ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Happy birthday Bobby and Keef!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tookie will die! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
December 13th, 2005 01:21 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's pretty much howe I feel too, Honky. If we could be assured that these killers would be there until the end, that would make it almost worse than death at an earlier age. That might prove to be a better deterrent than our somewhat random use of the DP.

How long is a life sentence in the United States? I think it's around 25 years in the United Kingdom. That's very unjust in itself. Why call it a "life sentence" if you're not going to spend the remainder of you're life in a cell?

There’s a guy called Ian Huntley. He killed two schoolgirls and for that, got TWO life sentences, but it's possible he could be out by the time he reaches his late 70's. This guy won't live that long, but even the notion of him walking the streets again is a repulsive thought.
December 13th, 2005 01:33 PM
sirmoonie They call if a "life" sentence because it is possible that the incarceration will last until the end of natural life.

Then they add qualifiers such as, (a) Life with no possibility of parole for 30 years, or (b) Life with no possibility of parole. Judges have discretion, as they should, in determining the qualifier to the life sentence.

This isn't difficult to understand.
December 13th, 2005 02:11 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Put them to death ASAP and then you don't have to have anyone/lawyer dissect what the law says

Really not difficult to understand
December 13th, 2005 02:12 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Put them to death ASAP and then you don't have to have anyone/lawyer dissect what the law says

Really not difficult to understand

Brilliant.
December 13th, 2005 02:26 PM
Joey " Put them to death ASAP and then you don't have to have anyone/lawyer dissect what the law says"

December 13th, 2005 02:29 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Honky Tonk Man wrote:
He should be made to suffer and how is to feel misery and humiliation now he's dead? No, if I were a family member of one of his victims, knowing that he's been left to rot in a cell for the rest of his life would be FAR MORE satisfying.

Now he's dead and his suffering has ended.

Unfortuantely his life behind bars was anything but suffering. Writing childrens books and Fawning celebrities does not bring visions of chain gangs and bread and water.

Then again, having Ed Anser's tongue up your a$$ must be pretty uncomfortable...

December 13th, 2005 02:31 PM
Joey " Then again, having Ed 's tongue up your a$$ must be pretty uncomfortable..."

[Edited by Joey]
December 13th, 2005 02:37 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
They call if a "life" sentence because it is possible that the incarceration will last until the end of natural life.

Then they add qualifiers such as, (a) Life with no possibility of parole for 30 years, or (b) Life with no possibility of parole. Judges have discretion, as they should, in determining the qualifier to the life sentence.

Much simpler in Holland: life is life so you are put away untill you die.
December 13th, 2005 03:02 PM
Egbert Having your dick & balls cut off would be a much better deterrent than death.
December 13th, 2005 03:04 PM
Joey
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Having your dick & balls cut off would be a much better deterrent than death.

Sometimes when I drink heavily or smoke some really strong dope my Testicles shrivel up ( see : Hillary " Puss Puss " Clinton ) .
December 13th, 2005 03:04 PM
kath
quote:
They call if a "life" sentence because it is possible that the incarceration will last until the end of natural life.

say what?? uh..this is waaayyy wrong. in texas (the PERFECT example) you can do a "life sentence" in 12 years.
i know several people who have been three time even four time losers, gotten a LIFE sentence and been back on the streets in 12 years.

life without the possibility of parole is a different sttory, of course. but let's have our facts straight.
December 13th, 2005 03:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Much simpler in Holland: life is life so you are put away untill you die.

I wish that was the universal policy! The Dutch have figured it out!

I also support castration to violent rapists.
December 13th, 2005 03:11 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I wish that was the universal policy! The Dutch have figured it out!

Hell we did! Most Dutch don't know this however.
[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]
December 13th, 2005 03:22 PM
monkey_man
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

How about castration to all non violent rapists?
December 13th, 2005 03:28 PM
kath "violent rapists" is redundant.
December 13th, 2005 03:53 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

a truly ignorant statement on so many levels. One, it doesn't work, empirically shown to be so...the sickos will use broomsticks and what not. And have. Two, it perpetuates the myth (held almost exlclusively by males) that rape is a a sexual act rather than an act of violence, subjugation, and hatred. The sexual angle is distinctly secondary and appears only primary to fucked up men.
December 13th, 2005 04:14 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

The sexual angle is distinctly secondary and appears only primary to .........

