ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TGA Entertainment Announces Multi-Platinum For Four- Flicks Return to archive
12-10-03 05:09 PM
CS December 10, 2003 10:57 AM US Eastern Timezone

TGA Entertainment Announces Multi-Platinum Sales For Rolling Stones Four-DVD Set `Four Flicks'; Best Buy Exclusive is One of the Best Selling Music DVDs of All Time

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 10, 2003--TGA Entertainment announced today that the Rolling Stones four-DVD set, "Four Flicks," has achieved multi-platinum sales since its release less than one month ago. As of December 8, "Four Flicks" had sold more than 125,000 copies in the United States and Canada, surpassing five-times platinum sales levels.

"Four Flicks" was released November 11 and is being sold exclusively in Best Buy stores in the United States and Canada, Future Shop stores in Canada and through Best Buy's Web site (www.BestBuy.com). This exclusive relationship has allowed the Rolling Stones and TGA Entertainment to make "Four Flicks" available to consumers for only $29.99 - an unprecedented price for a four-DVD set.

Since its release, "Four Flicks" has received critical raves as a definitive collection capturing the Rolling Stones in three distinct settings during their renowned "Licks" World Tour. The four-DVD set features shows at the historic Olympia Theatre in Paris, New York's Madison Square Garden, and London's Twickenham Stadium.

The collection includes five hours of music and more than 50 songs, many of which had never been released live before including "Love Train," "Rock Me Baby," "Nearness of You," "Monkey Man," "Worried About You," and "Hand of Fate." The fourth DVD presents two exclusive behind the scenes documentaries, "Tip of the Tongue" and "Licks Around the World."

"We appreciate the energy and support that we have received from Best Buy," said Michael Cohl, chairman, TGA Entertainment. "The collective effort to bring fans the ultimate DVD experience has been unmatched and the fans are responding."

"We are extremely pleased with our initial sales results for 'Four Flicks,'" said Gary Arnold, senior vice president of entertainment for Best Buy. "We believe that the multi-platinum sales figures are a testament to the power of Best Buy and the Rolling Stones working together to create excitement and bring great value to customers."

The "Four Flicks" collection features the latest in DVD technology offering cutting edge interaction, special viewing features and behind-the-scenes commentary. Audio options include a totally immersive Dolby 5.1 surround sound audio experience.

The "Four Flicks" DVD is produced by TGA Entertainment, a multi-faceted entertainment company and worldwide tour promoters for the Rolling Stones "Licks" World Tour. The Paris/New York/London concerts were all produced and directed by Marty Callner and produced by Randy Gladstein. Audio mixes were done by Ed Cherney. The New York Madison Square Garden concert was featured on HBO and has earned four Emmy nominations.

About Best Buy:

Minneapolis-based Best Buy Co., Inc. is North America's leading specialty retailer of consumer electronics, personal computers, entertainment software and appliances. The Company's subsidiaries operate retail stores and/or Web sites under the names: Best Buy (BestBuy.com), Future Shop (FutureShop.ca), Geek Squad (GeekSquad.com) and Magnolia Hi-Fi (MagnoliaHiFi.com). The Company's subsidiaries reach consumers through nearly 700 retail stores in the United States and Canada. For more information about Best Buy, visit the virtual pressroom at http://communications.bestbuy.com/pressroom/.
12-10-03 05:21 PM
Moonisup well it sells great everywhere, every review I have read in holland praises it, and said (to my surprise) nothing about the really higher price!
The price in Holland ranges from $50 to $85
12-10-03 05:41 PM
egon but it's the price for 4 dvd's!!

other than that i won't say a thing about this.
when it comes to sales figures i rather wait for JB's comments and then agree with him.

JB?
12-10-03 06:31 PM
Some Guy jb will not be pleased
12-10-03 06:55 PM
Some Guy or appeased.
12-10-03 06:56 PM
glencar Fuck 'im. He drinks frozen margaritas with whipped cream.

This is incredible news. 125,000 copies at $30 a pop is not a bad payday.
12-10-03 07:01 PM
SHINE A LIGHT nice pay, indeed.let's see...if someone paid ME that much money, i think i'd want to work more,for longer!!
12-11-03 06:30 AM
glencar Not everyone is money hungry.
12-12-03 06:15 PM
SHINE A LIGHT glencar, you've missed the point....i was implying that this well received stuff MIGHT help encourage the band to tour sooner!! you and i seem to speak two distinct languages?? and the money doesn't hurt.
12-12-03 06:23 PM
glencar What are you going on about?