ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Whose idea was this? Return to archive
12-09-03 09:19 AM
nankerphelge Reuters) - Rocker Ozzy Osbourne underwent emergency surgery at a hospital in Britain after suffering serious injuries in an all-terrain vehicle crash on the grounds of his estate in Buckinghamshire, his publicist said on Monday. "During examination, doctors found that Ozzy had broken his collarbone, six ribs and a vertebra in his neck," publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a brief written statement, which added that the injuries were not considered life threatening.

-

I wouldn't let the guy use an electric toothbrush and his wife let him ride an ATV!
12-09-03 10:43 AM
marko Yeah,the Osbournes are not the wisest people around.
12-09-03 10:44 AM
glencar At least he wasn't on the open road!
12-09-03 10:56 AM
nankerphelge I can't imagine that any of the 27 bottles of pills he has says "operation of ATVs is okay"!!

12-09-03 12:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I wonder if he has a regular drivers license.
12-09-03 12:19 PM
glencar He has the shakes. I hope he doesn't ever get behind a wheel of any vehicle ever again.
12-10-03 10:10 AM
nankerphelge Ozzy crash 'caught on camera'

Ozzy Osbourne was being filmed for his MTV series when he crashed his quad bike, it is claimed today.

The rock star narrowly avoided being paralysed in Monday's accident on his Buckinghamshire estate and is still in intensive care.

The new series was to air in the US next month but filming has been suspended until Osbourne, 55, makes a full recovery.

---------

Can't wait!!

12-10-03 10:13 AM
Joey " I can't imagine that any of the 27 bottles of pills he has says "operation of ATVs is okay"!! "

Heminevrin ?!?!?!?!
12-11-03 06:57 AM
glencar Maybe this is a stunt for next season of "The Osbournes." The ratings were down considerably this past season.
12-12-03 09:41 AM
Hannalee Accident 'nearly killed' Osbourne

Sharon Osbourne flew from Los Angeles to be with her husband
Rock star Ozzy Osbourne stopped breathing and his heart stopped beating after his quad bike accident on Monday, his wife Sharon has told a newspaper.
"He had stopped breathing for a minute and a half and there was no pulse," she told the Daily Mirror.

"But thank God, the security guard was there to revive him," she said.

Meanwhile, Pop Idol judge Simon Cowell has apologised for joking on BBC Radio 5Live that Osbourne's accident may have been a stunt to boost record sales.

"Some people may even say he fell off on purpose," Cowell told DJ Simon Mayo on Tuesday. "It is going to help his record sales."

His comments provoked a furious response from Sharon Osbourne.

"If I could tar and feather him and handcuff him to lamp post in Piccadilly I would do it this instant," she told the Mirror.

Cowell later recanted his remarks. "I had no idea that Ozzy was seriously ill. I apologise unreservedly and wish Ozzy a speedy recovery," he told the tabloid's reporter.

The singer and TV star fractured eight ribs and a vertebra in his neck in the accident, and remains stable in hospital in Slough, Berkshire.

Sharon Osbourne told the newspaper her husband "stopped breathing and the guard spotted it immediately".

I apologise unreservedly and wish Ozzy a speedy recovery

Simon Cowell
Pop Idol judge
"He resuscitated him and got him breathing and his pulse going again. We are so, so grateful to him," she said.

Ozzy Osbourne had emergency surgery after the crash to restore the flow to a damaged blood vessel.

His wife said the crash happened as he drove over uneven ground, and the bike landed on top of him.

"The doctors are hoping there hasn't been any lasting damage, but until Ozzy can actually come round and get off the ventilator and then they will know," she said.

On Thursday, the couple's daughter, Kelly, said her father was awake and feeling better because he had moaned about the nurses.

"He gave me the thumbs-up and stuck his tongue out at me," she said.

Osbourne, singer with heavy metal band Black Sabbath, has enjoyed renewed success in recent years because of the MTV reality show based around his family life in Los Angeles.

12-12-03 10:03 AM
jb His wife is behind all of this..she has made a washed up rock star everyone's beloved "Ozzy" and has generated more income for him than ever before in his storied career.
12-12-03 10:11 AM
Joey

Jai Baby ?!?!
12-12-03 10:15 AM
jb Husker du?
12-12-03 10:20 AM
Joey

Josh , look for " Bo Pellini " to be named the new Husker Football Coach today .

Developing ..................................