You make Joey cross legs
December 13th, 2005 05:09 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

You make Joey cross legs

Very sexy in doing so too! Is that a runway strip we caught a glimpse of...?

[Edited by pdog]
December 13th, 2005 05:18 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

Very sexy in doing so too! Is that a runway strip we caught a glimpse of...?

Yes , landing strip ( circa '87 )

... but nothing beats good ol' fashioned , back - to - basics , Wolf Puss ( circa ' 78 -- It was a very good year Ronnie )

W- W- What ?!?! ...... Oh , sure ! :

" When I was seventeen, it was a very good year.
It was a very good year for small town girls and soft summer nights.
We'd hide from the light on the Wolf Puss green when I was seventeen.
When I was twenty-one, it was a very good year.
It was a very good year for city
girls who lived up the stairs
With perfume hair that came undone
when I was twenty-one. When I was thirty-five, it was a very good year.
It was a very good year for blue-blooded
girls of independent means.
We'd ride in limousines. Their chauffeurs
would drive when I was thirty-five. But now the days are short, I'm in the
autumn of the year
and now I think of my life as vintage
wine from fine old kegs
From the brim to the dregs. It poured
sweet and clear. It was a very good year "

December 13th, 2005 05:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

a truly ignorant statement on so many levels. One, it doesn't work, empirically shown to be so...the sickos will use broomsticks and what not. And have. Two, it perpetuates the myth (held almost exlclusively by males) that rape is a a sexual act rather than an act of violence, subjugation, and hatred. The sexual angle is distinctly secondary and appears only primary to fucked up men.

You have attacked one of my posts...........................BUT! you did so intelligently and have convinced me that my statement was truly ignorant...i chalk it up to writing it quickly without putting much thought into it, but that is no excuse.

As a parent, I realize even more what a dangerous world it can be for our loved ones. I have absolutely no tolerance for murderers or rapists and feel extreme measures should be taken to prevent potential victims from these attacks.

I thank you for disagreeing with my posts and forcing me to step back and look at a bigger picture. Is there truly a solution?
December 13th, 2005 07:57 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Riffy, this person has not even reached 1000 posts. He is clearly a "C" or maybe a "D" Lister, as I can't think of one memorable post he or she has written.

What we have achieved in the posting world is nothing short of magnificent. Love us or hate us, we have made a huge impact on this medium. After years of hard work and dedication, we sit at the grown up table and drink the finest wines and nibble the tastiest cheeses.

People of Lotzajizz's caliber are nothing more than the extra's you see in the background walking by Bogey and Bacall.

Don't get me wrong, these sorts are necessary and appreciated, but when they try and get out in front of the "camera" and out act the greats, it usually is pretty embarrassing.

All My Best,

Maxlugar.

[Edited by Maxlugar]

Thank you Macky for pointing out what should have been a given. I can sometimes throw the bone to the undeserving "C" or "D" listers,and in Jizzy's case I presented him with a platform he clearly had not earned yet. I try to help the hired help. God knows I try,but sometimes it backfires,and we get what we had here yesterday. Well he wants it so he gets it,and then he proceeds to shit the bed,and get all uppity.

Then it's left for the "A" listers like yourself to bitch slap him into his place. I am sorry that I set Jizzy up for this ultimate humiliation,but then again if you can't run with the big dogs perhaps it's best to stay on the porch with the puppies.

Riffy
December 13th, 2005 08:27 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You have attacked one of my posts...........................BUT! you did so intelligently and have convinced me that my statement was truly ignorant...i chalk it up to writing it quickly without putting much thought into it, but that is no excuse.
Is there truly a solution?

truth in sentencing is a good idea and a LARGE step towards the solution....20 years should mean 20 years in at least half the sentences for crying out loud

plus, now that the studies have revealed the much higher rate of recidivism amongst the hardcore rapists, they should be given much harsher sentences off the bat, and the second and third such offenses should mean life in prison

all being said, I like you pug, I am sorry I said your statement was ignorant...I should have said 'it fails to appreciate...' or something

I can be rude

sorry
December 14th, 2005 12:44 AM
Egbert Lotsajizz is rude! Cut his dick off!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)