pocket money. He even sold one to Keith, one day!
12-12-03 12:59 PM
SHINE A LIGHT well, thank you for the support. perhaps there's a method to his (mick's) madness!!!
12-12-03 01:57 PM
Boomy I see you surpassing JB in about two months...
12-12-03 02:02 PM
glencar JB has over 6500 posts. ShinyLight would have to post many smilies & jew lists to get to that rank.
12-12-03 02:15 PM
SHINE A LIGHT glencar, check your PM, please.

i don't get the above post....about the "jews" thing.

also, don't y'all worry.....i won't have time in the new year for these posts, doing a night class as well as the day job. that's why i'm taking this semester OFF.
12-12-03 02:18 PM
glencar The smilies & jew lists was what Josh did to get to 6500 posts. It was no reflection on you. Checking PM...
12-12-03 02:29 PM
L&A All that story is funny. Congrats, Sir Michael !
Keep rocking !
12-12-03 05:17 PM
glencar CNN is going to do a story on the knighthooded Jagger sometime this hour. I shall be recording; why not?
12-12-03 05:24 PM
SHINE A LIGHT methinks we all did protest too much. now, it seems, we're running to the tv and soaking it up like a sponge??
12-12-03 05:28 PM
glencar Don't make me sound like such a phony!
12-12-03 05:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot Mick is no disgrace to the knighthood.

But I certainly am.

I got my knighthood for "Carousing and Debauchery".

Have you people any idea how much carousing and debauchery it takes to get knighted??? Man, my back STILL hurts!
12-13-03 05:24 PM
SHINE A LIGHT hey sir stoned whatever....you get a medal for calling me a retard! that's something like a paltry honor from you. thanks kindly. have an ice cream now!!
12-14-03 05:52 PM
stonedinaustralia thanks MW that was a fun read...he sure is getting in a spin about the whole thing...one of mick's more prominent signs of being a reprobate that he forget to mention, he's spent the last 41 years working with keith richards

funny how he credits mick with invention of "heavy metal" - i always thought that was jimi's fault...