ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stu header Return to archive
12-12-03 09:16 AM
Monkey Woman That's a great picture, Fabio, and a great tribute to Stu. Thanks a lot for posting it, Voodoo!
12-12-03 09:17 AM
SHINE A LIGHT great pic of stu, thanks.
12-12-03 09:20 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You're welcome!

There are three different "Stu" cartoons on his page, and a lot of stones content, this one was kindly donated by Fabio to us all and it's not in his page, thats "cool and hot stuff" Fabio!

This was the intended header for today, but I had second thoughts

With Bill in New Zealand
12-12-03 09:29 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is Stu's funeral from Bill German's "Beggars Banquet", see their expressions

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod! I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him! He wasn't even on my list!" - Keith Richards
12-12-03 11:13 AM
BILL PERKS IT'S GREAT THAT THIS SITE HONORS HIM ON THIS DATE EVERY YEAR.THANKS.
12-12-03 02:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the first header today

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers
who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!"
- Keith Richards

Ian "Stu" Stewart - The second Rolling Stone
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
Art by Fabio "Hot Stuff"

12-12-03 05:04 PM
glencar Very nice stuff.
12-12-03 05:10 PM
SHINE A LIGHT every year on this day, i give special honor to stu. i think the thing that touches me the most is that stu was in the doctor's office (before a planned meeting with keith), stu was trying to get help. it's odd the way God just steps in......
12-12-03 05:12 PM
glencar Don't take this wrong way but you are so different from me...
12-12-03 05:16 PM
SHINE A LIGHT who me?? if "yes" well then there IS hope yet.
12-12-03 07:30 PM
SHINE A LIGHT ok, my curiosity is getting the better of me....how/why/etc. different from you???? kindly explain.
12-12-03 07:35 PM
glencar I don't get all worked up about the anniversary of Stu's death, for starters...
12-12-03 07:41 PM
SHINE A LIGHT "worked up" is an incorrect assumption! memories, though are amazing gifts. i am happy to celebrate his life and i was very sad that we lost him. i'm human, ya know?
12-12-03 07:45 PM
glencar I'm a cyborg.

12-12-03 07:46 PM
UGot2Rollme in memory of Ian "Stu" Stewart we should all play:
"Boogie with Stu"
from Led Zeppelin's classic album:
Physical Graffiti

Let it Rock, yeah!!!!
12-12-03 08:42 PM
SHINE A LIGHT hey, vood. thanks for ALL the great pics of stu today. i'm really happy to see one from bill german....he's always been most generous and kind to me. and, of course, likewise!!
12-12-03 09:21 PM
stonedinaustralia good suggestion UGot2

no doubt about it the saddest day in the band's history
12-12-03 10:04 PM
Monkey Woman Another great Stu header! Now, *that* is the way to play boogie piano! Pay attention, Chuck...
12-13-03 06:31 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the second header, it not just fits perfect but it was extactly 35 years ago and it is the only pic of Stu I have from the Rocks and roll Circus as he didn't play a key there

Ian "Stu" Stewart - The second Rolling Stone
b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985
Intertel Studios, December 12, 1968 - R&R Circus