ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bianca Named Goodwill Ambassador (NSC) Return to archive
12-12-03 06:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Bianca Jagger is Council of Europe's envoy against the death penalty

STRASBOURG, France (AFP) - Bianca Jagger, ex-wife of Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger , was named goodwill ambassador against the death penalty by the Council of Europe.

Nicaraguan-born Jagger, an international campaigner for human rights since her eight-year marriage to the rock superstar ended in 1979, had led "a remarkable fight" against capital punishment, council Secretary General Walter Schwimmer said in a statement.

Jagger will be officially appointed goodwill ambassador, an honorific title, at a dinner in Paris on Tuesday.

The 45 member states of the Council of Europe had become "a death-penalty-free zone," Schwimmer said, adding: "With Bianca Jagger at our side, we shall make more progress in the fight against capital punishment."

Council membership is limited to European democracies, but it is a particularly active opponent of the death penalty in Japan and the United States, which have observer status in its deliberations.
12-12-03 07:32 AM
SHINE A LIGHT ok, these people are getting just too respectable, hangin' with all these politico types!!
12-12-03 09:38 AM
LadyJane Are they now "Respectable"???

Who would have EVER thought that on the SAME day we would see Mick knighted by Buckingham Palace and Bianca named a goodwill ambassador by the Council of Europe!!!???

What's next.....the RO Drinking Thread Members enter a twelve step program???

LJ.

12-12-03 09:43 AM
nankerphelge Not a chance!

Rehab is for quitters!
12-12-03 10:01 AM
SHINE A LIGHT ok, i'm joining the respectable crowd...i'm gonna STOP wearing my "main offender" t-shirts and sweats while doing the prof thing......NOT!!
12-12-03 10:10 AM
Monkey Woman Oh, no! Don't quit them, SAL! Youngsters should be exposed to true rock spirit. It's good for their soul -- and musical taste!
12-12-03 10:46 AM
SHINE A LIGHT hey, monk wom....NO WAY , i was joking!! hell, when i'm having a tough day, it's these shirts which see me through.my students are very good people, but you're right...they do inqiure about the shirts, the band.i even USE the music in teaching english lit......there is a strong link between Golding's "Lord of the Flies" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash". many others, too.
12-12-03 12:21 PM
glencar What school is this again?
12-12-03 12:56 PM
SHINE A LIGHT oh dear, not you again!! it's difficult for me to name the place here, as my students could be here as well. a colleague of mine went on a "date/chat line" and ended up chatting with one of his students. can't be rid of them, they're everyhere!!
12-12-03 12:58 PM
glencar I'm just curious. One needs to keep track of one's faculties, after all.
12-12-03 01:02 PM
SHINE A LIGHT curiosity killed the cat, they say. if you're really THAT curious, i'll pm you some day!!!
i quite enjoyed the play on the term "faculties". thanks.
12-12-03 01:06 PM
glencar I try to be clever every once in a while. PM now. I need to know. Seriously.
12-12-03 06:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

What's next.....the RO Drinking Thread Members enter a twelve step program???

What a GREAT idea!!!!
12-12-03 07:02 PM
glencar On other boards, they have several 12-steppers.