ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lizzy sizzles back from New York (NSC) Return to archive
12-09-03 02:48 PM
moy Lizzy sizzles back from New York
(Filed: 09/12/2003)

The daughter of Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall tells Julia Robson about her kooky sense of style

Despite her 19 years, Elizabeth Jagger is already something of an ambassador for young British talent. Last month, for the second year running, Lizzy, as she likes to be known, was the star of the Lanc�me Colour Design Awards, a competition that showcases the work of fledgling students at Central St Martins. During London Fashion Week, her appearance on the catwalk gave instant credibility to rising stars.

And Miss Jagger knows her stuff. Having spent a year in New York cutting her teeth, she has returned to London clued up on what's hot. The daughter of Jerry Hall, the original supermodel, is also pretty knowledgeable about the industry. She made her debut aged 13, alongside her mother, on the Thierry Mugler catwalk.

"My mother gave me the best advice, which is to be myself in front of the camera," she says. "But Erin O'Connor taught me how to catwalk."

Any resemblance to her rock father and stunning mother is not immediately evident. Her hair is a mass of tumbling brunette curls - "I've done blonde" - and at 5ft 9in and a size 8, she is willowy rather than statuesque. It's only when she starts to move for the photographer that she reveals how she managed to join the modelling super league overnight, earning up to �20,000 for a shoot. Not only does the showmanship of her father, Mick, clearly course through her veins; she has also inherited Jerry's cheekbones and signature raised-eyebrow pose.

"My favourite image of my mother is on the Roxy Music album cover, dressed as a mermaid," says Jagger. "I used to love trying on her clothes when I was younger. One of my favourite outfits of hers is a rainbow dress by Thierry Mugler, which has caped sleeves and reaches the floor. I also love my father's old stage clothes. I wear his Spandex leotards sometimes."

Jagger's own style is kooky. She arrives for the shoot wearing a delicate, Edwardian-style Moschino dress, a pea-green granny sweater and an emerald ring, a birthday gift from her mother. "I like to wear daywear at night and eveningwear by day," she says.

Her favourite shops include the New York store owned by Patricia Field, stylist for Sex and the City - "My favourite pieces are the ones designed for drag queens. Because they are made for guys, they make my hips and bum look bigger" - and vintage shops in New Jersey. Young designers who get the thumbs up include PPQ, Jonathan Saunders, Louis de Gama, Boyd and House of Jazz. But she definitely isn't a fan of Stella McCartney.

"I think Stella is lazy in her designs," she says. "It's not enough just to rehash trouser suits. She's a bit full-on for me. She treats me like a sister and I hardly know her. I hate that rock-chick vibe. I don't just hang out with other kids of rock stars, although I have a good bit of gossip about one. Next year's model is going to be Alexandra Richards. I know everyone will say it's just because her father is a Rolling Stone and she goes out with my brother, but she is going to be huge."

Like her father, who took a cameo role in Enigma, which he also produced, Jagger hopes to try acting one day. "I'm totally obsessed with Alice in Wonderland. I flew to Los Angeles for a casting for an Alice film. I was trying to impress them with my knowledge of the book, but in true LA style, Alice was going to be American and a junkie, and the white rabbit was something to do with a weird heroin dream. I left before I heard any more. It was too depressing."

For now, she is happy modelling. But has she managed to convince her father that this is a suitable role for his teenage daughter? He was rumoured to be opposed to her choice of career.

"That was such a load of old poop," she shouts. "Like any dad, he wanted me to wait until I had finished my studies. I did that and now he's so proud of me." She thinks for a moment, then adds: "He's pleased my younger sister wants to be a vet, though."
# Pictures by Karl Pierard
# Styling: Julia Robson
# Hair and make-up: Carl Stanley at Carol Hayes Management using Lanc�me Colour Focus eyeshadow in Madame Butterfly, �11, and Juicy Tubes lipgloss in Fulidi, �11.50. The Lanc�me Calypso collection will be available from January 23 nationwide.
# Model: Elizabeth Jagger at ICM Models
# Fashion assistant: Sarah Baker
12-09-03 02:52 PM
moy BUSY LIZZIE

STELLA MCCARTNEY may have an unrivalled celebrity fanbase, but Elizabeth Jagger doesn't consider herself part of it.
"She's a bit full-on for me," the 19-year-old model daughter of Mick and Jerry tells The Daily Telegraph. "She treats me like a sister and I hardly know her. I hate that rock chick vibe. I don't just hang out with other kids of rock stars."

Jagger, who counts PPQ, Jonathan Saunders, Louis de Gama, Boyd and House of Jazz among her current design favourites, also has plenty of criticism for Stella's fashion talent. "I think Stella is lazy in her designs," she goes on. "It's not enough just to rehash trouser suits." Lizzie credits her mother, with whom she made her runway debut on the Thierry Mugler catwalk at the age of 13, for her own success. "[She] gave me the best advice," she said. "Which is to be myself in front of the camera. But Erin O'Connor taught me how to catwalk." Now 5ft 9in, a size 8 and able to charge up to �20,000 for a shoot, Lizzie, who admits to occasionally borrowing one of her father's Spandex leotards, is considered at the top of her game. And any doubt of Mick's approval about choice of career has been left far behind. "That was such a load of old poop," she says. "Like any dad, he wanted me to wait until I had finished my studies. I did that and now he's so proud of me. He's pleased my younger sister wants to be a vet, though." (December 9 2003, AM)

12-09-03 04:34 PM
moy another from the same sessions posted some weeks ago

12-09-03 07:08 PM
glencar Well at least she has her education to fall back on!
12-10-03 12:10 PM
Monkey Woman I thought it was Mick and Paul getting at each other's throat, for a second!

Jagger attacks McCartney

10 December 2003

Mick Jagger's model daughter has launched an attack on Stella McCartney's fashion sense - and accused McCartney of 'toadying' to her.

Elizabeth Jagger, 19, said: 'Stella is lazy in her designs. It's not enough just to rehash trousersuits. She's a bit full-on for me. She treats me like a sister and I hardly know her. I hate that rock chick vibe.'

Jagger's attack came a day after it was revealed her Stella McCartney fashion label lost �7.2million in two years.

Designer Jeff Bank's recently branded McCartney amateurish and added: 'She would not be in the position she is in if it hadn't been for her father.'

(Note: neither would be Liz, but then who cares! )

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/showbiz/articles/8102374?source=Metro
12-10-03 02:51 PM
riffhard64 Lizzy need a reality show like the rest of these rich rock kids...It's gotta be better than Ozzy's
12-10-03 03:27 PM
glencar No way! I'm waiting for the video of Ozzy driving that ATV & crashing! How oh how can Lizzy top THAT?
12-10-03 06:23 PM
riffhard64 oh that's easy Glen...just have sexy with Paris Hilton
12-11-03 06:33 AM
glencar Um, now that would be worthy of pay-per-view!