ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Scotty Moore Surgery (nsc) Return to archive
12-10-03 09:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Ex-Elvis Guitarist in Stable Condition

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Guitarist Scotty Moore, who played with Elvis Presley for over a decade and helped shape some of Presley's most memorable tunes, was in serious but stable condition Wednesday following brain surgery, hospital officials said.

Moore, 71, was admitted to Baptist Hospital last week after doctors found a subdural hematoma, an accumulation of blood between the brain and the skull, said his longtime companion, Gail Pollock. The surgery was Friday.

Pollock said in a statement posted on Moore's Web site that doctors think he'll be able to play guitar again after physical therapy.

Moore teamed with Presley and bassist Bill Black in the early days of rock 'n' roll to record "That's All Right (Mama)" for Sun Records in Memphis.

Moore continued with Presley until 1968, his guitar riffs helping define other Presley hits like "Heartbreak Hotel" and "Hound Dog." Moore was elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000. ___
12-11-03 08:44 AM
SHINE A LIGHT oh dear, bless him. he's one of keith's idols and friends.i wish him well.
12-11-03 12:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Ex-Elvis Guitarist in Stable Condition

Pollock said in a statement posted on Moore's Web site that doctors think he'll be able to play guitar again after physical therapy.

Well I wish him well too. I hope the physical therapy isn't too bad. I'd say he's paid his dues.
12-11-03 11:17 PM
BILL PERKS AN INCREDIBLE GUITARIST.ALL THE KINGS MEN IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE RECORDS.HOPE HE'S OK.