ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sympathy DVD Return to archive
12-09-03 07:04 AM
egon read the review of the dvd in rs magazine.
(it's just recently on dvd?)

who's got it & do i want to buy it?

pleased to hear your thoughts.
12-09-03 11:01 AM
Monkey Woman I've got it. It's interesting if you don't already have the VHS (or if you have already worn the VHS with the Forward button while skipping the "revolutionnary" mumbo-jumbo!) and it's DVD quality, of course. But there's no bonus footage, if you except the trailer and... the Neptunes video! Very lame from Abkco, but we know what kind of rip-off Allen Klein is. There no booklet either.
12-09-03 11:05 AM
egon i don't have the video and never even seen the whole film.

so, i put it on my x-mas list?
12-09-03 12:12 PM
Monkey Woman Yes, go ahead. I enjoyed very much the footage of the Stones in the studio. Watching the song emerge is enthralling. They are testing, experimenting, trying this and that. You think they'll never stop tinkling about and then you blink: that's it, the song appears, there's a structure where there was just loose elements. The mystery of creativity observed in vivo, as it is! Plus it's one of the rare documentaries showing them in their heyday, with Brian.
12-09-03 02:50 PM
egon thanks!
12-10-03 05:46 PM
crb69 The White Stripes song "I want to be the boy to warm your mother's heart" reminds me of Nicky Hopkins playing the early version of Sympathy. A buddy of mine turned me onto the CD "Elephant" and I must say there are a few interesting trax on it. Another track called "Ball & Biscuit" has a 70's Stonesy boot-like-guitar riff in it. And another tune sounds like Lennon screaming about "Medicine". Those tunes are a far cry from that 7 nations Army tune. Whiney ass he is sometimes but plays a mean guitar...