ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Unknown Australia 1973 Return to archive
12-11-03 02:59 PM
jpenn11 Someone very kindly sent me a two CDR set he referred to as Rocks Off. The first one seems to be the single CD Rocks Off (with a somewhat muddled Tumbling Dice) from Perth/Sidney 1973.

The second disc has a similar sound, starts with Bitch, goes through the Australian shows material, has Taylor playing Gimme Shelter with a wah wah peddle (I think) and ends with four songs from Berlin 1970 (including Roll Over Beethoven).

Anyone know what this second disk is? The sender doesn't know and doesn't have the art.

Thanks
12-12-03 06:39 AM
Stonefarker The Gimme Shelter version with the wah-wah is from Perth '73, but I have no idea what boot you are talking about....
12-12-03 10:29 AM
jpenn11 I mixed up the discs. The first one has Gimme Shelter with the wah wah pedal. Thanks for confirming that was actually Perth.

The second disc seems to be an Australia show because they do Sweet Virginia and Little Queenie, it sounds like a soundboard and the Australian part ends with RTJ. The most distinguishing thing about the songs on the second disc is the false start to Happy. I guess someone added JJF and Beethoven from Berlin '70 and BS and SFM (1972?) to make it a "complete" concert, but it seems like an odd collection.

Thanks
12-12-03 11:17 AM
jb My ex-friend SS sent me "Sydney 73" and "Happy Birthday Nicky" and I enjoy the Aussie boots immensely....Taylor on GS is marvelous(even with Keith starting the intro over).
I have only 2 friends left in Australia-the great SIA and Tony. Corgi and fmk438? are not my friends.
[Edited by jb]
12-12-03 01:07 PM
glencar Joshy, please stop this nonsense. You'll only piss everyone off & it's not even good schtick. The jew lists were better. Barely.
12-12-03 09:24 PM
Stonefarker The 'Happy' false start occurs at Sydney 26th Feb show....
Keith wised up quick enough after the first chord was in the wrong key!

Stonefarker